PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Badminton Racket

liverpool
07-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Fleet seems to be a very popular Yonex clone in Malaysia. Is it well receive in other countries? Is it any good ? I heard from my friend that the owner is related to ProAce.

bluejeff
07-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Fleet seems to be a very popular Yonex clone in Malaysia. Is it well receive in other countries? Is it any good ? I heard from my friend that the owner is related to ProAce.
I am not sure if the owner is related to ProAce, but I have heard people saying it's a Taiwan brand. It is also pretty popular in Taiwan nowadays because of the affordable price (pretty much like 30% off the Yonex's price)

The quality is OK, I have tried my friend's racquet once (I forgot the model) and it felt ok, but nothing special.

liverpool
07-11-2004, 08:48 PM
I am not sure if the owner is related to ProAce, but I have heard people saying it's a Taiwan brand. It is also pretty popular in Taiwan nowadays because of the affordable price (pretty much like 30% off the Yonex's price)

The quality is OK, I have tried my friend's racquet once (I forgot the model) and it felt ok, but nothing special.
The armor series for Yonex cost around US$200.00 per piece in Malaysia. As for Fleet it is US$55 for TWO pieces and it come with a Fleet bag:confused:

bluejeff
07-11-2004, 08:50 PM
The armor series for Yonex cost around US$200.00 per piece in Malaysia. As for Fleet it is US$55 for TWO pieces and it come with a Fleet bag:confused:
That's exactly what I am saying, Fleet's price is cheaper.

Since you put a questioning face, So what was your question?

liverpool
07-11-2004, 08:54 PM
That's exactly what I am saying, Fleet's price is cheaper.

Since you put a questioning face, So what was your question?
Mind boggling about the huge price discrepancy...and since u r in US ...Is it available there?

huijun
07-11-2004, 08:55 PM
The new FT series of fleet just come out recently. Some of my friends have tried them out and they told me they were very good. But the price is not cheap around NT 2500.

bluejeff
07-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Mind boggling about the huge price discrepancy...and since u r in US ...Is it available there?
I haven't seen much in the US yet, none of the stores I know have them.

bluejeff
07-11-2004, 09:01 PM
The new FT series of fleet just come out recently. Some of my friends have tried them out and they told me they were very good. But the price is not cheap around NT 2500.
Hmm, the price has surely went up some. However, it is still cheaper than Yonex anyway. That's a good thing and I know lots of students buy them :)

huijun
07-11-2004, 10:12 PM
other serise of fleet rackets!

bluejeff
07-11-2004, 10:26 PM
One thing I like Fleet is that, they usually have 2U, 3U, 4U options for lots of their models. Unlike Yonex, who usually only have 2 options (either 2/3U or 3/4U) per model.

liverpool
07-11-2004, 10:27 PM
other serise of fleet rackets!
Huijun, thanks for all those great picture. In Malaysia Fleet racket comes in Open Series, Muscle Power, and Armor Tech. The most expensive piece ( I am not sure of the model ) comes in a wood design patent. Like those car dash board. :)

brandonwong
07-12-2004, 05:03 AM
i got one fleet racket...armor ace 700(clone of armortec 700) .. not bad.. can produce powerful smashing and i bought it for rm120 only... worth buying

regards

LazyBuddy
07-12-2004, 09:56 AM

In US, badminton's market is fairly small. The giant Yonex took the majority of the share, which makes the others having a hard time to survive. We do have various of brands in Gosen, BK, Yangyang, etc. However, it's almost impossible to just hold up a business by carrying just 1 brand here.

altis
07-12-2004, 01:33 PM
The new FT series of fleet just come out recently. Some of my friends have tried them out and they told me they were very good. But the price is not cheap around NT 2500.If I read correctly, the recommended string tension for the Nano Power Series 2U and Professional Series 2U is 28lbs-30lbs? :cool:

LazyBuddy
07-12-2004, 02:05 PM
If I read correctly, the recommended string tension for the Nano Power Series 2U and Professional Series 2U is 28lbs-30lbs? :cool:

I think that's more like the max tension (to qualify warranty, if any) it can handle. You can surely lower the tension if you want to.

huijun
07-12-2004, 08:30 PM
If I read correctly, the recommended string tension for the Nano Power Series 2U and Professional Series 2U is 28lbs-30lbs? :cool:
Yes, but 28 lbs is too high for many people. I can only handle 27 lbs.... :)

liverpool
07-12-2004, 09:00 PM
i got one fleet racket...armor ace 700(clone of armortec 700) .. not bad.. can produce powerful smashing and i bought it for rm120 only... worth buying

regards
Brandon...2 pieces for RM200 with a beautiful Fleet bag and two pieces of Fleet grip.....Interested? I am not making any profit from u...

wilfredlgf
07-12-2004, 09:05 PM
I used a Fleet before - surprisingly powerful but the vibration and kickback, man, it feels unstable. I don't quite remember which model as it belonged to me ex-student.

YNWA 96. :D

patfam
07-13-2004, 10:31 PM
where to buy a Fleet Racquet in M'sia? So far none of my friends are using but i think i might want to have look before buying it since so many of you say that its good ;)

liverpool
07-14-2004, 02:24 AM
where to buy a Fleet Racquet in M'sia? So far none of my friends are using but i think i might want to have look before buying it since so many of you say that its good ;)
The Armor Ace series 700/800 3uG2 cost between RM 200-230 for two pieces. It comes with a nice Fleet bag and two Fleet grip. You can call my friend Mr. Sim for a qoutation: 016-3286838.

If you are in PJ Michael Badminton Academy have a huge range of Fleet racket. The dealer if I am not mistaken Kim Kim Sports of Muar.

Good or not is up to u. It cost only a fraction (20 %) of those from Yonex!!!

brandonwong
07-14-2004, 08:37 AM
HI liverpool...

Tell you what..i just sold my fleet to my friend... maybe wanna get more yonex soon. Anyway, thanks for your info and i admit its really good deal man.

regards

Brandon...2 pieces for RM200 with a beautiful Fleet bag and two pieces of Fleet grip.....Interested? I am not making any profit from u...

salbahe88
07-14-2004, 06:17 PM
have been using FLEET Professional 2000 for the last 6 months and am very happy with them. Initially strung @ 26 lbs with BG-65ti, the head heaviness helps with the smashes.

cost me about US $ 65.00 here with strings

altis
07-15-2004, 03:44 AM
A friend of mine bought a Fleet Diamond 82 from Muar, Johor Malaysia (where the Malaysian Fleet distributor is based) for US$60. Have not had the opportunity to try out this racket yet.

Has any one tried this Diamond series before? Is this a new model?

huijun
07-15-2004, 04:29 AM
A friend of mine bought a Fleet Diamond 82 from Muar, Johor Malaysia (where the Malaysian Fleet distributor is based) for US$60. Have not had the opportunity to try out this racket yet.

Has any one tried this Diamond series before? Is this a new model?
In Taiwan, we have four series:nano power、professional、top power、smart!

fishmilk
07-15-2004, 01:30 PM
i would love to try the fleet clone of AT700, unfortunately i dont knwo where to find it in toronto

liverpool
04-20-2005, 02:42 AM
New Nano Series of Fleet in Malaysia 7000,8000, and 9000. US 60 for two pieces of Nano 7000 which is the best. Comes in 3u and 4u + guts +grip and a nice bag!! I heard the original Yonex cost US 400 per piece. Wow....we are going to create a lot(paying-up) for Beckham, Zidane, and Ronaldo soon in the badminton world.

asriwn
01-29-2006, 09:50 PM

regards

But my armor ace 700 were crack when strung for 2nd time at 26Ibs but my other fleet racket can stung at 27.

msenghl
01-30-2006, 01:03 AM
I am not sure if the owner is related to ProAce, but I have heard people saying it's a Taiwan brand.

What I was told is that ProAce, Apacs, ProTech, & Fleet are all Malaysian brand. And they are from one family, different owner though, they are siblings.

ProAce and Apacs are own by the same person. ProAce is the more expensive brand and Apacs is the lower end brand. The reason for creating Apacs is to kill all new start up, by going cheap on their rackets.

bluejeff
01-30-2006, 01:19 AM
What I was told is that ProAce, Apacs, ProTech, & Fleet are all Malaysian brand. And they are from one family, different owner though, they are siblings.

ProAce and Apacs are own by the same person. ProAce is the more expensive brand and Apacs is the lower end brand. The reason for creating Apacs is to kill all new start up, by going cheap on their rackets.

Fleet is a TW brand for sure as I have done business with them before. They are based in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.

AmourAce1000
08-29-2008, 01:52 PM
sorry to bring up this old topic. i'm new at this forum, recently searching everywhere (around klang valley ) for my old model fleet racquet, AmourAce 1000. a light yellow-orange color, with whole wood grain design. even though i post an e-mail to the dealer at Muar, also manufacturer at taiwan, end up nothing. But, some of the shop owner said it will be high possibility to find it at Johor state, coz some of those shops might still keeps this old stock, so i hope maybe some of you can keep an eye for me. thank you very much.

kristian
09-02-2008, 04:53 AM
I ever use top power 20 ,the yellow one ,which look like mp99
surprisingly it feel better than mp99

is top power 20 still in china market?,cause i wanna buy 2 of them

yetack17
09-02-2008, 10:01 PM
i just bought the Fleet nano titanium Tinsel 2 racquet.........cost me about RM330 , im very happy with that , very stable, balance and powerful racquet, and its light also 4U. compare with my previous yonex MP45, that much more better than yonex.

charleslml
09-04-2008, 04:08 AM
anyone try the Fleet Woven -999 racket?

what's the best price?

i've checked a shop in JB cost around RM375 as retail price is RM499.90.

is the racket worth the price, pls advise!

huijun
12-31-2008, 03:41 AM
anyone try the Fleet Woven -999 racket?

what's the best price?

i've checked a shop in JB cost around RM375 as retail price is RM499.90.

is the racket worth the price, pls advise!

The price for woven-999 is TW 2500 including string in Taiwan. The woven and professional series are top line of fleet. The woven-999 is almost the stiffest racket of fleet and the sweepspot is very small. The woven-888 has larger sweepspot with the same stiff shaft and is more user friendly.
I would recommand the woven-999 for A~B+ player. I would post some pictures of my woven-999 and 888 later.:)

imataquito
01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
anyone used fleet superlight 88 sq II? got it last week at RM199 wif bag and string and its a wonder 2 play at 26lbs bg66.. its 5u weight wise but it seems smashing for me has gone from average to sensational with this racquet .... lookin online for info or reviews but no luck

Danstevens
01-02-2009, 01:08 PM
anyone used fleet superlight 88 sq II? got it last week at RM199 wif bag and string and its a wonder 2 play at 26lbs bg66.. its 5u weight wise but it seems smashing for me has gone from average to sensational with this racquet .... lookin online for info or reviews but no luck

Why don't you write a review?

krisss
01-02-2009, 05:28 PM

Isn't yehlex also apart of the 'family' of brands.?

imataquito
01-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Alright dan, but dont you think that a racquet is more of an individual preference? and that it would need a group of reviews to more or less agree of the same feel for the same model of racquet in order to acurately establish it design which its intended for?

Anyway here goes, the fleet superlight 88 sq II is a 5u racquet which is the lightest class of racquets. This can be seen from a thin shaft, and rather thin head construction as well. The lightness is obvious as u hold the racquet in comparison to other racquets unstrung while in the shop. After stringing the racquet still feels relatively light and swingining is a total ease. It feels so light and easy jus to wield it without any notable unstability issues common with 5u racquets. Balance point is around 270 ish mm after stringing which would classify it as a head light racquet but on swing it actually feel slightly head heavy as i can feel th swing motion which makes me confident that i would actually hit the birdy unlike most other head light racquets. The head design is isommetric shape.

The reason i love this racquet is due to the fact that it jusfeels so powerfu on backhand, lob clears, drives, and finally smashes. With this racquet i can smash from the baseline with no problems and it would still be a kill; something relatively imposible with my older yang yang Ti9.0

Swingbadabada
01-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Isn't yehlex also apart of the 'family' of brands.?

Yehlex,Fleet,HI-QUA,APACS and PRO-ACE are all owned by the same company.

huijun
01-04-2009, 08:01 PM
pictures of woven-999 and 888:D

Laowai
06-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Anyone know about the fleet woven-1000? What is the balance and the length? What caught my eye is that the 2U version is rated up to 40 pounds and the 3U to 35 pounds! Sounds like a strong racquet.

jymbalaya
06-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Anyone know about the fleet woven-1000? What is the balance and the length? What caught my eye is that the 2U version is rated up to 40 pounds and the 3U to 35 pounds! Sounds like a strong racquet.

most modern rackets can take that high of a tension. however, manufacturers usually will leave a couple pounds space for leeway.

Laowai
06-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I realise that most modern racquets can take 30+ pounds, even if only rated to 28 pounds (for example). Still sounds like a strong racquet though.

alexkho
06-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Posting the latest Catalog i saw online

alexkho
06-04-2009, 09:38 PM
More From 2009 Catalog

alexkho
06-04-2009, 09:40 PM
More More More Fleet 2009 Catalog

Mario
06-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Hi, I just bought a Fleet Woven 1000 received it about 2 weeks ago without string, I had it strung and been playing with it for the last week or so. Part from the obvious getting use to a new racket it only took me 10 or so min and the same eveneing I played Mix game with the racket. I am use to playin with Yonex Armortec 500, and I am very sceptical when it comes to different brand rackets once I got to love a certain brand. All I can say is this fleet racket is a pretty amazing racket for the price class and the quality and strength you get out classes my yonex. One of the qualities for me with the Woven 1000 is the precise control and feel I get when playin at the net, and as a defensive racket the Fleet racket feels so easy to move around. The only aspect when comparing the Woven with my Armortec 500 is that I do not get the same explosive power smash that I get with my yonex, but it can also be that I am not completely settled with the racket yet, the Woven has got decent power make no mistake. All and all I would recommend this racket any day to someone.

This is my 1st post, soz if it is not up to par with the rest of the frequent posters.

Mario
06-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Some minor detail I left out. :)

Got the racket strung @ 25/26 lbs on a manual machine with BG65.

jymbalaya
06-11-2009, 05:22 PM
its quite interesting that for the top rackets, they seem to show the frame width, i wonder what are the effects from it being different widths at different places.

mchan065
02-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Does anyone know the weight of the Fleet Woven 1000 4UG2?

ksumojo
02-27-2010, 04:01 AM
Does anyone know the weight of the Fleet Woven 1000 4UG2?
Should be somewhere around 84-85g. I just got a 3UG2 the other day along with my 2 friends. It doesn't feel like a 3U at all. The racquet is balanced with slight head heavy. A true pleasure to play with. The shaft is long...I would rated medium stiff, however, being a long shaft, it will flex a bit more. I strung the racquet with NBG 95 at 27lb. Here in Kansas, we don't get much of feather shuttle, we use plastic shuttle quite often which is hard on the strings if string with high tension. I have played several times with this racquet, the string hasn't given me any problem yet. Still amazes me the way it feels and respond. I play with Yonnex and Kennex racquets before, but nothing come close to what this racquet gives me. Yonnex or Kennex racquets take me a couple good weeks to get used to. This racquet doesn't take long to get used to at all, may be 10-15 minutes. Of course, there is a period of fine tuning and get the right feel for it. Smashing is powerful and baseline clear is great. Drop shot is precise. Defense is very nice too. I think all these good attributes have something to do with the woven carbon fiber. Woven carbon fiber is by far the strongest material compare to the regular carbon fiber. Both high tech airplanes and bicycles use woven carbon fiber in the construction for being light and strong. I just don't know why this material hasn't been used widely by the badminton industry.

Oh....forgot to mention, the price is great too. For half the price of the best Yonex racquets, I don't mind buying another one as my backup. It is my excaliber

ksumojo
02-27-2010, 04:04 AM
Pix of my friend's Fleet

mchan065
02-27-2010, 05:31 AM
thanks for the review...hopefully i get my Fleet Woven 1000 by Friday =D

limak
02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Recently I bought W1000 3U and W2000 4U. Rackets have decent, elegant design based on woven carbon structure. Each racket came with its own specification (weight, balance point), see picture. I checked the weight of stringed rackets (no overgrip). Actually, my 4U is 88,9g and 3U is 91,2g.

I must say, that probably due to longer shaft, the rackets are a rather flexy to me. I prefer W2000 4U more, especially for doubles playing. Its fast, agile racket. But I still have the troubles to generate power shots with both rackets.

Sometimes you need longer time to adjust with new racket. So Im giving them more time. Generally speaking, these two Fleets are well-built rackets, no crap.

mchan065
02-27-2010, 06:31 PM
didnt know there was a fleet woven 2000...getting my info on fleet from this website mainly: http://www.fleet.com.my/p-rMain.htm

are there any other websites?

ksumojo
03-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Recently I bought W1000 3U and W2000 4U. Rackets have decent, elegant design based on woven carbon structure. Each racket came with its own specification (weight, balance point), see picture. I checked the weight of stringed rackets (no overgrip). Actually, my 4U is 88,9g and 3U is 91,2g.

I must say, that probably due to longer shaft, the rackets are a rather flexy to me. I prefer W2000 4U more, especially for doubles playing. Its fast, agile racket. But I still have the troubles to generate power shots with both rackets.

Sometimes you need longer time to adjust with new racket. So Im giving them more time. Generally speaking, these two Fleets are well-built rackets, no crap.

Do you know what the string tension is on both of your racquets? Mine is strung with NBG 95 at 27lb which gives pretty good power on the smashes. My other 2 friends, one of them strung at 25lb with NBG 95, the smashes still powerful. However, the other person who has the string tension of 24lb with BG65 doesn't give me the power that I wanted. It may have something to do with the type of the string and also the tension. Being a flexy shaft or lower tension string, the shuttle will stay on the string bed longer which would make it feel like playing with a lower tension string. Increase string tension may help. This is the case for me. Hope that helps!

ksumojo
03-01-2010, 02:17 PM
[quote=limak;1375284]Recently I bought W1000 3U and W2000 4U. Rackets have decent, elegant design based on woven carbon structure. Each racket came with its own specification (weight, balance point), see picture. I checked the weight of stringed rackets (no overgrip). Actually, my 4U is 88,9g and 3U is 91,2g.

Do you know what the string tension is on both of your racquets? Mine is strung with NBG 95 at 27lb which gives pretty good power on the smashes. My other 2 friends, one of them strung at 25lb with NBG 95, the smashes still powerful. However, the other person who has the string tension of 24lb with BG65 doesn't give me the power that I wanted. It may have something to do with the type of the string and also the tension. Being a flexy shaft or lower tension string, the shuttle will stay on the string bed longer which would make it feel like playing with a lower tension string. Increase string tension may help. This is the case for me. Hope that helps!

limak
03-01-2010, 03:27 PM

BG65 Ti, string tension 26 lb. Yes, both the string type and string tension may be "the part of my story". But more relevant are personal playing characteristics IMO.

yanzhi0714
04-08-2010, 09:27 PM
my fleet woven 1000 has quite a strange balance point....with 2 overgrips on it....it is 261mm from the cap....

but i still can get nice power from it. while also being able to maneuver very fast.

tingkai37
10-02-2010, 11:40 PM
anyone has reviews on fleet 100? im getting soon..

emmangoolaman
10-05-2010, 08:48 AM
wow. i hope fleet rackets would be available here in the philippines.

dexter980
11-21-2010, 01:48 AM

Hi Limak,

From the forum, i see that you own woven 1000 and 2000? Can you please tell me what is the difference between fleet woven 1000 and 2000 ??

Regards

limak
11-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi Limak,

From the forum, i see that you own woven 1000 and 2000? Can you please tell me what is the difference between fleet woven 1000 and 2000 ??
Regards

W1000 its a little bit heavier and more robust IMO. But I broke it during the forhend clear last week. It broke 1-2 cm from the handle. It was seldom used so I think there had to be some material defect inside the shaft. So now I own W2000 only:mad:.

dexter980
11-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Wow you must be really strong! If you dont mind, can you please show us the picture of the damage area . I just got my woven1000, I am really enjoying it. It take less energy to manage but in saying this when smash, there is this kick-back effect (compared to arc saber 8DX).

Hunterex196
11-28-2010, 08:34 AM
hey guys, im living in hk and i was wondering where can you get a fleet badminton racket there? havent seen any around, much

dexter980
11-29-2010, 02:58 PM
hey guys, im living in hk and i was wondering where can you get a fleet badminton racket there? havent seen any around, much

Try sohubuy.com, it is hong kong based.

dexter980
05-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Has anyone use Woven 1000 II and Woven Ti-888 ? Would be interested to hear the review.

petricnah
03-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Anyone own and tried Fleet 1000 and Fleet 1000 II (TW version)? Care to share?

boyzz77
03-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Anyone like to buy fleet profesional 7000 or triotec woven 3500...??? Pm me thanks

hanchienleow
07-24-2013, 05:13 AM
anyone use fleet air blade rp 55 before?