PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Racket?

Smashguy
05-27-2003, 10:47 AM
Does anyone own a Kawasaki Racket?

I know it have red cap and black cap version.

Does anyone know the story about the racket models? Does it good or not?

Thanks!

jwu
05-27-2003, 10:53 AM
most of the people I know who use this brands are in taiwan. haven't seen any of them here. my uncle had some and I tried them before, all really heavy and the racquet feels 'clumsy' to me. go to your local store and try some, take some practice swing and see how you like it.

bluejeff
05-27-2003, 11:39 AM
I have been using a Kawasaki for over 10 years.

Not sure about the model number...I left it in TW, but I will bring it back to US this summer.......I think it's 9800.....don't remember....and it cost me about 60USD 10 years ago....so it was a expensive racquet

It's a very solid racquet....and light (84g), what can I say? with proper stringing, I would say the performance of Kawasaki is as good as a Yonex Cab20.

atj_w
05-27-2003, 01:41 PM
Just providing a feedback from what I saw, I have a friend whose nephew bought a Kawasaki racket recently, not sure what model but I think it has splashes of blue and red color. The racket was nice, real glossy look.

During a doubles game, my friend clashed his racket with his nephew's and the 'lacquer' coating and the paint cracked, about 8-10mm size, like someone throwing a stone thru a window. The shaft didn't crack or break, just the coating. It was quite a hard clash and my friend was using a clone(can't remember what)

Pre-emptive
05-27-2003, 04:52 PM
I really like Kawasaki rackets. I have not tried a lot of them. I have 2. Graphite 3, an all graphite racket. I bought that in 1982 to replace my cab8. It was a very good racket even in today's standard. A racket expert told me that the cab20 design came from this racket but it is kind of hard to believe. D/X, I bought it 8 years ago. All graphite and ultra stiff, it comes with a ribbed grip. It gives very powerful smashes. Both rackets are very durable. I heard that kawasaki doesn't make rackets anymore except for the german market. Is it available in Singapore? I want to buy 1 to try out if they make long rackets.

bluejeff
05-27-2003, 08:03 PM
there are still tons of Kawasaki rackets in TW though:)
Maybe I should get one in June:cool:

forrestyung
05-28-2003, 09:07 AM
I have used BMG-500 and BMG-987 before.

BMG-500 is an excellent racket, it is as good as Cab 20, just a little bit lighter. It provides excellent power and control. The only problem is it only have 1 year life.

BMG-987 (may be Duncan 987, I cannot remember the exactly name). It is a nice racket, but cannot support 22lbs. The string cut into the head.

I recently bought a dead stock X-7, I think this one is made in Japan, since I find the craftsmanship is better than two previous rackets. This racket is mainly for collection, so I would not use it.

There is a new line Kawasaki in HK, but the outlook is very poor.:eek:

Pre-emptive
05-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Hi forrestyung, which store can I find them in Hong Kong?

forrestyung
05-29-2003, 11:01 AM
You can find the Kawasaki at:

New lines:
Chung Hing in Tsuen Wan
Kennex in Price Edward

Old lines:
Wan Kee group in Mong Kok
Sam Sports in Yuen Long

Pre-emptive
05-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Thanks, I will check them out.

zerochillnet
06-06-2003, 05:32 AM
no offence guys but isn't kawasaki a motorcycle brand?

forrestyung
06-06-2003, 08:34 AM
Japanese Enterprises are very funny.............

Gosen has the medical string and also fishing string.

Bridgestone has tyre, badminton products, golf products and tennis product...............

Yamaha has music instrument, motor bike, electronic instrument, badminton products and tennis product...........

Kawasaki has motor bike and badminton products.............

One company has many business........., may be one day YY would sell computer products:D

wilfredlgf
06-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Lo and behold! Yonex MP 128MB Video Card, powered by Isometric-shaped chip, boasting powerful burst of processing power, coated with Titanium protective surface. Serial number are laser-etched. All video cards have specific weight - from U to 5U. Look for the word JAPAN on the processor. Operates optimally at temperatures between 20 - 30 degrees Celcius.

Available at a store near you! Check for your distribution codes (CP, SP, UK, US etc...).

Righhhhhhhhhhhhttt.... :D

komodo dragon
06-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Actually, the Yamaha that makes pianos and the Yamaha that makes motorcycles are not connected. And the Mitsubishi that makes electronics and the Mitsubishi that makes cars are not the same company even though they have the same logo. I suspect that after world war 2, Americans split up the companies.