View Full Version : Astec (Alan-Susi Technology) Rackets

Pages : [1] 2

maa2003
05-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Guys especially from Indonesia, I need your input for this Astec brand.
Own buy 2 Olympic Champs (now husband and wife), Susi Susanti and Alan Budikusuma, they made Astec - Alan Susi Technology.

I saw this racket as a sponsor of Badminton sport charity-show hosted by Ricky Subagja when I took annual leave in Indonesia 1 month ago (April 2006).

Where I can find the website of this racket ? Is this available widely in Jakarta or Surabaya ?

Thanks.

blinan8088
05-20-2006, 10:09 PM
As far as I know, Astec hasn't had a website yet.

I live in Yogyakarta, Indonesia and Astec brand is very popular here.

I have tried AS Pro 800, it is slightly head light, iso head, stiff shaft. I think it is the best for its price since it costs only around USD 50. I like this racket. The downside of this AS Pro 800 is it's not good looking (hehehe.. I don't mind anyway), dominated with plain black color. The recommended tension is 28 lbs as printed in its shaft.

If you like rackets with cool color scheme, then take a look at Wave Power, it is more expensive, around USD 60, dominated with blue and white. However, I cannot comment on this racket, I haven't had a chance to swing it.

All I can say about Astec rackets is they worth the money. :)

maa2003
05-20-2006, 10:55 PM

I have tried AS Pro 800, it is slightly head light, iso head, stiff shaft. I think it is the best for its price since it costs only around USD 50. I like this racket. The downside of this AS Pro 800 is it's not good looking (hehehe.. I don't mind anyway), dominated with plain black color. The recommended tension is 28 lbs as printed in its shaft.
If you like rackets with cool color scheme, then take a look at Wave Power, it is more expensive, around USD 60, dominated with blue and white. However, I cannot comment on this racket, I haven't had a chance to swing it.

bro Yogyakarta is old, now back to Jogjakarta .... he..he..he... ntar Sultan HB marah ... he..he..he...
iya nich, saya lagi cari banget, dukung merek lokal ........ he..he..he...
but the price is not cheap ...... compare to here in Singapore or Johor Bahru, you can find brand Fleet, Aspac or ProAce with very nice price only SGD 60 (USD 38).

anyway, which shop in Jogja I can find this ? I have a friend who frequently return to Jogja ........

thanks for the info.

blinan8088
05-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Wah kalo toko yang jual Astec di Yogya sih buanyak banget :)
(translation: There are many stores selling Astec rackets in Yogyakarta :D)
1. Fina Sports (Jalan Kaliurang), pemiliknya Finarsih (owned by Finarsih)
2. Arena (Jalan Kusumanegara)
3. Toko Yonex (Jalan Sultan Agung)

I think you cannot compare the price without looking at the quality hehehe.. Astec has an entry level series which approximately cost around USD 30, when high end Astec rackets cost around USD 125. Some high end ProAce rackets cost around USD 90. So I think it depends on the quality of the racket too. :)

maa2003
05-21-2006, 05:42 AM
Wah kalo toko yang jual Astec di Yogya sih buanyak banget :)
(translation: There are many stores selling Astec rackets in Yogyakarta :D)
1. Fina Sports (Jalan Kaliurang), pemiliknya Finarsih (owned by Finarsih)
2. Arena (Jalan Kusumanegara)
3. Toko Yonex (Jalan Sultan Agung)

I think you cannot compare the price without looking at the quality hehehe.. Astec has an entry level series which approximately cost around USD 30, when high end Astec rackets cost around USD 125. Some high end ProAce rackets cost around USD 90. So I think it depends on the quality of the racket too. :)

dun worry bro ........ (ojo kuatir), I'll try to look it if go to Jogja.
BTW, Finarsih is one of our Indonesia former women-double ?
nek sing podo karo Yonex Armortec700 model opo ?

blinan8088
05-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Iyo dab.. Lili Tampi & Finarsih :) Mantan pemain ganda putri Indonesia.

Wah sing mirip AT700 aku ora ngerti. Sing pernah tak coba, kabeh head light atau even balance. :)

Sealman
05-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Pak, if you're going to Jakarta, suggest you check out the Astec rackets at Susy Sports run by Susi Susanti. You can find the address here:
http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17558

imho I find Astec rackets value for money with respect to the mid range and low end models. The price range is approximately S$40-S$75. The top models can cost you ~S$100-S$150 which I find overpriced. The package includes a bag, strings and grip.

The list of Astec models is exhaustive. New models keep coming up now and then. Have fun selecting your rackets!

PS. Toalson rackets have similar cosmetics and seem to be produced from the same factory as Astec.

Double_Player
05-22-2006, 05:17 PM
wah...sounds like a good one. baru tahu saya ada raket buatan indo yg mutunya bagus...waktu masih tinggal di Jakarta, pakenya selalu yonex...(yg ngetop itu sih)

maa2003
05-22-2006, 05:44 PM
wah...sounds like a good one. baru tahu saya ada raket buatan indo yg mutunya bagus...waktu masih tinggal di Jakarta, pakenya selalu yonex...(yg ngetop itu sih)

Tahunya juga pas nonton acara reality show bulutangkis yang dipandu oleh Ricky Subagja (Olympics champion) seperti AFI atau Idol, pake eliminasi juga. Mereka pake merek Astec.

Just known recently during one of reality show hosted by Ricky Subagja (Olympic Champion for MD), similar to AFI or Idol, has elimination round as well. They used Astec brand.

blinan8088
05-23-2006, 05:31 AM
The show is TPI Smash and it is sponsored by Astec. :)

Memang brand Indonesia tapi kayaknya OEM dari pabrik di Taiwan. CMIIW.

david14700
05-24-2006, 04:45 AM
I've been playing nearly 25 years and used mostly Yonex but have recently bought a few Apacs, Winex, Kason, Gosen, etc., mostly clones of Yonex models I like.

Astec is a very good brand. My Ti25 is one of my favourite non-Yonex rackets, and excellent value for money of course (it cost me less than a fifth of my MP99 but plays nearly as well).

Can you actually meet Susi Susanti when you go to her shop? Wow, that would be cool....

Still think she is one of the best player ever to pick up a racket.

EnggakMau
05-24-2006, 09:07 AM
PS. Toalson rackets have similar cosmetics and seem to be produced from the same factory as Astec.

Maybe you are right, but I am not very sure. Alan said that the OEM factory is a Taiwanese company located in China. Once he complained that one of Toalson racket copy his Astec Pro 800's design. If Astec rackets are produced from same factory as Toalson, he surely would complaint about it.

The latest top model is "Storm". It is very light and has flexible shaft and a very nice bag. It costs IDR 1.2M (= US$ 130). It does not suit my play style, but I am tempted to buy it because its lustrous chrome paint.

Type range is very extensive: Trium, Titanium, Nanotec, Wave Power, Magnum, etc series. Some range are targeted to specific consumen, i.e Lipstick series with pink colours for girls, ones with cartoon characters are for kids, etc.

Astec rackets are sold very well in Indonesia. Some stores suggest it is number two best selling brand after Yonex (or number 3 if fakes count).

david14700
05-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Chrome? on a badminton racket? this I gotta see....just think of it flashing in the eyes of your opponents as you smash :D

zoboz
05-25-2006, 10:53 PM
yes astec is getting the market in indo but rearly seen in the jkt market. (I did not see this brand at pasar baru). Want to try this brand. Surabaya is the place if u want to get this racket. Don't know shops in sby as i live in jkt....

Chrome plated racket is different ...toalson has this paint work as well. seen it at queensway in 1 of the shop. Toalson something 01 and 02..i can't remember the model name but it has inside wave tech (muscle power racket has wave on the outside of the frame but this one is in the inside).

maa2003
05-26-2006, 02:07 AM
Good info ........... maybe will buy later during annual leave back-home in Surabaya.

Maybe you are right, but I am not very sure. Alan said that the OEM factory is a Taiwanese company located in China. Once he complained that one of Toalson racket copy his Astec Pro 800's design. If Astec rackets are produced from same factory as Toalson, he surely would complaint about it.

The latest top model is "Storm". It is very light and has flexible shaft and a very nice bag. It costs IDR 1.2M (= US$ 130). It does not suit my play style, but I am tempted to buy it because its lustrous chrome paint.

Type range is very extensive: Trium, Titanium, Nanotec, Wave Power, Magnum, etc series. Some range are targeted to specific consumen, i.e Lipstick series with pink colours for girls, ones with cartoon characters are for kids, etc.

Astec rackets are sold very well in Indonesia. Some stores suggest it is number two best selling brand after Yonex (or number 3 if fakes count).

maa2003
05-27-2006, 05:55 AM
bro, I wish you are OK after the earthquake this morning (May 27, 2006).
really shocked because the killed victims now raise more than 2100 people.
oh my god ......
jaga diri brur ......

blinan8088
05-28-2006, 03:32 AM
bro, I wish you are OK after the earthquake this morning (May 27, 2006).
really shocked because the killed victims now raise more than 2100 people.
oh my god ......
jaga diri brur ......

Hello Bro. Thank God I survived the earthquake. Thanks for your concern, bro.

The earthquake was very very different from the usual earthquakes which happened in Yogya before. This one was huge and very scarry. I saw houses "dancing" and crumbling down. Sometimes when I close my eyes and imagine the earthquake, I feel scarred. However, thank God I still made it, many many people didn't make it. :(

Please pardon my OOT.

ChampionKing
10-18-2006, 04:51 PM
yeah..I know where it is selling...and I've email to the webhost..
they told me it will arrive USA around Jan. 2007
using google search: m-geometric badminton
and you'll see that website!

tomblos007
10-18-2006, 10:54 PM
never seen , never heard, so i never used
di bali aku kok gak pernah liat raket astec , here in bali i never seen astec racket, please give me inform about the shop which sell this brand ?

thx

ChampionKing
10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
There's some info about Astec rackets on the website m-geometric.com!
don't forget to add www. in front of it!

By You
10-18-2006, 11:16 PM
You may ask to Finnarsih (Finna Sport -- Jogja) and Enny Julianty (Smash Sport -- Jember). They are the ex Cipayung athlete. Both are well trained in local training center (Pelatda) in Jember before they are recruited into Cipayung. They both have their own business on badminton equipment, mainly, and they still comunicate each other. They also keep on update about baddy equipment and baddy store in other area in Indonesia.

Just contact them on:
Finna Sport: +62 274 886 241
Smash Sport: +62 331 487 474

Both are selling Astec as well.

Cheers,
By You

blinan8088
10-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Yes, you can find wide range of Astec rackets in Fina Sports. I like to go there, I always buy my badminton equipment from Fina Sports.

By You
10-19-2006, 12:25 AM
I will be in Jogja on 30-31 of Oct. Is there any posibilities to play baddy there (MD game)? I am considering a newbie in badminton, just 3 years play badminton.

By You

sifuyono
10-19-2006, 12:36 AM
astec also distributed in surabaya name ALAN SPORT toko jl. Kapas Krampung. The owner is Alan's dad. the racket has much quality on the frame if compare to yonex. so it can hold tension higher.

blinan8088
10-19-2006, 10:59 AM
I will be in Jogja on 30-31 of Oct. Is there any posibilities to play baddy there (MD game)? I am considering a newbie in badminton, just 3 years play badminton.

By You

Hello.. Salam kenal.

I usually play on Mondays and Thursdays and October 30 is Monday. Unfortunately I will be out of town. Next time if you visit Jogja again, please contact me and we can go to play badminton together. :) But I must tell you that the court is not too good though.

kenshin_kendoka
11-02-2006, 04:08 PM
ARRGGHHH... I just found out this forum after I went back FROM Surabaya. Can you give me the complete address in Surabaya, so that i can asks one of my relative to buy it for me.

maa2003
11-02-2006, 05:35 PM
you can read the above post ........ mentioned Jalan Kapas Krampung, shop name ALAN SPORT.
This road and shop is famous in Surabaya, so badminton fans should know it.

FYI, Alan Budi Kusuma (Goei Ren Fang, please correct me if wrong) was originally Arek Surabaya back in 1983/1984 during National championship.
That time he still used his Chinese name, but after became National Player, then changed his name (political policy).

ARRGGHHH... I just found out this forum after I went back FROM Surabaya. Can you give me the complete address in Surabaya, so that i can asks one of my relative to buy it for me.

ctjcad
11-03-2006, 12:48 PM

you can read the above post ........ mentioned Jalan Kapas Krampung, shop name ALAN SPORT.
This road and shop is famous in Surabaya, so badminton fans should know it.

FYI, Alan Budi Kusuma (Goei Ren Fang, please correct me if wrong) was originally Arek Surabaya back in 1983/1984 during National championship.
That time he still used his Chinese name, but after became National Player, then changed his name (political policy).
If not mistaken Jl. Kapas Krampung is in the "old" Surabaya area, near and around Jagalan area...I think our other BC/BF Surabaya local member, fabcargo (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/member.php?u=2102[/url) and/or agNEZone (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/member.php?u=20894[/url) can give more informations..;):cool:

ASTEC
11-03-2006, 09:19 PM
hi... this is from astec-Jakarta, yes you got the information right...maybe about the first quarter of 2007, you can buy Astec badminton racket in Canada...if u got any question don't be hesitate to email me, i"ll try to answer it...
Next Month we're gonna launch new type of rackets, NANO LIGHT 100, NANO LIGHT 200, and NANO LIGHT 300...
New design with most of the surface with chrome...

maa2003
11-03-2006, 09:44 PM
If not mistaken Jl. Kapas Krampung is in the "old" Surabaya area, near and around Jagalan area...I think our other BC/BF Surabaya local member, fabcargo (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/member.php?u=2102[/url) and/or agNEZone (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/member.php?u=20894[/url) can give more informations..;):cool:

yup, maybe the local member can give an exact location especially beautiful agNEZone .....
c'mon local member ........ show your hands.

aku yo Arek Surabaya, alumni ITS cuk (cekatan, ulet, kreatif), ........

ctjcad
11-03-2006, 10:18 PM
hi... this is from astec-Jakarta, yes you got the information right...maybe about the first quarter of 2007, you can buy Astec badminton racket in Canada...if u got any question don't be hesitate to email me, i"ll try to answer it...
Next Month we're gonna launch new type of rackets, NANO LIGHT 100, NANO LIGHT 200, and NANO LIGHT 300...
...hmm, who could this be??..Are you Alan?? or Susy?? or a relative of either one??...I know your age is not '6'..hehehe....
Well, hopefully i can get a hold of one of those new models next yr(when i plan to go back again)...BTW, any pictures of those new rackets, to share with us all??thx..hehe:rolleyes: ;) :) :D :cool:

ASTEC
11-05-2006, 08:49 PM
this is the picture of nanolight series...hope u can enjoy it for now, and grab it when it's already in the market soon..thank you:cool:

ctjcad
11-06-2006, 12:09 AM
this is the picture of nanolight series...hope u can enjoy it for now, and grab it when it's already in the market soon..thank you:cool:
..ASTEC, thanks for the pics...now, mind telling us the price(Rupiahs) for each model??..and mind telling us some more infos/specs for each model(weight, grip size, what material etc.)??..;) :cool:

DinkAlot
11-06-2006, 01:37 AM
I prefer the Pro 850. :)

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1762/astecpro850ob5.jpg

blinan8088
11-06-2006, 02:39 AM
Yes, AS Pro series are very good. I tried Astec high end series Storm. I don't like it, it is way too flexible in my opinion. It has many modern and sophisticated tech: taper and slim shaft, wave technology, chrome color. Beside that, it costs rather expensive, as expensive as Yonex high-end rackets. It just does not suit me, but the chrome color is really cool.

kenshin_kendoka
11-06-2006, 08:58 AM
If you are selling from canada, from where are you selling from? Toronto? Vancouver, etc? Will you be willing to ship to US? I live in midwest area.
Also, if you have a website, please post the link!!

Note: aku juga arek surabaya ;). Alumni Frateran.

ASTEC
11-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Hi there...
I'm gonna comment a little about what blinan 8808 said about storm earlier...yes it's true that every badminton players have their own character in playing badminton, and it affects the racket character they're choosing as well...the storm racket by astec just weight 80 grams, that's why with the racket so light we used the synthium carbon, the best, that's light but strong...and it have the latest technology from us like the tapper shaft, wave power frame, that's why it's a little expensive but worth the money.

And about nanolight series, basically it's the same with the nanotec series, with the regular comfort flex (RCF), 3U/G5 (85-87g) with nano graphite for the material. Nano carbon more strong and durable than other material and can stringing up to 28 lbs...

I'm glad that ASTEC is already in US, next year we're gonna penetrate through Canada, but we haven't know which city yet...

And for all of you that's gonna come home this holiday to Indonesia, just send me your address, and we'll sent you our catalogue, thank you all

blinan8088
11-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Hi ASTEC,

I apologize if I sound like that I gave a bad comment to Storm product in my previous post. I did try to show that storm series have the newest technology as you mentioned before mentioning about the price. I just tried to give a fair opinion, but if it sounds like I badmouthed your product, I sincerely apologize. :)

Good luck for the current and next Astec product line. :)

-Silver-
11-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Hi, ASTEC. Will the Astec avaliable in singapore in few years time? Im interested in the Astec racket as well. :D

maa2003
11-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Hi, ASTEC. Will the Astec avaliable in singapore in few years time? Im interested in the Astec racket as well. :D

yeah ASTEC, gimana nich masak yang dekat2 belum bisa dapat ? sementara yang jauhan malah udah bisa beli ?

yeah ASTEC, how come the nearest neighbour can not get it this brand while other country can buy already ?
I've seen some guys from Indonesia which bring ASTEC racket here ........

wizzy
11-07-2006, 03:47 AM
wow.. quite few arek suroboyo here.. :)

Yeah... ASTEC, do you have a plan as well to sell your products to Australia ?

Thank.
wizzy

ChampionKing
01-02-2007, 03:18 AM
It seems you can request a catalog from www.m-geometric.com (http://www.m-geometric.com). guys can check it out. and as I know, they are the sole agent in North America..
If someone get the catalog, please post it..^^

By You
01-02-2007, 03:46 AM

Thank.
wizzy

Yup...it's amaze me there are quite few arek suroboyo here... ;)
Already move to Surabaya a year ago for work, so sometimes still lost in Surabaya .... :crying: But, at least I still play once a week in Dasa Digdaya badminton hall here.

Hi Astec,
I wonder who you are. Have you been attending in Jember local game that held by Smash Badminton Store around August 2005?

serasalmus
01-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi guys! I'm using astec magic power 2 and titanium 18, are they old models? I like using them very much because the feel is very much like a yonex.are there new models? If so, what are the names and where in jakarta can I buy? Is it possible to buy in the court of Alan & Susi?

Smichz
01-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Ada websitenya?gw mo liat2 modelnya ne..

ctjcad
01-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Ada websitenya?gw mo liat2 modelnya ne..
..i doubt they do, but the above post #42 mentioned another website/company(in the U.S.) which carries the ASTEC brand(although upon looking thru their website & racquets inventory, i don't think they carry the latest & greatest model(s) as mentioned by BC member ASTEC above)...However, i've already a contacted a buddy of mine in Jakarta and have asked him to find out some infos on this brand..;) :cool:

Sealman
01-09-2007, 08:10 PM
where in jakarta can I buy? Is it possible to buy in the court of Alan & Susi?

check out their shop Susy Sports. The address/directions can be found in this thread:

Smichz
01-09-2007, 10:35 PM
The thing is that i'm in china now sealman..but i'll make sure that i'll go to their store when i go back.Thx ctjcad for the info..hope u're willing to share the infos with us.And for the astec,could u send me the catalogue?Send it to my jkt's address..i'll pm u for that..thx alot..

serasalmus
01-11-2007, 04:56 AM
check out their shop Susy Sports. The address/directions can be found in this thread:

Hey thanks a lot sealman!!!

Timbuctoo
01-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Dinkalot gives an Astec racket a good review in the racket spec thingy he's working on. I'd like to check out Susy Sports in Jakarta this year so that we can have some variety in racket choice here in Oz. The rackets seem well made and I haven't heard any complaints which is great.

serasalmus
01-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Hi there...
I'm gonna comment a little about what blinan 8808 said about storm earlier...yes it's true that every badminton players have their own character in playing badminton, and it affects the racket character they're choosing as well...the storm racket by astec just weight 80 grams, that's why with the racket so light we used the synthium carbon, the best, that's light but strong...and it have the latest technology from us like the tapper shaft, wave power frame, that's why it's a little expensive but worth the money.

And about nanolight series, basically it's the same with the nanotec series, with the regular comfort flex (RCF), 3U/G5 (85-87g) with nano graphite for the material. Nano carbon more strong and durable than other material and can stringing up to 28 lbs...

I'm glad that ASTEC is already in US, next year we're gonna penetrate through Canada, but we haven't know which city yet...

And for all of you that's gonna come home this holiday to Indonesia, just send me your address, and we'll sent you our catalogue, thank you all

Hi! Astec can you send my wife brochures at this address: Blok B4/12 Bona Indah Garden, Lebak Bulus, Jakarta Selatan. Tel. 750 3145.

Is it possible to ask for 3 brochures?and possibly your contact number?

-Silver-
01-26-2007, 08:57 PM
from wat i been told from sintec boss. If u wan Astec racket in singapore, u have to approach local coach name of Vicky. But the sintec boss nv give me his / her number or location to look for him / her. :(

But this means that singapore has Astec racket!!! :D

Sealman
01-27-2007, 02:38 AM
from wat i been told from sintec boss. If u wan Astec racket in singapore, u have to approach local coach name of Vicky. But the sintec boss nv give me his / her number or location to look for him / her. :(

But this means that singapore has Astec racket!!! :D

The name of the coach is Dicky. Believe he's related to Susy Sports. :)

-Silver-
01-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Oh, so it's Dicky. Where is he located?

ctjcad
02-01-2007, 03:38 AM
..ok guys, for those of you who've asked/requested for a catalog or brochure, well, i've finally received their catalog. I've scanned some of the pages from the catalog, skipping some kids & apparel items, and posted the scans here for you all to enjoy. From what i've seen, they do have a decent amt of racket selections.
Veering a bit off topic, I've also scanned some of their other products, such as shoes, bags, tees/shorts, strings, grips, wristbands & shuttlecocks. The last scan is taken from a separate brochure, which shows some of the shoes' prices (for conversion reference, Rp.10,000 = $1.00, roughly)...
So, enjoy them and hope these will be of some help to y'all (hope you guys won't mind the quality of the scans & maybe i might seem like their promoter)..;):) :cool:
*Couple more notes, for those wondering whether they have a website, apparently they don't have one. Also the person who works at the store is Alan's sister/Susy's sister-in-law..And if any of you guys want a larger and clearer picture of the scans, let me know and i'll send them to you..;):cool:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cover.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-23.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-45.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-67.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-89.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-1011.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-1415.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-16.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-1819.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/ShoeCat-Cover.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/ShoeCat-23.jpg

ctjcad
02-01-2007, 03:55 AM
...and can also be seen online from the previous page: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33261&page=3 (post #42):cool:

maa2003
02-01-2007, 10:00 AM
thanks and for catalog .......... may get some Astec product this CNY/Imlek .........

..ok guys, for those of you who've asked/requested for a catalog or brochure, well, i've finally received their catalog. I've scanned some of the pages from the catalog, skipping some kids & apparel items, and posted the scans here for you all to enjoy. From what i've seen, they do have a decent amt of racket selections.
Veering a bit off topic, I've also scanned some of their other products, such as shoes, bags, tees/shorts, strings, grips, wristbands & shuttlecocks. The last scan is taken from a separate brochure, which shows some of the shoes' prices (for conversion reference, Rp.10,000 = $1.00, roughly)...
So, enjoy them and hope these will be of some help to y'all (hope you guys won't mind the quality of the scans & maybe i might seem like their promoter)..;):) :cool:
*Couple more notes, for those wondering whether they have a website, apparently they don't have one. Also the person who works at the store is Alan's sister/Susy's sister-in-law..And if any of you guys want a larger and clearer picture of the scans, let me know and i'll send them to you..;):cool:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cover.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-23.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-45.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-67.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-89.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-1011.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-1415.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-16.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/Cat-1819.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/ShoeCat-Cover.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/ctjcad/ShoeCat-23.jpg

ChampionKing
03-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Well, ctjcad, I think you should watch the website, they do really the sole
agent in NA, and they do really carry the ASTEC newest products.
As I know, the website owner is a very close friend to Alan and Susy.
By the way, he also put on the catalog on his website for quite long time
before than you. (but he remove the link now)I believe it not a good idea
to sell ASTEC in NA without notice him.

..i doubt they do, but the above post #42 mentioned another website/company(in the U.S.) which carries the ASTEC brand(although upon looking thru their website & racquets inventory, i don't think they carry the latest & greatest model(s) as mentioned by BC member ASTEC above)...However, i've already a contacted a buddy of mine in Jakarta and have asked him to find out some infos on this brand..;) :cool:

ctjcad
03-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, ctjcad, I think you should watch the website, they do really the sole
agent in NA, and they do really carry the ASTEC newest products.
As I know, the website owner is a very close friend to Alan and Susy.
By the way, he also put on the catalog on his website for quite long time
before than you. (but he remove the link now)I believe it not a good idea
to sell ASTEC in NA without notice him.
..ChampionKing, and yes, i've visited m-geometric's website before..thanks for notifying us all abt the website and ASTEC's sole agent(m-geometric)..
And no, don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to sell ASTEC products here, just posting the catalog's content(which apparently is the same one that is on the m-geometric website), as you and a few others have requested it..Perhaps in the future, others can just go to m-geometric's website to see/find/buy the catalog/products themselves..;) :cool:

bayu_ir
03-16-2007, 11:30 AM

Thank.
wizzy

Arek Malang sing nang Bali here . . .:D
What's Astec is for Yonex MP99?
Suwun (means thank you)

JaCkô
03-16-2007, 01:31 PM
is it available in Malaysia?

HappyTA5
03-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi there,

ASTEC racket is available in Canada now. Send me PM if interest...
Limited model right now Storm Pro, Pro 850 and Lipstick .. Sure ..More is coming ......

serasalmus
03-30-2007, 06:11 AM

hi astec! doyou have a picture of the wave power series and the high end ones like the lipstick, MCF 880 of mega flex power. i'd apreciate it a lot.

Thanks!!!

Smichz
03-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Great catalogue..too bad it's not mentioning any prices of it.Hehe..i really wanna know their prices.Heard that they're coorporating with a taiwan company.Then,how's the quality of it?

Btw,thx for d person who posted the catalogue though..

HappyTA5
03-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Great catalogue..too bad it's not mentioning any prices of it.Hehe..i really wanna know their prices.Heard that they're coorporating with a taiwan company.Then,how's the quality of it?

Btw,thx for d person who posted the catalogue though..

Quality of workmanship is very nice. I use PRO850 and STORM PRO now. The feel is really good for me. STORM PRO is so light, very suitable for doubles. Tapered shaft is really helpful in transfering energy to the head. Really impressed....

Dreamzz
03-30-2007, 11:53 AM
somehow a name like Lipstick 9.0 Pro doesn't strike me as being too appropriate for a badminton racquet.
hahaha .... maybe one for the ladies ... ;)

HappyTA5
03-30-2007, 12:38 PM
somehow a name like Lipstick 9.0 Pro doesn't strike me as being too appropriate for a badminton racquet.
hahaha .... maybe one for the ladies ... ;)

ha ... that one is suppose for lady. Same material as Storm PRO.. Synthium Carbon. I use it for a game just want to know the different. People just look at me running around with a PINK stick...
PRETTY eye catching...... YES..I'm a male.

HappyTA5
03-30-2007, 02:12 PM
These are photo of Lipstick 9.0

JaCkô
03-31-2007, 03:41 AM
nice pink rackets from Astec! well-done..

serasalmus
04-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Quality of workmanship is very nice. I use PRO850 and STORM PRO now. The feel is really good for me. STORM PRO is so light, very suitable for doubles. Tapered shaft is really helpful in transfering energy to the head. Really impressed....

Its indicated the catalog that PRO850 is heavier,how heavy is it really compared to the lipstick? I'm opting to buy that model but still have my doubts if it's too heavy, it is comparable to an mp100 2U? or still a 3U?

JaCkô
04-02-2007, 08:20 AM
I hope it is a 2U racket

HappyTA5
04-02-2007, 08:55 AM
I hope it is a 2U racket

It's a 3U... 87-89G... solid racket ...

serasalmus
04-06-2007, 01:45 AM
to what model of yonex would you cmpare PRO850 to?

Penguin
04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi there,

ASTEC racket is available in Canada now. Send me PM if interest...
Limited model right now Storm Pro, Pro 850 and Lipstick .. Sure ..More is coming ......

PM'ed..............................

SaintDragon
04-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Anyone know where I can order these in the US. The m-geometric site seems to only be taking orders of at least $200, and I don't want to spend that much.

HappyTA5
04-09-2007, 09:39 PM
to what model of yonex would you cmpare PRO850 to?

Humm .. I will say.. it is between MP99 and MP88...
MP99 is a stiff... ..
MP88 is flexible. ..

Pro850 is medium stiff... When you hold it, you can feel the head location. Perfect for smashing....

HappyTA5
04-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Anyone know where I can order these in the US. The m-geometric site seems to only be taking orders of at least $200, and I don't want to spend that much.

I have put some rackets on ebay....

http://stores.ebay.com/Racket4You

serasalmus
04-10-2007, 04:08 AM
Humm .. I will say.. it is between MP99 and MP88...
MP99 is a stiff... ..
MP88 is flexible. ..

Pro850 is medium stiff... When you hold it, you can feel the head location. Perfect for smashing....

wow that's a very good description! tnx!

Leemer
04-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Can someone Please tell me Astecs Stiffness Progression. Like in what order from Most flexible to Most Stiff does astec follow. (Eg. SCF,MCF,RCF,PCF)?? Also does anyone know the balance point of the NanoLight series? I'm about to purchase either the Nanolight of the pro 850 and i wish to know these information

HappyTA5
04-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Can someone Please tell me Astecs Stiffness Progression. Like in what order from Most flexible to Most Stiff does astec follow. (Eg. SCF,MCF,RCF,PCF)?? Also does anyone know the balance point of the NanoLight series? I'm about to purchase either the Nanolight of the pro 850 and i wish to know these information

I'm using PRO850 as my primary weapon... Here what I found out.. .

PCF--->SCF--->MCF--->RCF
Stiff----------------------------->Flex

where are u in Canada. I have Pro850 and Storm in Toronto. If you need to demo them.... Let me know...

Enjoy

Leemer
04-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm in Windsor. Out of all the clubs i play for no one has a ASTEC racket so i'm thinkin about giving it a try.

HappyTA5
04-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm in Windsor. Out of all the clubs i play for no one has a ASTEC racket so i'm thinkin about giving it a try.

They are nice rackets. Most popular is Storm Pro. I'm selling them good in Toronto. PRO850 is more like offensive racket. Stiff shaft, 3U HM graphite, with BG80 or BG85 .. it is the perfect weapon for me. It is not as stiff as MP99 or nanospeed 8K. That's how I like it. Will have Nanolite and Nanotec comming next week or so. Price for the PRO850 strung with BG80/85 is CAD$90.00 including shipping..and tax.

Leemer
04-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I have Read Many reviews about ASTEC. My preference for rackets are stiff shaft. I was hoping the NanoLight series would have stiff shafts but u say RCF is the most flexible of all? Could you please let me know which racket of ASTEC has the most stiff shaft? Any hopes the NanoTec shafts are stiff? because i'm use to a Nanospeed 8k and RSL 6900 both stiff.

HappyTA5
04-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I have Read Many reviews about ASTEC. My preference for rackets are stiff shaft. I was hoping the NanoLight series would have stiff shafts but u say RCF is the most flexible of all? Could you please let me know which racket of ASTEC has the most stiff shaft? Any hopes the NanoTec shafts are stiff? because i'm use to a Nanospeed 8k and RSL 6900 both stiff.

Closest one is PRO850 in terms of Stiffness. I play with 6900 before .. it is a tapered shaft very similar to Storm Pro. But I think NS8K is stiffer than 6900. RCF is regular control flex that is very similar to medium. If you like the 6900, then PRO850 won't let you down.. .

HappyTA5
05-09-2007, 10:51 PM
My newly strung PRO850 at 27/29lbs with BG80 and Storm PRO at 26/28lbs with BG80

Smichz
05-10-2007, 01:24 AM
nice to hear that ASTEC has penetrated canada market..How does it feel to play with it?

HappyTA5
05-11-2007, 12:34 AM
nice to hear that ASTEC has penetrated canada market..How does it feel to play with it?

Solid, Responsive...... perfect weapon for me... save alot money
hahahaha:D

2007fp
05-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Solid, Responsive...... perfect weapon for me... save alot money
hahahaha:D

yep agree, got a Pro 850:D but should have strung at a higher tension.

HappyTA5
05-14-2007, 09:21 AM
yep agree, got a Pro 850:D but should have strung at a higher tension.

Ha .. I have strung 3 PRO850s at 24/26, 26/28 and 28/30 with BG80. I switch them depends on my physical fitness..... I will go lower tension when I feel tired. ...

maa2003
05-18-2007, 07:27 PM
nice racket .......

My newly strung PRO850 at 27/29lbs with BG80 and Storm PRO at 26/28lbs with BG80

maa2003
05-18-2007, 07:31 PM
anybody in Singapore would like to purchase ASTEC racket ?

one of website : http://www.m-geometric.com/ has special price for ASTEC.

Sealman
05-23-2007, 03:56 AM
HappyTA5, do you know what's the difference between the Pro850 and Pro800? Thanks!

maa2003
05-23-2007, 04:56 AM
HappyTA5, do you know what's the difference between the Pro850 and Pro800? Thanks!

You can see at the previous pages .... it has catalogue

Going to buy Pro850 one ..........

Sealman
05-23-2007, 05:18 AM
You can see at the previous pages .... it has catalogue

Yes, I looked through the catalogue prior to posting, and the difference is not stated in the catalogue.

HappyTA5
05-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Sorry guys,

I have not got a hand on Pro800. I would guess PRO850 is the new model with different color scheme. I will check with it later ..

ASTEC
05-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Helo everybody...yes you are right, Pro 800 and 850 is just the same racket with different paint colour, and now we just launch the new paint colour again the pro 900, we don't have the pic yet, but i will show u guys soon...

maa2003
05-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Helo everybody...yes you are right, Pro 800 and 850 is just the same racket with different paint colour, and now we just launch the new paint colour again the pro 900, we don't have the pic yet, but i will show u guys soon...

OK, thanks for the info ........ we wait for the pictures.
Any price level for Pro900 ?

HappyTA5
05-25-2007, 09:36 AM
These are the shinny attractive Nanolite 200 & 300 rackets.
Very interesting design. Impressive !!

ctjcad
05-25-2007, 01:35 PM
These are the shinny attractive Nanolite 200 & 300 rackets.
Very interesting design. Impressive !!
..looks cool..nice color and shiny..;):cool:

HappyTA5
05-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Another good pair of Nanotec series ...

Garuda
05-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Another good pair of Nanotec series ...

Hi HappyTA5.,

I have been reading alot about ASTEC rackets and they seem interesting and make me want to give a shot. Since you have been using the rakets, perhaps you could let me know what kind of racket that it would mostly fit me?

I am a defensive player (hardly smash when I play); have been using nanospeed 8000, 7700 and 9000 type S - they are: 3U - 5UG. I like both Nanospeed 8000 and 7700 (but not 9000 S, somehow my defense is not as good as when I am using NS8000 and 7700). My NS8000 broke a month ago, so, I am only using NS7700 (hardly using NS9000S).

So, based on these criteria and the way I play (defensive), what kind of ASTEC racket do you think it would fit me the best??? How could I purchase one? from you? I live in San Francisco. If you could let me know the answer to these questions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!!

PS. Nanolite's appearance seems really cool to me.... - I like the fact that they make the racket shinny..... :)

HappyTA5
05-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi HappyTA5.,

I have been reading alot about ASTEC rackets and they seem interesting and make me want to give a shot. Since you have been using the rakets, perhaps you could let me know what kind of racket that it would mostly fit me?

I am a defensive player (hardly smash when I play); have been using nanospeed 8000, 7700 and 9000 type S - they are: 3U - 5UG. I like both Nanospeed 8000 and 7700 (but not 9000 S, somehow my defense is not as good as when I am using NS8000 and 7700). My NS8000 broke a month ago, so, I am only using NS7700 (hardly using NS9000S).

So, based on these criteria and the way I play (defensive), what kind of ASTEC racket do you think it would fit me the best??? How could I purchase one? from you? I live in San Francisco. If you could let me know the answer to these questions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!!

PS. Nanolite's appearance seems really cool to me.... - I like the fact that they make the racket shinny..... :)

Base on your description, Storm PRO is best fit to you.

It is a 5U(80-82gm) racket. Very light and fast. Excellent for defense.
Shaft is not as stiff as NS8000 or NS9000. You can get more power from the racket. String tension can go up to 28lbs. But I will recomend 22/24lb with BG85 to you. BG85 is a thiner string ... very responsive. Excellent power. Only draw back is it is not durable as BG80. But since you are not a hard hitter, so that should be fine for you. I will PM you the price including shipping. .. .

Enjoy

2007fp
05-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Mini review on the Pro 850(With BG80 at 27Lbs), with two overgrip, feels like a 2U MP99(With BG80 at 27Lbs)
Balance point from buttcap 280mm
Power is great, but not as powerful as a MP99
Shaft I find it as stiff as MP99
Great paint jobs, few clashes, no damage yet. Solid racquet. Really Great racquet for the price. I would get more Astec racquet in the near future.

Storm Pro look really nice with the chrome paint. And HappyTA5 is a really nice person, have a nice chat with him last time.

2007fp
05-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Just to add, I find it a great singles racquet, for doubles I you might want to try the Storm Pro(I havnt tried it, hope HappyTA5 will let me demo it sometime) but it is alot lighter than the Pro 850.

2007fp
05-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Corrections: The grossy finish on the racquet frame do come off after clashing, but the paint seem perfectly fine. I will see after more clashes.

ASTEC
05-27-2007, 11:32 PM
dear Garuda, what happyta5 said was correct, the storm pro with the 80 gram weight should give u a great defensive action, but with the tapper kick shaft and the wave power system in the frame, should give u extra energy to do the attack...in Indonesia we're gonna launch the new racket a little heavier than Storm or Maximum..we call it EXCALIBUR, i will upload the photo soon...

2007fp
05-27-2007, 11:59 PM
dear Garuda, what happyta5 said was correct, the storm pro with the 80 gram weight should give u a great defensive action, but with the tapper kick shaft and the wave power system in the frame, should give u extra energy to do the attack...in Indonesia we're gonna launch the new racket a little heavier than Storm or Maximum..we call it EXCALIBUR, i will upload the photo soon...
does the EXCALIBUR comes with a stiffer shaft? as well as the taper shaft system?

maa2003
05-28-2007, 01:11 AM
mana nich gambar2 raket model baru .......... udah gatel nich pengen nyoba

where are the pictures ? ........ can not wait already to try it .....

ASTEC
05-30-2007, 03:58 AM
For the excalibur racket we made with stiff shaft with tapper system, which is the shaft is narrower near the frame like an arrow point, that made the racket a little bit flexible

New pictures coming up soon...=)

sifuyono
05-30-2007, 08:19 PM
For the excalibur racket we made with stiff shaft with tapper system, which is the shaft is narrower near the frame like an arrow point, that made the racket a little bit flexible

can u send me a brochure (product astec catalog) please??:)

maa2003
06-04-2007, 12:26 AM
ASTEC, any info for the price level of Pro900 ?
Also, we still wait for the picture of Pro900.

serasalmus
06-05-2007, 01:28 AM

Hi astec! im going to buy(actually my wife is going to buy for me) nanolight but since you mentioned excalibur, i would like to request for the pics and price range and specs because she'll be leaving jakarta on the 11th.

Sealman
06-05-2007, 04:18 AM
FYI my Indonesian colleage was quoted Rp560,000 for the Pro850 by Susy Sports at Kelapa Gading, Jakarta. (As you may be aware Susy Sports is owned by Susi Susanti and Alan Budikusuma who produced the Astec rackets.)

maa2003
06-05-2007, 04:35 AM
the price is :eek:
Hope the price will not be increased next month when I plan to return home and buy Astec Pro 850/900 as well as the shoes .......

FYI my Indonesian colleage was quoted Rp560,000 for the Pro850 by Susy Sports at Kelapa Gading, Jakarta. (As you may be aware Susy Sports is owned by Susi Susanti and Alan Budikusuma who produced the Astec rackets.)

ASTEC
06-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi guys...well actually the price of Pro 850 is only Rp.405.000,- maybe in Susy sport include with the string and grip, we relly don't know because it's Susy's big brother that run the store...the price won't be much different then

ASTEC
06-05-2007, 09:46 PM
here's the picture of excalibur, with the wave power system, tapper kick shaft, much likely almost the same with Storm but we put a little bit heavy in Excalibur so you can maximize ur attack...enjoy

maa2003
06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
I get similar offer as well .....

Hi guys...well actually the price of Pro 850 is only Rp.405.000,- maybe in Susy sport include with the string and grip, we relly don't know because it's Susy's big brother that run the store...the price won't be much different then

maa2003
06-05-2007, 09:55 PM
where is the picture of Pro900 ?

here's the picture of excalibur, with the wave power system, tapper kick shaft, much likely almost the same with Storm but we put a little bit heavy in Excalibur so you can maximize ur attack...enjoy

ASTEC
06-05-2007, 10:00 PM
And here's the Pro 900, same spec with 800 n 850, but with new looks

ASTEC
06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
New Trium 35 and 36...the 35 is more lighter in the frame for u who prefers technic playing, netting and good defense...36 is wide in the frame body, so it's heavy in the head, for u guys who love power smashing n attack...

2007fp
06-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Pro 900 look nice, and also the Excalibur... but do they come with bigger grips?

serasalmus
06-06-2007, 12:56 AM
New Trium 35 and 36...the 35 is more lighter in the frame for u who prefers technic playing, netting and good defense...36 is wide in the frame body, so it's heavy in the head, for u guys who love power smashing n attack...

can i ask for the price for the trium models and the excalibur? when you said wide body, do you mean the built of the frame is wide or the frame is oversized like Hart? what the recommended tension for all of them and their weight?

ASTEC
06-08-2007, 02:51 AM
For Mr.Serasalmus, the frame of trium's is normal, but the new trium 36 , if u look it from the side, it's about 2mm wider than trium 35, but it's not a bigger head like hart, the price in Jakarta for Trium 35 is Rp.340.000,- and Trium 36 is Rp. 360.000,-

serasalmus
06-08-2007, 03:10 AM
For Mr.Serasalmus, the frame of trium's is normal, but the new trium 36 , if u look it from the side, it's about 2mm wider than trium 35, but it's not a bigger head like hart, the price in Jakarta for Trium 35 is Rp.340.000,- and Trium 36 is Rp. 360.000,-

ah ok!! thnx 4 that explanation. how about the weight?stiff shaft?

blinan8088
06-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Dear ASTEC,

What about the Excalibur, how much does it cost?

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. :)

isben
06-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Any idea if its on sale in Singapore?

Sealman
06-10-2007, 10:07 PM

I PMed ASTEC and was informed that he is the distributor and does not deal directly with customers.

maa2003
06-11-2007, 03:52 AM
Any idea if its on sale in Singapore?

interest to know as well ........

-Silver-
06-11-2007, 08:13 AM
i heard from sintec boss, that ASTEC racket can be get from a coach in singapore. forgot his name though, vicky or nicky. :confused:

Cannot_smash
06-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Heard that the pro-900 cost around RP 450000, compared to pro 850 which cost RP 405000, and IF the difference is only the paintjob then the difference is probably a bit much for the country's standard ( RP 45000 = 1 set of BG 66 with stringjob)

arcaloveher
06-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Anyone knows where to get Astec racquets in M'sia? More precisely in Selangor, thanks alot!

david07
06-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Just got a Pro 850 through a trade, initial impressions tell me this will be one exciting racket to play with. Hopefully I like it. Will tell you what I think about it in a few days

david07
06-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Played with it for a couple of hours. The racket is quite powerful. Would've been more ideal for me if it was stiffer and a bit head heavy. Defense was a bit lacking, somehow it wasn't quite easy for me to move around with the racket. Overal a very decent racket.

maa2003
07-05-2007, 09:21 AM
thanks for the info ......... too bad no Pro 850 when I visited the shop here in Surabaya ....... so I bought Pro 900 instead.

first impression, I like the color and also very cheap less than SGD 90/racket but no string, only came with bag and t-shirt (but too small for my size).

will try to string at 28lbs and see how ......

Played with it for a couple of hours. The racket is quite powerful. Would've been more ideal for me if it was stiffer and a bit head heavy. Defense was a bit lacking, somehow it wasn't quite easy for me to move around with the racket. Overal a very decent racket.

david07
07-05-2007, 09:23 AM
The Pro 900 is suppose to exactly the same as the Pro 850 and Pro 800, just different colour scheme. What string are you thinking of using? Well after getting it strung, play with it and tel us what you think of it. And mind posting a picture of your Pro 900?

maa2003
07-06-2007, 09:13 AM
will do when return to Singapore ..........

The Pro 900 is suppose to exactly the same as the Pro 850 and Pro 800, just different colour scheme. What string are you thinking of using? Well after getting it strung, play with it and tel us what you think of it. And mind posting a picture of your Pro 900?

maa2003
07-06-2007, 09:23 AM
the shop here gimme the pricelist ....... of course this is not the distro price but retail price.
the most expensive one is "Storm" followed by "Maximum", "Mega Flex 80", "MCF 880", "Lipstic 9.0", All WavePower series (65, 61, 66 and 68), "Pro900".

I PMed ASTEC and was informed that he is the distributor and does not deal directly with customers.

maa2003
07-09-2007, 07:52 AM
my Astec Pro900 with Yonex BG66 (color : Platinum-Gold), 27 lbs.

http://ansarpro.info/pro900_2_25.JPG

david07
07-09-2007, 09:24 AM

http://ansarpro.info/pro900_2_25.JPG
looks basically the same as the Pro 850 except the red and white is at the bottom near the T-joint instead of the middle of the head in the Pro 850

Tsuioku
08-22-2007, 06:20 PM
And if any of you guys want a larger and clearer picture of the scans, let me know and i'll send them to you..;):cool:

Hi, do you happen to still have a Hi-res scan of the catalog? If so, can you please send me a copy. I tried sending you a PM but your inbox is full...

david14700
08-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Is Astec selling anywhere in Europe?

roller
08-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Any particular reason why your stringer skipped one of the rows? for cosmetics purpose?

maa2003
08-24-2007, 08:56 AM
according to the stringer ........ that's their standard in order to make good impact, but to me it is no different .........

on of my friend just stringed his Yonex AT900 Power using this way (skipped 3rd-row from bottom), and he felt very good .......

Any particular reason why your stringer skipped one of the rows? for cosmetics purpose?

vince_kan
09-03-2007, 06:36 AM
according to the stringer ........ that's their standard in order to make good impact, but to me it is no different .........

on of my friend just stringed his Yonex AT900 Power using this way (skipped 3rd-row from bottom), and he felt very good .......

I heard from a stringer that it doesn't really make a difference except that the sound is nicer....not sure how true is that...

rickster8
09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
HI, I would like to know where I can buy Astec rackets in Canada?

HappyTA5
09-06-2007, 12:07 AM
:mad:
HI, I would like to know where I can buy Astec rackets in Canada?

I have several models in stock.. PM me for what you looking for

rickster8
09-11-2007, 10:10 PM
I am interested in the following models, PRO-850, STORM PRO, Wave Power 61, Nanolite 3000. Could please please tell me for what type of player each racket is for, and also the price including shipping in northern ontario.
thanks

Penguin
09-11-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm currently playing with the StormPro. The high flex and head heaviness help a lot in generating more power for those who don't have a strong arm. Clears and smashes are great. Control is average, which I guess is a trade-off for power due to the high flex.

I must admit it took me quite a few games to get used to smashing with this racket - my smashes were stronger but flatter - it's as if the shaft snaps back a few milliseconds later than usual.

rickster8
11-04-2007, 07:57 AM
I would like to know where I can buy Astec rackets in Canada.

HappyTA5
11-05-2007, 11:49 PM
I would like to know where I can buy Astec rackets in Canada.

I have Storm Pro and Wave Power 61 .. in stock now.

Oh.. I'm in Toronto Canada...

Thanks

rickster8
11-06-2007, 04:21 PM
I just bought 2 used Sotx rackets a couple of days ago, but I would still like to know how much you are selling the Astec rackets, in case I don't like my new purchases.

ivans
11-08-2007, 03:12 AM
Hi everyone! any idea where can i get ASTEC racquets in Australia??

michaelavich
11-21-2007, 06:28 PM
has anyone played with one of the taper shaft racquets? How does it feel? powerful? floppy? The inner wave design seems to popular with companies these days. Victor, BK, and others.

Tsuioku
11-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi Astec,
Do you have any stores/resellers in Penang, Malaysia? Have a friend there right now and trying to get him to help me pick up an Excalibur.

Sealman
03-26-2008, 03:30 AM
ASTEC website:
http://www.astecbadminton.com/index.html

HappyTA5
03-26-2008, 09:00 AM
has anyone played with one of the taper shaft racquets? How does it feel? powerful? floppy? The inner wave design seems to popular with companies these days. Victor, BK, and others.

I have use the Storm PRO for almost a year. It is very fast and powerful. Shalf is a bit flex but that is the power come from. I have it strung at 26/28lb.... Love it

Smichz
03-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Last time i checked their website,they dont have too many models.I asked some store in jakarta when i went back last time,n they don't have them.They even said that their rackets r not that good,not too many ppl like em.But looking at how many ppl here like em,i really wanna try one..

sifuyono
03-26-2008, 08:08 PM
many astec model doesnt appear in that website

serasalmus
03-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Last time i checked their website,they dont have too many models.I asked some store in jakarta when i went back last time,n they don't have them.They even said that their rackets r not that good,not too many ppl like em.But looking at how many ppl here like em,i really wanna try one..

Maybe you should try ASTEC's store in the Kelapa Gading area.you'll definitely have a lot to choose from.

ctjcad
03-27-2008, 06:44 PM
ASTEC website:
http://www.astecbadminton.com/index.html
..looks like they finally have a website up:cool:...They should gain more exposure to the rest of the world~hope they'll update it often!..Thanks for the link, Sealman!:cool:

2007fp
04-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Anyone know if Astec have bigger grips now? last racquet I got from the is Probably like G6.

dropshout
05-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Dear all
wah sory sebelumnya, gak bisa bhs inggris nihh. mungkin ada yang tahu spec raket astec komplit seperti berat, balance point, teknologi yg dipake dll.Saya ingin tau detail dari raket pro 850/900 dan excallibur.thanks

dropshout
05-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Dear all
apa raket pro 850/900, wave power and excallibur juga menggunakan teknologi tapper kick system?Bagus mana buat smashing n bertahan antara pro850/900, wave power and excallibur?thanks

ctjcad
05-29-2008, 04:34 PM
..please..thanks-:)
*For those who have no clue what was written, the questions are related to the 850, 900, wave power & excalibur models:
1. Do all 4 also use tapered kickback technology?..
2. From those 4, which one(s) is a/are better defensive/offensive racket(s)??..

HappyTA5
05-29-2008, 04:49 PM
OH.. that's fun.... We have interpreter service .... too

1. Only the STorm Pro and Excalibur have the taper kick system

2. PRO850/900 suppose to be offensive racket. They are 3U, stiff shaft. Storm PRO and Excalibur are 4U rackets. They are fast and very suitable in doubles. I call them defenseive but i smash with them pretty good.

sifuyono
05-29-2008, 08:43 PM
dou you know which astec model has same specification as at-700?
very head heavy and medium stiff shaft spec...
thank you

dropshout
05-30-2008, 12:42 AM
thanks dah artikan my question ctjcad.

dropshout
06-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Dear all
I use Wape Power 60, this is excellent racket for offensive and defensive.Racket Specification are Length : 675mm, balance point : 288mm.
what are the different different of wave power(wp) 60, wp 61, wp 65, wp 66 and wp 68?

sifuyono
06-11-2008, 08:12 PM
just cosmetic difference

B.Y.C
06-11-2008, 09:28 PM
hello everyone i am from philippines can anyone tell me where can i buy astec rackets here? thank you

dropshout
06-12-2008, 12:25 PM
sepi bgt forum astec.
1.tapper kick shaft sistem and wave power telah dipatenkan astec, tp merk lain ada juga yg pake tekno tsb,gmn nih astec???
2.untuk berbagai tipe permainan, ok mana antara pro 850/900 and wave power(saya pake wave power)?
3.astec pro 850/900 balance point cuma 280 mm, tapi wave power 290 mm,jd menurut saya msh ok wave power untuk serangan.
4.untuk pemain yg kurang kuat pergelangan tangan wave power sgt membantu buat bertahan(shaft lentur).bagaimana dgn pro85o/900??
5. jelek bgt web dr astec(http://www.astecbadminton.com/index.html) gak lengkap.
6.kapan nih astec keluarkan raket dgn tekno wave power and tapper kick shaft spt excallibur, tapi dgn harga yg tdk mahal bgt.thanks

sifuyono
06-12-2008, 08:29 PM
@ dropshout
please use english please,
now it's time for you to learn this international languange

mohon pake bahasa inggris...
kalo ga bisa, sudah saatnya anda belajar...

ctjcad
06-12-2008, 08:39 PM
sepi bgt forum astec.
1.tapper kick shaft sistem and wave power telah dipatenkan astec, tp merk lain ada juga yg pake tekno tsb,gmn nih astec???
2.untuk berbagai tipe permainan, ok mana antara pro 850/900 and wave power(saya pake wave power)?
3.astec pro 850/900 balance point cuma 280 mm, tapi wave power 290 mm,jd menurut saya msh ok wave power untuk serangan.
4.untuk pemain yg kurang kuat pergelangan tangan wave power sgt membantu buat bertahan(shaft lentur).bagaimana dgn pro85o/900??
5. jelek bgt web dr astec(http://www.astecbadminton.com/index.html) gak lengkap.
6.kapan nih astec keluarkan raket dgn tekno wave power and tapper kick shaft spt excallibur, tapi dgn harga yg tdk mahal bgt.thanks

@ dropshout
please use english please,
now it's time for you to learn this international languange

mohon pake bahasa inggris...
kalo ga bisa, sudah saatnya anda belajar...
...dropshout knows how to write in English (by his post #168 above)...But now, why did s/he decide to write the queries in Indonesian, again (maybe s/he was expecting someone else to do another translation??:confused:)..Anyway, i'll let dropshout translate his/her own queries here...:cool:

dropshout
06-13-2008, 02:05 AM
sorry my english not good, so I am afraid all of u confuse with my
english.To mr.CTJCAD thanks a lot to help me for your translation.Many
people from indonesia can not understand english, but They really want
to join and understand about astec product more.To mr.sifuno maybe u
can help us(people who want to join and understand about astec product
but no understand english).To ASTEC(not for mr.sifuyono, coz I write in
indonesia language) mana alamat webnya yg bagus dan sediakan forum donk di web anda untuk indonesian and orang luar indonesia, jadi bukan orang dari luar or indonesian yang berpendidikan tinggi aja yang bisa tahu(subsidi buat sekolah di cabut mahal mau sekolah he he he).thanks

dropshout
06-13-2008, 02:09 AM
to:astec pls,answer my question(post #171) with indonesia language.dari indokan astec? thanks

ctjcad
06-13-2008, 02:28 AM
sorry my english not good, so I am afraid all of u confuse with my
english.To mr.CTJCAD thanks a lot to help me for your translation.Many
people from indonesia can not understand english, but They really want
to join and understand about astec product more.To mr.sifuno maybe u
can help us(people who want to join and understand about astec product
but no understand english).To ASTEC(not for mr.sifuyono, coz I write in
indonesia language) mana alamat webnya yg bagus dan sediakan forum donk di web anda untuk indonesian and orang luar indonesia, jadi bukan orang dari luar or indonesian yang berpendidikan tinggi aja yang bisa tahu(subsidi buat sekolah di cabut mahal mau sekolah he he he).thanks
..is understandable enough...So, yes, there's no reason for you not to be able to write in English in this forum~~~thanks (i'm sure the owner and moderators of this forum would love to read them in English, too):cool:

sifuyono
06-13-2008, 04:18 AM
if you mind, my english was so bad either

Hall0
06-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Anyone knows where to buy ASTEC racket in Bandung?

B.Y.C
07-26-2008, 08:13 PM
If may i ask what astec model is the best for attack players?is it excalibur t1?

dropshout
07-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Dear Astec

1. what are specification( weight,lenght, flexibility, balance point)

of micro gell astec racket?
2. could u write specification of your racket product at the shaft (

weight,lenght, flexibility, balance point)?I am sure it is very helpful

to choose of your product detail.
thanks

niteeshs
07-27-2008, 10:18 PM
hello everyone i am from philippines can anyone tell me where can i buy astec rackets here? thank you

You can get Astec rackets in Club 650 (located in Libis) badminton store. They have a big collection.

serasalmus
07-28-2008, 03:13 AM
dou you know which astec model has same specification as at-700?
very head heavy and medium stiff shaft spec...
thank you

I think ASTEC Magic power 6 is the one you're looking for. It is also cheap- around Rp200,000, has a grip size of G4, recommended tension of 28lbs. and very durable. This model is more head heavy than the PRO850. You should try it!

B.Y.C
07-28-2008, 08:17 AM
You can get Astec rackets in Club 650 (located in Libis) badminton store. They have a big collection.

thanks for the reply.could i get almost all astec rackets there? even if i am not a member of the club?

Sealman
07-28-2008, 12:38 PM
to those players with pro850/900 strung at high tension, do you feel any vibration at all?

niteeshs
07-28-2008, 09:49 PM
thanks for the reply.could i get almost all astec rackets there? even if i am not a member of the club?

You can get in and buy. The club would not stop you from getting in just to buy. There are a lot of walk in visitors watching basketball or futsol games. I saw a wide range of Astec rackets there. In case you can not find the model that you are looking for there, you can always ask them to get it for you. From what I understand, they are dircet distributor of Astec products here including shoes.

sifuyono
07-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I think ASTEC Magic power 6 is the one you're looking for. It is also cheap- around Rp200,000, has a grip size of G4, recommended tension of 28lbs. and very durable. This model is more head heavy than the PRO850. You should try it!
THANKS FOR THE INFO
I ALREADY GET THE SAME RECComendation from shop owner, but it's not as heavy as at-700, magic power has BP just around 29cm, yet at-700 31-32cm:)

maa2003
08-04-2008, 10:19 AM
to those players with pro850/900 strung at high tension, do you feel any vibration at all?

Bruce, any reason behind this question ?

modious
08-04-2008, 10:50 AM

I have tried Emanto's and Firmanto's AS Pro 850. Didn't feel any vibrations @ 26lbs.

How high do you actually mean? 30lbs?

alternat0
08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
i own an ASTEC 23 now. but it doesn't really suit me. i made a bad purchase. its to light for me, and its balaced (i like head heavy).
i need suggestions...

so... wat wil be an ASTEC version of at900p/at800of? or... a fast manuver, heavy head, attacking racket, w/ solid feel.

i play doubles, tend to be defensive, but use a racket that can help to deliver the KO.

(posted this on another racket brand also, i'm collecting info. if any recommendation, please PM, especially ones that are available in indonesia)

Sealman
08-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Bruce, any reason behind this question ?

I have tried Emanto's and Firmanto's AS Pro 850. Didn't feel any vibrations @ 26lbs.

How high do you actually mean? 30lbs?

imho the shaft of pro850 is not as stiff compared to eg. yonex mp99. i could feel the vibrations on my pro850 (electronically strung at 28lbs 4 knots if i recall correctly). was advised to have it strung lower. had the same situation with a gosen aermet 7900.

japankaizen
08-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi, guys..
Any info about stores located in Jakarta that sell Astec other than one in Kelapa Gading?
I had Astec two years back and it really suits me. I forgot the type of the racket though. I got it from small sport shop near my house in Cijantung. Unfortunately, that shop doesn't sell Astec anymore.

Compare to my Carbonex 25SP :o , I like my Astec more. Next month I'm gonna back home and really want to buy Astec.

Please info anyone?

serasalmus
08-16-2008, 03:00 AM
Hi, guys..
Any info about stores located in Jakarta that sell Astec other than one in Kelapa Gading?
I had Astec two years back and it really suits me. I forgot the type of the racket though. I got it from small sport shop near my house in Cijantung. Unfortunately, that shop doesn't sell Astec anymore.

Compare to my Carbonex 25SP :o , I like my Astec more. Next month I'm gonna back home and really want to buy Astec.

Please info anyone?

you might wanna try kurnia or samudra at pasar pagi lama.

japankaizen
08-16-2008, 07:13 AM
you might wanna try kurnia or samudra at pasar pagi lama.

Thank you serasalmus.. I'll go there.

I'm defensive player, well I play for fun only, not for competition. Any recommendation for me, especially for the new Astec?

japankaizen
08-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Thank you serasalmus.. I'll go there.

I'm defensive player, well I play for fun only, not for competition. Any recommendation for me, especially for the new Astec?

Edit

Well, I think Excalibur, Trium 35 and 36 are best options for me. Hopefully the store still have them when I get there.

serasalmus
08-17-2008, 05:05 AM
Edit

Well, I think Excalibur, Trium 35 and 36 are best options for me. Hopefully the store still have them when I get there.

If you're able to secure a trium 36 please send me a picture, i'm kind of interested in that model because it is head heavy.

thanks!!

-Berg
08-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Okay, I just decided to put my old Carbonex 8 DX to be my secondary racket

Since I need a new primary one, I decided to bought an ASTEC Pro-850

Strung it at pretty high tension, 26 lbs. Although the recommended is 28.. :o

I'll try to find out the answer of vibration problem in this case with 26 lbs.
I cant wait to try it but I'll have to wait for 2 days to go to the court :(

Hall0
08-23-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm using Astec Pro-850 now; really like the racket. Previously I was using MP-66. I haven't strung it at 26lbs; but so far haven't felt any vibrations.

-Berg
08-23-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm using Astec Pro-850 now; really like the racket. Previously I was using MP-66. I haven't strung it at 26lbs; but so far haven't felt any vibrations.

What much tension do you strung your Pro-850?
I just test it. No vibration. With 26 lbs BG-80 its repulsive..

Power: 9 - Smashing and backhand clearing were perfect. Absolutely no problem
Control: 8 - Being a solid 3U racket, i can place the shuttle quite good
Sound: 9 - LoL its like a metal thing. Lob and smash sounds terrifying

So far with those string setting.. Beside power and control, there is durability. But i cant tell it cuz its my new racket. But I think its durable..

Reccomended :)

Hall0
08-24-2008, 12:50 AM
What much tension do you strung your Pro-850?
I just test it. No vibration. With 26 lbs BG-80 its repulsive..

Reccomended :)

I think it's 25lbs. I got someone bought it for me in Indonesia.

B.Y.C
08-27-2008, 12:33 AM
I just bought a Micro gel AS 99 in club 650. do anyone here have any reviews of this racket?They said its is one of their high end rackets bought it for PHP 5,500.and they also said that their top of the line model is the excalibur is that true?

-Berg
08-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Havent heard of that racket. Maybe others member know that model ?
But about Excalibur is ASTEC's top line is true. No doubt.

Before Excalibur there's Storm and Maximum. But after some times, maybe Storm and Maximus was too light weight, they decided to create a new, slightly heavier one, and that is Excalibur :cool: with Taper Shaft System..

serasalmus
08-27-2008, 10:35 PM
I just bought a Micro gel AS 99 in club 650. do anyone here have any reviews of this racket?They said its is one of their high end rackets bought it for PHP 5,500.and they also said that their top of the line model is the excalibur is that true?

It's probably a par with the Lipstick9.0, how is the racket? I mean , is it head heavy, total weight, shaft stiffness, better yet, can you show us a picture?

B.Y.C
08-28-2008, 12:33 AM
It's probably a par with the Lipstick9.0, how is the racket? I mean , is it head heavy, total weight, shaft stiffness, better yet, can you show us a picture?

They said it was useed by Alan Budikusuma himself.the racket has a oversize frame and it's weight is 82 grams it is also quite stiff.This racket also have taper shaft system,inside wave.Unfortunately i haven't strung it yet, I just borrowed one from my friends:D

I will try to show some pic later cause my digicam is broken:p

btw is BG 80 a good string is it durable? thanks

Tsumaranai
08-28-2008, 01:50 AM
Yes, indeed BG-80 is durable, and "Lipstick9.0"? o.0

B.Y.C
08-28-2008, 03:34 AM
Yes, indeed BG-80 is durable, and "Lipstick9.0"? o.0

thanks for the reply:) is it good overall? i mean it's power,grip,tension holding,etc? because the micro gel 99 is very hard to restring because of its different string pattern.No one restrings this kind of racket in QC.:eek: I tried maybe 5 different sportshop like tobys,chris sports etc. so the only place that restring this kind of racket is at club 650 and that place is so far form my home:crying:

serasalmus
08-31-2008, 02:30 AM

Hi ASTEC!!!
I want to ask for the specs of the Micro Gel rackets especially the overall weight and the balance point and of course pictures and the price. would also apreciate it if you could if you could send me a 2008 brochure if you have one already, Kirim ke alamata ini = Blok B4/12 Bona Indah Garden, Lebak Bulus, Jakarta Selatan. Tel. 750 3145.

B.Y.C
09-01-2008, 03:29 AM
This is the pic

Timbuctoo
09-10-2008, 11:17 AM
I went to Susy Sports & Music in Kalapa Gading on the way to the Badminton Hall to buy some gear. I looks at all the rackets (so many to chose) and ended up with the ASTEC Pro 900. Strings are Yonex BG66 @ 26lbs. I like the racket so much that I'll be getting a second one exactly the same as a backup. It is stiff, hits hard and I'm not a hard hitter, moderately head heavy but still has decent defence. It cost 450,000rp with strings because I git some socks and a pair of shoes as well. If I was to compare it to something Yonex make them it would be the AT700. I guess if you want a Yonex you'll have to be prepared to pay 3 times as much and I can't really see any great advantage.

Tim H

-Berg
09-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi BYC. How much it cost to buy Micro Gel 99 ? I'm interested on that one.
And it is long racket or normal one in the shaft ?

B.Y.C
09-15-2008, 08:59 AM
it took 5,500PHP actually it's shaft is short compared to normal rackets:p but the leghts is almost the same because the head is wider and bigger than usual rackets:)

sorry for my bad english not good very well:o

sifuyono
09-16-2008, 01:23 AM
I went to Susy Sports & Music in Kalapa Gading on the way to the Badminton Hall to buy some gear. I looks at all the rackets (so many to chose) and ended up with the ASTEC Pro 900. Strings are Yonex BG66 @ 26lbs. I like the racket so much that I'll be getting a second one exactly the same as a backup. It is stiff, hits hard and I'm not a hard hitter, moderately head heavy but still has decent defence. It cost 450,000rp with strings because I git some socks and a pair of shoes as well. If I was to compare it to something Yonex make them it would be the AT700. I guess if you want a Yonex you'll have to be prepared to pay 3 times as much and I can't really see any great advantage.

Tim H
for me, i'm positive that astec pro900 has difference characteristic from at700 yonex. at-700 way too headheavy

-Berg
09-16-2008, 04:16 AM
Sifuyono, can you give some advice about what if a 3UG4 racquet has 28,5 balance point. Then when my yonex ac102ex overgrip is removed and replaced by yonex wave grap, the BP just drop to 26.. Its just annoying.

When the BP is 28,5 i like the head heaviness but the grip is a little too thin.. but if I overgrip it with wavegrap the BP loose to 26 altough I like the grip much better..

So what can I do to this racquet to make it stay head heavy yet have a bigger, comfortable grip as yonex wave grap did.. :confused:

Of course I also tought about buying a G3 racquet maybe the solution. But I dont have the money right now ;p

maa2003
09-16-2008, 04:52 AM
use Lin Dan's way :
- use half grip only
- use tape on the racket frame ....

Sifuyono, can you give some advice about what if a 3UG4 racquet has 28,5 balance point. Then when my yonex ac102ex overgrip is removed and replaced by yonex wave grap, the BP just drop to 26.. Its just annoying.

When the BP is 28,5 i like the head heaviness but the grip is a little too thin.. but if I overgrip it with wavegrap the BP loose to 26 altough I like the grip much better..

So what can I do to this racquet to make it stay head heavy yet have a bigger, comfortable grip as yonex wave grap did.. :confused:

Of course I also tought about buying a G3 racquet maybe the solution. But I dont have the money right now ;p

Timbuctoo
09-29-2008, 11:26 PM
No, tried both AT700 3U and Astec Pro900 together. Both felt very similar. Maybe the AT700 was ever so slightly more head heavy. Stiffness is also about the same. BG66 @ 26lbs feels great. The two new rackets being tested by Susy and Alan atm will be released soon. They play well but are more flexi. The racket head has small wedges cut out right around it to make it more areodynamic. It will probably be called Areo-Storm.

Tim H

maa2003
10-02-2008, 07:57 PM
No, tried both AT700 3U and Astec Pro900 together. Both felt very similar. Maybe the AT700 was ever so slightly more head heavy. Stiffness is also about the same. BG66 @ 26lbs feels great. The two new rackets being tested by Susy and Alan atm will be released soon. They play well but are more flexi. The racket head has small wedges cut out right around it to make it more areodynamic. It will probably be called Areo-Storm.

Tim H

thanks for the info ..... especially for AT700 (3U) and ASTEC Pro900.

erudite
10-08-2008, 10:49 PM
how much price Astec Pro 850 and Astec wave power series in Rp or $?

sifuyono
10-09-2008, 12:26 AM

if the main concern was the gripp too small, then i'll pick second option, no power will be reduce altough the BP was drop, the momentum still the same, but the feel of headheaviness reduced, just the feel, not the actual momentum...

issarakaya
10-09-2008, 01:50 AM

Other option is open your original grip untill you see the wood and put thin overgrip on the wood then your YY wave grap on it :D I did this on all my racket cause i want thin grip :D

vamsun
11-14-2008, 03:21 PM
I am currently located in US and want to buy an ASTEC racket. I cant find a dealer or e-store where I can get this racket. Can someone suggest me where I can buy Astec rackets from?

Thanks in Advance!

ormy4
11-14-2008, 04:16 PM
2 Astec 850's in the buy and sell at an awesome price, v good racket and excellent seller.

rickster8
11-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the email, I would probably buy one of the Astec rackets, but I had an injury playing badminton a month ago, torn knee ligaments and possible torn meniscus, waiting for M.R.I. results. I won't be able to play for a few months. It will be a very long winter.

ormy4
11-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry to hear that hopefully it isn't serious. Pulled a muscle in my side the other day smashing from a weird angle so on the shelf a bit myself. Hopefully
your back at it sooner than later.

cheers

wuldup
11-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Does astec sell their rackets other than indonesia?

maa2003
11-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Does astec sell their rackets other than indonesia?

yes, ....
just check this thread from first page, you can find it .....

wuldup
11-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Thank you
Appreciate

K4mu1
11-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Good news for everyone xD... I found just another brand as Astec's competitor, they're named RS (Reinforced Speed), said to be technology from Denmark, when I find about their information, it bring me to a conclusion, that they are from Bandung?!?...

Can anyone confirm this information :)? Anyway, they're shoes are good... Better than Astec's. My friend said that the racket is also good. They're also said to be the sponsor of Suryanaga Surabaya. That's my information so far.

I'd appreciate anyone who can confirm this news.

maa2003
11-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Good news for everyone xD... I found just another brand as Astec's competitor, they're named RS (Reinforced Speed), said to be technology from Denmark, when I find about their information, it bring me to a conclusion, that they are from Bandung?!?...

Can anyone confirm this information :)? Anyway, they're shoes are good... Better than Astec's. My friend said that the racket is also good. They're also said to be the sponsor of Suryanaga Surabaya. That's my information so far.

I'd appreciate anyone who can confirm this news.

RS is local Indonesia brand, they are as sponsored of Suryanaga Club and East Jawa Province, but I believe not for the racquets ..... last PON, Tony Gunawan used the t-shirt but not the racquet ..
it has been there even before ASTEC came .... hehez.

you are too WOLS .....

Timbuctoo
11-27-2008, 06:02 AM
I bought one when I first worked in Indonesia. At that stage RS only made oval head rackets. When I went to Pasaraya I saw quite a few of them and now they make ISO heads as well. I liked mine but they don't take high tensions very well. As I got better I increased the tension. My RS caved in at 26lbs but it may only be that I had a weak one. It played nice and would be fine for a beginner.

ASTEC rackets are very different in that they can take very high tensions which would lead me to believe that they are built better.

I asked Alan if he would fix the website to include all the ASTEC products so that they will market better abroad. The website has been down lately so maybe it's getting fixed. As soon as I can get a product list I'll bet trying to import the ASTEC gear to Darwin, Australia. Their shoes and bags could be better but the rackets are first class.

For shoes I want to import flypower.

I know that's off topic but it may helpl you when making a gear decision.

Tim H

maa2003
11-27-2008, 07:00 AM
thanks Tim for the info .....

I have tried to get information from fellows of Indonesian badminton forum, asking if there is any possibility to bring in ASTEC to Singapore, but none of them reply me ..... do you have Alan contact ? Maybe e-mail or whatever to be shared ? You can PM me ...

I heard that ASTEC will come to Malaysia as well ...

Yes, Flypower shoe is very popular in Indonesia ....

I bought one when I first worked in Indonesia. At that stage RS only made oval head rackets. When I went to Pasaraya I saw quite a few of them and now they make ISO heads as well. I liked mine but they don't take high tensions very well. As I got better I increased the tension. My RS caved in at 26lbs but it may only be that I had a weak one. It played nice and would be fine for a beginner.

ASTEC rackets are very different in that they can take very high tensions which would lead me to believe that they are built better.

I asked Alan if he would fix the website to include all the ASTEC products so that they will market better abroad. The website has been down lately so maybe it's getting fixed. As soon as I can get a product list I'll bet trying to import the ASTEC gear to Darwin, Australia. Their shoes and bags could be better but the rackets are first class.

For shoes I want to import flypower.

I know that's off topic but it may helpl you when making a gear decision.

Tim H

K4mu1
11-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the information T_T... Yes, I'm having a hard time finding information about this brand... When I was choosing another shoes xD... (Having traumatic from Yonex though, the Durability was poor T_T xD... And my Reebok has been ruined lol).

Timbuctoo
11-27-2008, 09:11 PM
All I can say is that the website appears to be under maintenance which is very positive. When I went to Susi Sports in Kalapa Gading there were many more rackets, shoes and things available from ASTEC that weren't on the website. Once they update the website their contacts should be made available.

Out of respect for Alan & Susi (they get bothered enough) I can't give out their contact information.

I know they were testing 2 new racket prototypes when I was there. I played briefly with one of them and it was good.

ASTEC really needs more exposure. Every year they have an ASTEC tournament in Indonesia and you can't get any information about it online. Actually Indonesian badminton as a whole needs to move into the computer world. PBSI should list all the major clubs and their contacts but as far as I know that hasn't happened yet. When I was there I phoned PBSI and asked for information about various clubs and the admin person didn't even know they existed.

If you can't even find the clubs there imagine how hard it is to source a supplier. I loved playing in Indonesia but I hate the mess that is Jakarta (by that I mean information sharing and bad traffic) because it could be so much better and more travel friendly.

K4mu1
11-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Actually... It's not that we haven't moved out for more computation xD... Badminton in Indonesia is losing power right now (that's what I believe). With more and more negative news about sports in Indonesia, the future as an athlete is just so bad, that people don't really want to become an athlete. (This could have an impact on promoting Astec)

Another thing is, Sports and IT is standing in a different position here. The IT guy don't really believe they want to help the sports guy (That's what I believe). And they work more with the Economic guy. If Astec could prove more, I believe it will be easy for them to have someone with good Internet Background. And play little magic on their website xD...

But I believe IT is not enough, they will have the guy from Designs, Marketing guys, etc. That's when this brand can advanced to a better stage, and perhaps become a big brand.

This is just from my perspective though xD... So no offense ppl :D:D:D...

Timbuctoo
11-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Hmmm, if I were to run a business and make it successful knowing that I had a good product I'd learn how to design websites myself. It's not that hard to do these days with dreamweaver. There'd be plenty of people out there in the badminton community that would do it for them anyway.

As for the future of sport in Indonesia, well 22 people at the Olympics from a population of 235,000,000 is terrible. Australia only has 20,000,000 and our olympic team had 450 people. Indonesia could do so much better at sport if the Government wan't so corrupt.

Indonesia could do so much better at sport, tourism and resource management if they wanted to and that is sad. Not many people realise this but Indonesia is a much richer country (GNP) than us so where's all the money go!! Not into sport that's for sure.

Unfortunately ASTEC will have to build their business privately and that also goes with badminton. They can't rely on the Government for support.

Tim H

maa2003
11-29-2008, 12:45 AM
different kind of nature for sports bro .....

no money no "honey" ......

Hmmm, if I were to run a business and make it successful knowing that I had a good product I'd learn how to design websites myself. It's not that hard to do these days with dreamweaver. There'd be plenty of people out there in the badminton community that would do it for them anyway.

As for the future of sport in Indonesia, well 22 people at the Olympics from a population of 235,000,000 is terrible. Australia only has 20,000,000 and our olympic team had 450 people. Indonesia could do so much better at sport if the Government wan't so corrupt.

Indonesia could do so much better at sport, tourism and resource management if they wanted to and that is sad. Not many people realise this but Indonesia is a much richer country (GNP) than us so where's all the money go!! Not into sport that's for sure.

Unfortunately ASTEC will have to build their business privately and that also goes with badminton. They can't rely on the Government for support.

Tim H

Timbuctoo
11-29-2008, 01:18 AM
Actually plenty of money but the Gov eats the honey and keeps the money. Anyhow, the main point is it's good gear and we'd like to see it here!!

Tim H

K4mu1
11-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Yes, I could say that our people in the government have no concern about their own people ~_~... But I believe Politics is not part of this forum :D:D:D Let's get back to Astec xD...

Yes, you can easily learn Dreamweaver, but you can't make a web so wonderful about it if you have no sense of art at all xD... Sense of Art developed harder. And Astec's web would be no match for Yonex, which using Flash, and some programming inside it.

That's why I said they need someone from an IT background, that could make some automation on updating the site, someong from Design background to make the first concept for Astec's website.

Am I wrong?

Timbuctoo
12-11-2008, 09:04 PM
I loved both my Pro 900s but unfortunately I may have bought from a bad batch. I just sent my rackets in for re-stringing and my friend (stringer) found 2 thin cracks in the frame at the same location on both rackets, about halfway up the thread. I bought my rackets in September so if your Pro 900s are ready for re-stringing and you bought them at this time it might be wise to check for small cracks. At 26lbs my Pro 900s would break if I tried stringing them again so I'm hoping I can get them replaced for the same 2 rackets or something at the same price point. This must be unlucky because I haven't heard anyone complaining of similar things on this thread.

Tim H

maa2003
12-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I loved both my Pro 900s but unfortunately I may have bought from a bad batch. I just sent my rackets in for re-stringing and my friend (stringer) found 2 thin cracks in the frame at the same location on both rackets, about halfway up the thread. I bought my rackets in September so if your Pro 900s are ready for re-stringing and you bought them at this time it might be wise to check for small cracks. At 26lbs my Pro 900s would break if I tried stringing them again so I'm hoping I can get them replaced for the same 2 rackets or something at the same price point. This must be unlucky because I haven't heard anyone complaining of similar things on this thread.

Tim H

I have 2 Pro900, all strung at 29x31, and no problem. I bought around July 2007. I did string myself, and using load-spreader at 6 & 12 o'clock position.

I've heard the issue that Alan has changed the manufacturer/factory of his brand. But, it is just an issue.
So, maybe you can contact him.

Timbuctoo
12-12-2008, 07:10 PM
I think you are right about the new manufacturer. I guess it doesn't take much to cause a small crack during manufacturing. A bit of dust gets in the mixture, I don't know, but I thought I might let others know incase they have the same issue. I can see that if the rackets didn't have the cracks they could take really high tensions quite well, but one crack and that ends it. Mine were strung to 26lbs on an Egnus (I think that's the brand) stringing machine and my mate Rodney who's also on this forum really knows how to string a racket well and uses very high tensions himself. I'm in the process of contacting Alan about the rackets so I can get them replaced. We'd actually like to sell the ASTEC gear here in Australia because I know there'd be quite a few people interested in buying a racket or three. We don't have much to choose from here!!

Tim H

Timbuctoo
12-18-2008, 05:54 AM
Hello people's just thought I'd let you know that ASTEC will be releasing a few new models shortly and a new catalogue. The website is being updated and overhauled which is why you can't access it. I pick up my new 2009 models this Monday or Tuesday freshly strung @27lbs with Yonex BG80. I have bought two exactly the same. The name of the racket is Aero Tornado and I remember it was being tested when I was in Jakarta last September. I'm not sure of the specs but they will be coming soon along with pictures of the new gear. As soon as I test I'll let you know how they go.

maa2003
12-18-2008, 06:18 AM
Hello people's just thought I'd let you know that ASTEC will be releasing a few new models shortly and a new catalogue. The website is being updated and overhauled which is why you can't access it. I pick up my new 2009 models this Monday or Tuesday freshly strung @27lbs with Yonex BG80. I have bought two exactly the same. The name of the racket is Aero Tornado and I remember it was being tested when I was in Jakarta last September. I'm not sure of the specs but they will be coming soon along with pictures of the new gear. As soon as I test I'll let you know how they go.

thanks for the info ......

isben
12-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Guys, anyone knows if its possible to get Astec in Batam?

Timbuctoo
12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Isben - I think they're only available in the bigger Indonesian cities. I'm not sure if ASTEC have gear in Singapore but if they do that'd be close for you.

As for the new rackets, I received my 2 in the plastic ASTEC Aero Tornado. This is one of the new rackets to be released in 2009. There's going to be a launch date for the 2009 series stuff shortly.

As for the rackets they look really nice. The paint work is even better than before. The Aero Tornado is white with a metalic bronze rim on the head. I'm not 100% sure what to call the colour but it looks nice. The logo has changed a bit and the rackets now tell you their stiffness rating on the shaft which is great.

The specs of mine are 3U (86-88g), Stiff (but not quite as stiff as a Yonex AT900P, more like an Arc Sabre 10) & head heavy. On the shaft it says the balance point is 290mm but I'd push that figure more towards the 300mm mark on mine. They are both strung with Yonex BG80 @ 28lbs.

The head is an aero (see the name) head which I like and there are small recesses in the head like dimples. I think these dimples help to give the swing an interesting sound and might help the rackets aerodynamics a little bit making it easier to swing.

I think the racket will be a great alrounder. It's not to heavy that it will lack defence yet heavy enough to make good power. I will post pictures once I'm given the all clear and once I've played with it for a few hours I'll post my finds.

2009 will see an update to the ASTEC website that will hopefully include ALL their new stuff. It could be an interesting year for this Indonesian brand.

In my bag of goodies I also received a Flypower Defender 150 training racket. This beast is 150g about the same weight as a squash racket yet it's for badminton. This will hopefully help me build up the right arm and increase my smash power. Some of my juniors might use it as a training racket as well.

Seeya and happy Christmas.

Timbuctoo
12-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Here are the new rackets;

Not sure how yo make pics smaller, can someone help?

-Silver-
12-22-2008, 01:53 AM
that's one good looking racket with good looking logo

maa2003
12-23-2008, 12:38 AM
there is no ASTEC agent in Singapore currently .....

Isben - I think they're only available in the bigger Indonesian cities. I'm not sure if ASTEC have gear in Singapore but if they do that'd be close for you.

As for the new rackets, I received my 2 in the plastic ASTEC Aero Tornado. This is one of the new rackets to be released in 2009. There's going to be a launch date for the 2009 series stuff shortly.

As for the rackets they look really nice. The paint work is even better than before. The Aero Tornado is white with a metalic bronze rim on the head. I'm not 100% sure what to call the colour but it looks nice. The logo has changed a bit and the rackets now tell you their stiffness rating on the shaft which is great.

The specs of mine are 3U (86-88g), Stiff (but not quite as stiff as a Yonex AT900P, more like an Arc Sabre 10) & head heavy. On the shaft it says the balance point is 290mm but I'd push that figure more towards the 300mm mark on mine. They are both strung with Yonex BG80 @ 28lbs.

The head is an aero (see the name) head which I like and there are small recesses in the head like dimples. I think these dimples help to give the swing an interesting sound and might help the rackets aerodynamics a little bit making it easier to swing.

I think the racket will be a great alrounder. It's not to heavy that it will lack defence yet heavy enough to make good power. I will post pictures once I'm given the all clear and once I've played with it for a few hours I'll post my finds.

2009 will see an update to the ASTEC website that will hopefully include ALL their new stuff. It could be an interesting year for this Indonesian brand.

In my bag of goodies I also received a Flypower Defender 150 training racket. This beast is 150g about the same weight as a squash racket yet it's for badminton. This will hopefully help me build up the right arm and increase my smash power. Some of my juniors might use it as a training racket as well.

serasalmus
12-23-2008, 04:09 AM

I 'd like to ask if you've tried an astec magic power 6(one of astec's low end models), it's head heavy and according to the seller, the balance point is around 290mm. since the aero tornado is a good looking racket and the balance point is on the range I prefer, I would like to ask you for some comparison on the two models.It's really hard to change rackets when you're used to it. I don't like the adjustment period.
Thanks!!!
and Happy Holidays!!!

Timbuctoo
12-23-2008, 05:40 PM
The newer racket Aero Tornado swings faster than the Magic Power with less effort. The Aero Tornado feels a bit more solid and has zero vibrations to the handle. They feel similar to hold in the hand & also in the same class as the ASTEC Pro 900. My new rackets weigh about 88 grams so about 98 grams with strings I guess. Some adjustment would be required but not much compared to other rackets. The Aero Tornado line should be available in early 2009 so you'll have awhile to save up. Because they aren't expensive rackets it is cheaper to buy them and not so bad if you break one (less tears). I'll be getting a 2009 catalogue soon that should have all the pictures & specs. I'm thinking of ordering quite a few ASTEC rackets for our club. With family & friends always going to Jakarta I don't have to pay for shipping. As soon as I get the catologue I'll post it on the forum for those interested. I recently got a Flypower catalogue as well and I'll be getting the Flypower shoes, clothes and training rackets which are very good.

Maa2003 is correct, I think ASTEC are selling rackets in Indo, Phillipines and Canada but as far as I know that's it. We'll hopefully be getting their gear for Australia as well which makes sense since Indonesia is sso close to us.

serasalmus
12-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Timbuctoo - How much is the price of the Aero Tornado?

maa2003
12-23-2008, 10:35 PM
if you can get free shipping cost, that's very good.

currently still under discussion with Mr. Jerry from ASTEC for carrying ASTEC racquet into Singapore next year (2009).

the new catalogue will be ready by end of Jan 2009 according to Mr. Jerry as well, and the Aeroleap Series will be launched by mid of February 2009.
It will utilize ASTEC's very own Aeroleap Technology, consist of many model as like Aerotornado, Aerohurricane, AeroStorm, Aerolegend and Aeroprestige.

The newer racket Aero Tornado swings faster than the Magic Power with less effort. The Aero Tornado feels a bit more solid and has zero vibrations to the handle. They feel similar to hold in the hand & also in the same class as the ASTEC Pro 900. My new rackets weigh about 88 grams so about 98 grams with strings I guess. Some adjustment would be required but not much compared to other rackets. The Aero Tornado line should be available in early 2009 so you'll have awhile to save up. Because they aren't expensive rackets it is cheaper to buy them and not so bad if you break one (less tears). I'll be getting a 2009 catalogue soon that should have all the pictures & specs. I'm thinking of ordering quite a few ASTEC rackets for our club. With family & friends always going to Jakarta I don't have to pay for shipping. As soon as I get the catologue I'll post it on the forum for those interested. I recently got a Flypower catalogue as well and I'll be getting the Flypower shoes, clothes and training rackets which are very good.

Maa2003 is correct, I think ASTEC are selling rackets in Indo, Phillipines and Canada but as far as I know that's it. We'll hopefully be getting their gear for Australia as well which makes sense since Indonesia is sso close to us.