SORRY. Another request for help spotting Yonex fakes...

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by ThamesDitton, Oct 10, 2005.

1. ThamesDitton

ThamesDitton Regular Member

Ok, so I have read the many threads about fake Yonex, I have listened to the great wisdom shared by the players and community that use this forum, I have visted BlueJeffs fake list and other postings; and yet I still can't work out if my racquet is a fake. Yes, I took the crazy pills and bought it on Ebay, yes the price does seem to good to be true, yes it is probably fake and that is the risk I took. If it is a fake, it is a VERY good one.

I am a graphic deigner and I have a keen eye for graphic imperfections or inconsitancies, I have compared my racquets to various pictures of the genuine item and the quality of print and placement of elements appears very good. I have only spotted two possible inconsistancys there.

The price has made me sceptical, along with all the threads on this site, but having invested a couple of hours hunting over this site and the rest of the net; I am still none the wiser as to whether this racquet is the real deal. Maybe someone out there might be able to help...

the racquet is a YONEX NANOSPEED 7000
    the serial number on the shaft is 3815355
    the serial number on the cone starts 130685SP

The racquet feels really good, but then I'm no expert.

The handle was shrink wrapped: The adhesive barcode on the sticker on the shrink wrap read "CAB-Yonex-VF"

All the packaging was there, carboard head flash card, outer plastic bag. The racquet bag looks good quality.

The serial number isn't stamped, but printed.

The other thing I noticed is that on the pictures I have viewed on the web of real racquets, the silver colouration from the shaft goes onto the head and meets the red and gold pattern on the head just after gromet 6 as you go up the racquet (starting from 6 'o' clock). On the one I have bought the colouration makes this change after gromet 8.

I can post photos if they help.

I want to know for my own peace of mind. I took the risk, so I will accept the hit if I made a mistake. The trader I bought it off is still selling racquets though, and I might be able to stop others making the same mistake.

Alternatively, maybe it was a good buy, in which case I am happy to testify to others that this is a good racquet source.

I don't want to reveal the source of the racquet at this stage, as I am just speculating.

Any help much appreciated.....:confused:

#1 ThamesDitton, Oct 10, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  2. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    Yoz bro.... its definitely fake. the cone serial indicates made on 13th june 2008!!!! :(

3. hongkie

hongkie Regular Member

student
    Sigh.... another back from the future racket. It is a fake.

4. ThamesDitton

Thankyou, thought as much....

How annoying. Luckily I didn't spend to much money on it. Just really annoying.:crying:

5. other

other Regular Member

Student
    sigh did u buy it from china?

6. ThamesDitton

No. Bought off ebay in the UK. Posted within the UK.
    :crying::crying::crying::crying:

7. other

other Regular Member

Student
    now can u post the seller?

8. spacey

spacey Regular Member

Student
    yikes, can you post pics?

9. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Another obvious point would be the name on the sticker for the handle wrap, CAB-YONEX-VF.

Carbonex Variframe on a Nanospeed 7000? The seller must have been hoping no one would notice. Do Carbonex models even have the Variframe feature? :confused:

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    nope!! The VF are on the low-end Iso rackets.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Another our fellow member fell into the trap of "good look + good price" trick. Be extra careful next time. Sometimes, paying a bit extra means more security, and more important, no need to throw $$$ in water. :eek:

12. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Orrr you can always buy through Yonex retailers. ^.^ good luck on your next buy. However, your case may not be sooo hopeless as if you've used it and it feels good, whats the difference between a legit Nanospeed and yours?