How to spot a FAKE Yonex Racket?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by butch, Jun 15, 2004.

1. butch

butch Regular Member

Could anyone tell me how to determine a Genuine Yonex from a Fake? A friend just bought an Armatec 500 model for P1,600 (US$28) local currency. I have browse at the internet regarding this models and it costs around $165 - $200. Thnx and more power...

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey Butch,

Since you're new here... have you read all the FAQs? There's a search function on top of the menu bar you could use to look for topics discussed. Believe me, your question has been discussed many times;). Use that before posting any questions, your local moderators will thank you for it:p.

BTW, welcome to BF:D!

3. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    Us$28 = 100% Fake Garantee!

4. other

other Regular Member

Student
    if it says armatec on the actual racket then, yes it probably is a fake!

does it have a serial code on the shaft and the cone?

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Please use "SEARCH" function for your topic, as it's been metioned many times.

2. Please check this link, as it's created by our member "bluejeff" to help ppl to identify fakes: http://free.hostdepartment.com/b/bluejeff/index.html

3. Never think a price of only 20% of the original price is "my lucky day", 99.999% is a fake.

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    If it's too good to be true, it probably is...

Perhaps butch wanted to seek assurances that it's not fake even though it very likely is... based on his own description:(. Classic case of denial, I think. It's probably the most common reason for people to post this question.

#6 cappy75, Jun 15, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  7. butch

butch Regular Member

Hey CAPP,

Thnx for the suggestion buddy...I really didnt look around for things that could probably help me regarding my concern. Just ran through a topic from one of the members here which made me realized that indeed there are fake brands in the market and theres a possibility that i could be victimize by them too.. Its true am just new in this sport and didnt know much of its turns and corners. Thnx anyway.;)

8. butch

butch Regular Member

Thnx Buddy.....you really did help me with that. Am really just new in this sport and didnt quite know of its runabouts. Am using right now a Talbot Arrowspeed 690 which am quite aquainted with it. What i noticed with this is i felt its vibration everytime i whack the bird with it. Thats why i was thinking of trying a new kind. Any suggestion? Thnx once again.:)

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Fake brands? You mean clonex? If they have their own brand name, but having similar color scheme with yonex models, then, I don't think it's against the law.

However, the fake ones (claim it's yonex, with it's name and symbol, but actually not) are the ones against the law. Never have to metion some sellers even sell the fake with equal or even higher price.

For the difference between fake vs clone, u can check the equipment FAQ section. ;)