View Full Version : Comparing SHB95 to SHB92

Mag
04-25-2002, 01:46 PM
Can anybody compare the 95's to the 92's? It seems they have the same sole construction?

Kelvin
04-25-2002, 04:13 PM
Mag, you are correct.

The soles of the shoes are constructed the same. I got to take a look at the two shoes last summer, and more recently a few months ago.
The newer shoe has more apparent changes in the rest of it eg. power cushion II, ergo-footshape features.

Speaking of which, I was looking into purchasing their walking shoes, to see if they are really comfy... anyone out there maybe Steplantis try one out for fit yet?

Cheung
04-25-2002, 09:52 PM
One international player said to me the SHB95 was more comfortable than SHB 92 by a long way.
Other amateur players have also had problems with the SHB92 in terms of comfort. That's why I went straight to SHB 95.

Why so many Internationals did use SHB 92 before was becasue of sponsorship (so this particular player told me).

Ricky
04-26-2002, 02:02 AM
I've both SHB92 and SHB95. You can increase the level of comfort of SHB92 by adding a pad (I bought mine in Luxis).

Yogi
04-26-2002, 02:11 AM
I always wear 2 insoles and Double sock. It really helps. Try it out for a day and u will feel more bouncier.As i have a Jump smash i need to wear them. I suppose the Shb 95 is more Wider or fits better.

But i dont like the color scheme as it is more Silvery like a sports car. I prefer the shb 92 on this(more sublime)

But then I would say that Both the soles are Very bad in terms of Life and for some reason the Glue that binds the Sole to the shoe upper comes off to soon for my comfort.

I would always suggest other shoe makers over YONEx.

Cheung
04-26-2002, 09:15 AM
I'll keep an eye (or a foot out) about the glue problem.

Actually, I'm not such a great fan of Yonex for shoes either. The SHB95's are the first time I've bought Yonex shoes for nearly 4 years.

Gladius
04-26-2002, 12:27 PM
It strange but seems that the Japan version of the SHB 95 and the South-East Asian version are not the same shoe!!

The Japan version has a different outsole whereas the S.E. Asia version has the same outsole as the SHB-92 !!

Its not a figment of our vivid imagination as we ( me and modious) have seen recently at the Singapore edition of the Asian Satelite tournament where one of the players was wearing the Japan verison of the SHB-95. Which is not the same as the one we see in the Singapore '02 catalogue.

kwun
04-26-2002, 12:49 PM
Gladius, interesting observation. i have a pair of Japanese version SHB-95. however, i have never seen the SE Asian version. when i get a chance, i will compare the two and let you guys know.

kwun
04-26-2002, 01:12 PM
actually, here is the picture of the sole of my shb95. (let me try out the image attachment feature)

notice that the sole has worn out at the ball of the feet. that piece came off after only a few weeks. the rest has been holding up really well.

Kelvin
04-26-2002, 01:54 PM
Hi, just a quick question...
Which SHB-95 shoe would you be referring to???
Because the Mid cut shb95, looks much different from the low cut shb95.

I think the reason why YY Canada decided against importing shb95, is because they can make more money importing the less expensive shb92, and keeping a higher margin on the price, as they wouldn't be able to do so with the shb95 lowcut.

Speaking of prices.... Ricky, or Cheung, how much are the shb95's mid, and low cut running in HK right now??? because I'm baddly in need of a new pair of footware!! :mad:

If I dont import from HK, I might as well import it from JP.
Thanks.

BTW Kwun, is that the shb95 mid you have there??? what size? also compared to other court shoes you've warn... how do they compare in terms of comfort (as mentioned previously), durability... weight, support, maneuverability etc etc.
I've seen the shoes last year, but never tried them on. LOL

kwun
04-26-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Kelvin

BTW Kwun, is that the shb95 mid you have there??? what size? also compared to other court shoes you've warn... how do they compare in terms of comfort (as mentioned previously), durability... weight, support, maneuverability etc etc.
I've seen the shoes last year, but never tried them on. LOL

those are shb95 low from Japan. i have never worn mid shoes for badminton, and i have a feeling that the mid will actually be restricting my ankle motion. (not sure, just guessing here)

i have used Hi-Tec Adrenaline Pros before, very nice shoes as well. lasts forever, the more current models looks like they are even more rugged. however, i have very wide feet, the Yonex is more fitting.

the shb95 is very good actually. i had reserves at the beginning. but after a whole year in them, i am quite impressed. the upper cover is very comfy and soft. i originally thought it will be flimsy as it is so soft. but after all these time, they are still holding up rather well.

if you compare the toebox of HiTec Adrenaline Pros and the SHB95, you will see that the SHB has more leather coverings, and the sole rubber go up a little bit higher. the wear on the SHB95 is much less. on the HiTec, the mesh actually worn through. i have used them both for a year

Kelvin
04-26-2002, 08:00 PM
Hi guys,
You've got good eyes there Gladius!
I just wanted to let you all know, Gladius is correct about the outward appearance of the Japanese shb-95 low, compared to the global release of the shb-95.

Apparently, Japan did some cosmetic work on the shb-95 for the rest of the globe, and also the axe job on the name, instead of having the mid, and low cut shoes, there is just the low cut model, labelled as shb-95.

I personally would like to purchase one of each, and see if there are any real differences in terms of the shoe itself, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the info on the shoe Kwun.
Also I concur with what you say regarding the mid cut shoes, restricting ankle movement, I've noticed the same thing with myself, and higher cut shoes... the low cut shoes, combined with those low cut socks... I forgot what they're called again... basketball players wear them as well, along with runners...
Does anyone remember what they are called???
They look like girls socks, because they're so low cut... is it ankle socks??? :confused:

In anycase, my point was the low cut shoes, combined with low cut socks, seems to give the feeling of a lot more freedom and mobility with my feet. how about the rest of you???

Ricky
04-26-2002, 09:17 PM
As far as I know, there are mainly three types of SHB95 sold in HK:

(1) SHB95 imported from China directly, the model # is still sHB95
(2) SHB95 like shoes sell by Yonex HK distributor, the model # is ???95
(3) SHB95 imported from Japan

If you want the mid version, you must import from Japan, and the price is significantly higher than (1) and (2). The one I bought last year (I'm likely the 1st people in HK with SHB95 mid) costed me over HK$1,000.

Some friends told me that (1) have poor quality. In fact, I heard a rumor that those being exported to HK directly from China are failed items in the QC process.

modious
04-26-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Gladius
It strange but seems that the Japan version of the SHB 95 and the South-East Asian version are not the same shoe!!

The Japan version has a different outsole whereas the S.E. Asia version has the same outsole as the SHB-92 !!

Its not a figment of our vivid imagination as we ( me and modious) have seen recently at the Singapore edition of the Asian Satelite tournament where one of the players was wearing the Japan verison of the SHB-95. Which is not the same as the one we see in the Singapore '02 catalogue.

Gladius, I've managed to find the Japan version of the SHB 92.
http://go1.163.com/bean/images/shoes/shb85w.jpg

The sole is different from the ones we have!

http://store.badmintonsupplies.net/merchant/graphics/00000001/SHB-92.jpg

modious
04-26-2002, 10:35 PM
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/images/Wei.Yan2-Japan2002.jpg

Blitz
04-27-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by modious
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/images/Wei.Yan2-Japan2002.jpg

Pianz...wat a way to see a sole :D

UkPlayer
04-27-2002, 09:32 AM
Kwun - your SHB 95's look different to mine (EX)
What is the diff between EX, MID etc.?

UkPlayer
04-27-2002, 09:33 AM
side view

Gladius
04-27-2002, 09:38 AM
Modius,

Oh ... !!

But that seems to be the revised version of the SHB-95v Japan edition!!

What we're having was originally the SHb-92 as I first saw on the Yonex Japan catalogue for 2000 !!

Yogi
04-27-2002, 11:03 AM
But is there a big difference in the way it feels? I hope someone can clarify on that.I just think that the soul might be better in terms of traction and durability.

But is it actually heavier or gives a better bouncier feel?

Cheung
04-27-2002, 11:07 AM
You guys are totally amazingly observant about those soles. My SHB95 soles are exactly like Kwun's.

I didn't know what Ricky told us about the origins of SHB95.

Emmy are selling this model (low cut) for HKD480. They say it's the Japan version.
(I went there and didn't disclose my connection with BC- is that ethical)

cooler
04-27-2002, 08:07 PM
the highest end yonex we got in canada is the bottom photo from modius post. I dislike the look of it and decide against buying it. It look cheap and glad to learn later on that it's not well constructed for its price. The japan version look way more studier. I doubt we get any shb95 here in canada. Don't know why CD rackets is at par with JP but not the shoes. Yonex canada think we're dumb. That's why this puppy had never bought any yonex CD shoe ever.

modious
04-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by UkPlayer
Kwun - your SHB 95's look different to mine (EX)
What is the diff between EX, MID etc.?

Your SHB95 EX is not the Japan version.
http://store.badmintonsupplies.net/merchant/graphics/00000001/SFB-95.jpg

Japan has 2 versions.

SHB95 LOW:
http://www.yonex.co.jp/img/product/bad/shoes/shb95l.jpg

SHB95 MID:
http://www.yonex.co.jp/img/product/bad/shoes/shb95m.jpg

Notice not only the sole is different. The design of the shoe is also slightly different at the sides. The EX version shows the 3D Carbon while the Japan versions show the Power Cushion.

Gladius
04-27-2002, 11:26 PM
Modious,

Actually, if you take a very, very close look, the Japan version does show the carbon plate but in a different position.

I do think that that Japan version is much nicer than what is being touted as the 'international' version

;)

Your SHB95 EX is not the Japan version.
http://store.badmintonsupplies.net/merchant/graphics/00000001/SFB-95.jpg

Japan has 2 versions.

SHB95 LOW:
http://www.yonex.co.jp/img/product/bad/shoes/shb95l.jpg

SHB95 MID:
http://www.yonex.co.jp/img/product/bad/shoes/shb95m.jpg

Notice not only the sole is different. The design of the shoe is also slightly different at the sides. The EX version shows the 3D Carbon while the Japan versions show the Power Cushion.

modious
04-28-2002, 09:56 AM
Another interesting SHB95 Low picture I found.
It's similiar to the Japan version but it's not!
Kwun, which version is yours?

http://www.bbeshop.com/image2ac/shoes_shb95low.jpg

http://www.bbeshop.com/image2ac/shoes_shb95low_b.jpg

Now apparently there a 2 different types of SHB95 lows, the SHB95 EX and the SHB95 mid!

Blitz
04-28-2002, 10:07 AM
Another interesting SHB95 Low picture I found.
It's similiar to the Japan version but it's not!
Kwun, which version is yours?

http://www.bbeshop.com/image2ac/shoes_shb95low.jpg

http://www.bbeshop.com/image2ac/shoes_shb95low_b.jpg

Now apparently there a 2 different types of SHB95 lows, the SHB95 EX and the SHB95 mid!

You guys are really so detailed or should I say mad about shoes! :D

UkPlayer
04-28-2002, 01:46 PM
Thanks for clearing up what the differences are Modious.

Originally posted by Gladius
Modious,

I do think that that Japan version is much nicer than what is being touted as the 'international' version

;)

We'll have to disagree on this one Gladius :D

kwun
04-29-2002, 07:29 PM
Hi all,

my SHB-95 is the Japan version. it was bought from Luxis around one year ago, who directly imported it from Japan.

it looks like there are two versions, the Japan version, and then there is the "EX" version. i don't know what EX stands for, perhaps "EXport"?

it is interesting though, as the EX version is significantly different than the Japan version, they don't even share the same sole and the sole is the "soul" of a pair of shoe.

i wonder why bbeshop managed to get the Japan version. it'd be interesting to go and visit bbeshop as they seem to have a good stock selection.

Ken_ck87
04-30-2002, 05:40 AM
I have a account on bbeshop.com, and I know bluesky(bbe) is quite reliable. As SHB95 are made in China, bluesky get them from those factories directly as I saw that some customers complain there is no shoe box for SHB95s. I don't it had been change or not, but I just give a more details information.

Cheung
05-01-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Ricky

If you want the mid version, you must import from Japan, and the price is significantly higher than (1) and (2). The one I bought last year (I'm likely the 1st people in HK with SHB95 mid) costed me over HK$1,000.

Some friends told me that (1) have poor quality. In fact, I heard a rumor that those being exported to HK directly from China are failed items in the QC process.

Yucks, I think I got one of the poor quality ones. I'll try to get pictures up of it. I'm not using Yonex shoes again. Can't beleive how bad experiences I've had with Yonex shoes. The only saving grace was this pair being pretty comfortable.

Ricky
05-02-2002, 01:27 AM
I think those units imported from Japan should have better quality, at least, even not better performance. In fact, Yonex Japan always does something like this - domestic products are usually better than international products. If you look at their T-shirts (Japan vs Malaysia made), even a 3 years old kid can tell you that they are radically different.

In my opinion, I think other Japanese brands like Mizuno produce better quality wearing (clothes and shoes).

cooler
05-02-2002, 02:01 AM
i don't want to start another SP vs non-SP quality debate but this demonstration of SHB-95 variation support those people who say that SP is less quality than CD/US/GR which is then less quality than CP/CN

Gladius
05-02-2002, 10:44 AM
Cooler, there are no conclusive evidence of the disparity in quality here.

Just that the way Yonex is selling their stuff seems a little confusing. By the looks of it, there are 4 different versions of the SHB-95!! Nobody seems to have all 4 to compare.

But noteworthy though is that the Japan versions seem the most refined in design.

Originally posted by cooler
i don't want to start another SP vs non-SP quality debate but this demonstration of SHB-95 variation support those people who say that SP is less quality than CD/US/GR which is then less quality than CP/CN

Gladius
05-02-2002, 10:53 AM
Interestinly, if you look very carefully, what we seem to be able to get at bbeshop is what some of the Chinese national players like Lin Dan here is wearing.

Note also the ISO 800 Tour he is using too.

http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/images/Lin.Dan8-Allengland2002.jpg

Cheung
05-26-2002, 07:37 AM
check this out

Cheung
05-26-2002, 07:39 AM
And this!

Yudhi
05-26-2002, 01:28 PM
This is the condition of my one yr old SHB-92EX which I think still in very good shape

Yudhi
05-26-2002, 01:32 PM
and this

Yudhi
05-26-2002, 01:36 PM
this too...

Yudhi
05-26-2002, 01:40 PM
finally the "soul"...

AKFT
05-26-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Ricky

I recently bought 2 pairs of XXX-95 in HK. Both "low" versions. The first pair is AR-95, supposedly the official HK Yonex model, made in some cheapo country, and was selling for ~ HK$360. The second pair is SHB-95 bought from Emmys (same price as Cheung, proof positive that he did not ask for special pricing). This pair was supposedly imported from Japan, but the label had "made in China" written on it. The soles are similar, except the AR-95 has "YY" at the tip of the shoes. As to durability, I'll report on them later.

:)

Yogi
05-26-2002, 07:57 PM
Mate,

I am surprised that ur shoe is in damn good condition for something that has been used for more than a Yr! None of my shoes last me for more than 3 months! I guess i puncture my soles and sides with my drag!

I should say that ur movement is correct and ur position to the shuttle immaculate!
The way the shoe sole has a tear tells me abt ur movement! it is alwasy nice to see a youngster move correctly!

carry on cowboy and practice hard.

Cheung
05-26-2002, 09:04 PM
Hah, if that's the state of Yudhi's shoe after a year, he hasn't been playing enough!

Just to clarify, I didn't buy my shoes at Emmy. I just said Emmy's quotation for the shoe was xxxHKD.

Yudhi
05-26-2002, 11:34 PM
FYI, I play 3 times a week and each I would spend at least 3 hours

modious
05-27-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Yudhi
FYI, I play 3 times a week and each I would spend at least 3 hours
Yes, and pls remember that we've a session today!!
What are you still doing at home??!! :p

AKFT
06-12-2002, 09:22 AM
I have to report that a piece of rubber trim on the sole of my AR-95 is already coming off after less than 50 hours of use! This is the Yonex shoes supposedly made under license by Whoever. I have not tried the "real" SHB-95 yet. Hope it lasts longer than this.

modious
07-19-2002, 07:19 PM
I recently got another pair of SHB 92 (international version) and it broke after wearing less than 20 times!!
The leather portion on the upper of the right shoe has a hole and it will continue to get bigger if I use it....
It's wierd because my right leg is my racket foot and theorectically it should be my left shoe that will have a hole as it will drag on the floor and stuff.
What suprises me more is that I had been wearing another SHB 92 since I bought last year July and it is still holding up extremely well! It just has a small hole (understandable) at the side of the left shoe.

kwun
07-31-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Cheung
And this!

just did some more comparison while i was in Luxis today. i notice there is a way to tell the difference between the Japan version and the Chinese version of the SHB95. if you look at the gray stripes on Cheung's shoes, esp the side stripes, they stop before it touches the soles. in my Japan SHB95 and in the Yonex Japan photos, the stripes goes all the way into the sole.

the question now is whether i have time to go back to Rose and check out that pair of "Japan" SHB95 and see if they are really "Japan" or just another mislabeled.

AKFT
07-31-2002, 12:42 PM
Question for Kwun: The "Japan version" that I bought from Emmys, the "dog tag" on the shoes still says "Made in China". Are the ones you are checking out actually made in Japan?

kwun
07-31-2002, 12:49 PM
no. mine is made in China too... perhaps a different factory? or manufactured to a different standard?

AKFT
07-31-2002, 01:04 PM
That makes me feel better, as I always wonder if I got jibbed.

Both Cheung & I (may be others too) have problem with the grey"gutter" on the sole tearing apart after just a few hours of use. The SHB-88 doesn't have that "gutter" from the pictures. May be that would be more durable. Did you check it out while you were there?

Traction-wise, I think the SHB-95 is great. Just not too durable.

Did you try out the Yonex socks? It's a must!

Buy! Buy! Buy! Time in HK is running out!

:D

kwun
08-02-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by kwun

just did some more comparison while i was in Luxis today. i notice there is a way to tell the difference between the Japan version and the Chinese version of the SHB95. if you look at the gray stripes on Cheung's shoes, esp the side stripes, they stop before it touches the soles. in my Japan SHB95 and in the Yonex Japan photos, the stripes goes all the way into the sole.

the question now is whether i have time to go back to Rose and check out that pair of "Japan" SHB95 and see if they are really "Japan" or just another mislabeled.

some follow up on the investigation of Rose's SHB95. i went there again and checked out the side strips, lo and behold, the side strip does extends into the sole, just like the Japan version i have, furthermore, the tags on the shoes is in Japanese as well. for all the evidence so far, the shoes seems to be the "Japan" version.

so i thought i will get a pair from them as mine is already one year old and starting to wear out. i asked one of the girls there for a pair of size 8, that's my shoe size. she took out a pair of 26.5. i tried it on and it felt tight so i ask for a half size larger. she gave a face and went to fetch another pair. and then suddenly i realized i have my own pair in my racket bag (duh...) so i took it out and it is a 27.0. the girl came back with a 27.5 and i asked if they have 27.0. she made and face and said "no". so i just said thanks and left.

imho, the people in Rose has some attitude problem. throughout my trip there today, there was another shopper asking the owner something about a tennis racket, the shopper kept on asking question, and the owner answered them in a very rude, "you are taking up my time" type of manner.

anyway, so i walked down the road to Emmy just for the heck of it, i found the same pair of shoes! SHB95, Japanese tag and strips into the sole. so i asked if they have a 27.0. bummer, they don't have it, the owner there asked a few times one of the kids if they have double checked the stock "upstairs", and confirmed for me that indeed they are out of stock. he then asked when i need it as they may have new stock on monday, i told him that i will be in another country by then, he then called up his supplier and have them deliver the new stock tomorrow. so hopefully i will be able to get a pair from them.

so i think Emmy will get my business.

as for whether the shoes is or is similar to the genuine Japan version that i have, only time will tell and i will send out an update a couple of months later.

AKFT
08-02-2002, 01:49 PM
....checked the stock "upstairs

Yes, "upstairs" is literally above your head! It's the space above the dropped ceiling. They have a lot of stuff up there. Takes a little acrobatic to get up there too.

canadian azn
08-02-2002, 08:40 PM
i don't know why but it seems that shoes bought from asia don't last as long

for example my shb 60( bought from malaysia) lasted two months before the leather ripped, and the sole came off.
compare to my shb90 (bought from canada) i still have it, only minor thread wear

i am not sure why the quality is so different. but it is deffinetly true that yonex's quality control needs to be reviewed.

modious
08-02-2002, 09:33 PM
My SHB92 EX which was bought in locally in Singapore lasted for about a year! Yuhdi's and |r|s's SHB92 EX also lasted for more than a year.....

But I've another pair of SHB92 EX which lasted only after wearing for less than 20 badminton sessions!
The leather portion came off!

Hmm.....

|R|S
08-02-2002, 10:43 PM
i think the older batch is better... and i think i was very lucky to get a different batch from you, modious, remember on the leather part mine has holes ?

those ventilation holes.... you and mongoose dont have those holes...

kwun
08-05-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by AKFT

Yes, "upstairs" is literally above your head! It's the space above the dropped ceiling. They have a lot of stuff up there. Takes a little acrobatic to get up there too.

indeed. i had a peek of the "upstairs" in Luxis. there must be hundreds of rackets up there!

kwun
08-05-2002, 02:33 PM
so here is another update of my SHB95 purchase. i went back to Emmy to pick up my shoes. despite telling me that it will be there at 3pm, it wasn't there till around 6pm. but that was ok. i did notice that there a little bit of moulding irregularities between the left and right shoes, that happens to all the shoes in the batch that Emmy has. but it is very minor and i didn't bother too much about it.

i haven't started using it yet. but from my initial inspection and comparison with my current SHB95, everything seems to be matching. i will post another update after i have started using it.

while i was there, i noticed there is a Boron-2 "IN" version hanging on the rack waiting to be strung. :)

Emmy's shop is so small their stringer have to sit on the pavement/sidewalk to string their rackets.

saw the Iso900 SX/SA in Emmy, HK$1000! no way!!!

Pecheur
08-05-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by kwun

saw the Iso900 SX/SA in Emmy, HK$1000! no way!!!

Is that for the SP?!

Actually I can sort of understand why they'd put up the price because those two were probably the most extreme racquets Yonex has produced in a long time and would have a certain "core" following. When they went to Iso Ti, the SX was definately less head heavy, and the SA was noticably more head heavy and both became just so much more mainstream :P. Actually whilst I really like my Ti SA, I still use the 900s a lot. Maybe I should try to get more for my unused 900 SX ;)

kwun
08-08-2002, 02:25 PM
yes. the SP. the thing about the Iso900 vs. TiSP is that the TiSP feels more hollow, as if they cut down some material to save cost or something.

and i think some Indonesian players are still using the Iso900.

Yonex is replacing rackets much too quickly. :(

cooler
08-08-2002, 06:24 PM
to keep one or two step ahead of the the clones:p

kwun
04-29-2003, 07:53 PM
anyway, just a follow-up to the SHB95 that i got.

i bought a pair of direct Japan import SHB95 two years ago (i think it was May 2001) are seeing the end of their lives. the front of the left shoe is pretty much all gone, the sole is completely worn off there all the way down to the threads. the rest of the sole is still holding up pretty well but with the big hole in front, it can be uncomfortable. the right shoe is still wearable, except that there is a small hold developing at the top front of the shoe. i was afraid that it will get larger and larger.

i must have changed the inner sole around 4 times during the two year's span. the inner sole will all tear and develop huge holes.

the shoes originally costed me around US$100 in Luxis. that's really expensive for a pair of badminton shoes. but considering it lasted 2 full years, it was well worth the investment. i mean, if you regularly play hard 2-4 times every week, how many pair of badminton shoes lasts you 2 years?

so go on to the other pair that i bought from Emmy. the HK distributed version that costs 1/2 the price of the Japan ones.

the feel of the shoes are quite different, the soles are more rigid and feels stiffer than the Japan ones. after may be 1 month of play, the strips on the side started to come of like Cheung's. i noticed that the quality of the leather is also lower than the ones in the Japan version. the HK ones are thicker and more coarse while the Japan one is much more comfortable.

the sole and inner sole rips apart just as easily as the Japan version.

after 2 months, i have broken in the shoes and they didn't give me as much pain as they did before, but still, i always prefer to wear the Japan version.

since the Japan one is pretty much worn out, i have started to switch over to the HK ones. i will see how long they last, but so far, it seems like they are holding up ok..

modious
04-29-2003, 08:14 PM
Yeah, the Japan ones seems to be more "durable" the the export versions. I've to change the insoles regularly as well. But I must say the SHB95 EX (http://www.yonex.com/graphics/SHB_95.jpg) is pretty good as I've been using them for quite sometime. I've never tried before the Japan version (http://www.shuttle-house.com/PAGE_top/MAIL_ORDER/Special_Price_TOP/Special_Price_shese/SHB95LOW/SHB-95LOW_B.jpg) so I don't know how much better it fares. You worn the SHB95l for 2 years?!?! That's amazing!
The SHB-88 (http://www.shuttle-house.com/PAGE_top/MAIL_ORDER/Special_Price_TOP/Special_Price_shese/SHB88/SHB-88_B.jpg) which I've is pretty good as well.

Now I'm thinking if I should get the SHB98 (http://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/products/shoes/shb98m.html)!

Hmmm...... why do I need so many pairs of shoes? :eek:

kwun
04-29-2003, 08:23 PM
modious, yes, i was amazed too. two years. mainly because they are quite comfortable and fits my feet really well. some of my previous shoes would have lasted long (say the HiTec Adrenaline) but i had to ditch them because they weren't comfortable enough.

i will see if can take some pics of the war torn SHB95's tonight.

these days, i'd rather spend my money on a new pair of shoes than a new racket. i am starting to look into what my next pair of shoes will be. Yonex seems to be the only ones that fit my feet.

Yodums
04-29-2003, 09:02 PM
I just placed an order for this awhile ago and a week ago I dug up this thread. Interesting that this shoe has caught your interest kwun since this is your 3rd pair? No idea :)

I bought the Japan versions.

Yodums

kwun
04-29-2003, 09:21 PM
2nd pair. first pair was a Japan import. second pair was HK ones. (read the thread about the difference)

i wonder if Luxis still have the Japan imports. i won't be going back to HK for a little bit, my HK pair should hold up until whenever that is....

Yodums
04-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Hehe Kwun. If the SHB-89 were available in Canada, I would buy them ASAP. However, they're not :( Are these shoes really that narrow? They look narrow. I'm getting a size 10.5 US.

kwun
05-01-2003, 12:34 AM
Japan import, left toe damage after 2 yrs.

modious
05-01-2003, 01:51 AM
Oh my! The sole looks pretty worn out aint it not? :eek:

What about the sides of the shoe? Does your non racket foot shoe has any holes? 2 years is really a long time if you've been using it regularly....

Since you really like it, you should seriously get another SHB95L. If Luxis doesn't have it, import it from Japan!

Yodums
05-01-2003, 07:59 AM
Dang kwun, you're hardcore. I noticed that Yonex shoes always had like a worn mark where your the left side of your right toe is or visa versa. I'm guessing this is from friction or something. Nothing has happened like that with my Nike. You can hardly see the slightest worn mark on the sole.

jkusmanto
05-01-2003, 12:22 PM
I have SHB 92 which I bought a year ago. It made in China.
The quality of the shoe is good.

After reading all the threads. I remember one thing that I almost forget.
I used to work in the Japanese company, where many Japanese experts walking around.
One of the experts (Actually my boss) told me : All Japanese companies have a non-official policy.
The policy is to make special series of their product which just sell in Japan.

If we look at all the Japanese products, I have to agree with hem.
Take a look the Yonex products : racket.
Electric : Sony, Sanyo, Hitachi, etc.....
Photographic : Canon, Nikon, Minolta, etc
Car : Toyota, Honda, etc
Watch : Seiko, etc

So, it is not surprice if we have SHB95 Japan version. Europe version, Asian version, American version, etc.........

kwun
05-01-2003, 03:05 PM
Oh my! The sole looks pretty worn out aint it not? :eek:

What about the sides of the shoe? Does your non racket foot shoe has any holes? 2 years is really a long time if you've been using it regularly....

Since you really like it, you should seriously get another SHB95L. If Luxis doesn't have it, import it from Japan!

yeah. this pair was really expensive, i think it was around HK$800/US$100, i hesitated a little bit when i bought it as i have never spent so much money buying a pair of badminton shoes. heck, i don't think i have ever spent so much money buying any shoes... :) but i now think it was well worth the money.

the sole on the racket foot side is still in pretty good condition. but there is a hole on the top and front of the shoe, where the toe is pressing against. i say the hole is around 1cm or so long.

Yodums
05-01-2003, 04:05 PM
How much was it this time? I got it for ~110 CAD dude! :)

Carbonexer
09-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Sorry for digging up this old thread. I couldn't help it but to post some pics here from the recent 2003 WC and S'pore 2003 open.

In fact almost all intl players were wearing SHB95EX and not SHB95 japan.

Some visible differences when looking at the pics:
SHB95jp = top padding has white label
SHB95ex = top padding has white yonex wording without any label
SHB95jp = front tip sole is navy color
SHB95ex = front tip sole is white color

Wearing SHB95ex
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_91&products_id=1978
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_91&products_id=1969
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_91&products_id=1817
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_91&products_id=1646
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_92&products_id=3102
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_92&products_id=3113
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_92&products_id=3029
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_92&products_id=3038
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_92&products_id=3123

Wearing SHB95jp
http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_92&products_id=3020

Novice
07-15-2005, 04:22 AM
So, where do people get their made-in-Japan midcut Yonex shoes in SF Bay Area? I've been searching for many years for a midcut court shoe that I think I'd settle for _any_ midcut court shoe that fits my feet. Where do people go for such shoes?