Places to play in Kuala Terengganu?

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by birgritte, Aug 19, 2006.

1. birgritte

birgritte New Member

I will be living and teaching English in the province of Terengganu for about 8 months. I will be spending 1 month in the capital, Kuala Terengganu, before going to one of the smaller towns in the same province. I am a 24-year-old white woman and since I am informed that Terengganu can be VERY conservative, would there be any practical venues for me to play badminton in the area? Furthermore, if I do locate badminton clubs in the province, what is the likelihood of my playing in a co-ed situation? Not to sound immodest, but I am a pretty good badminton player. I have been playing for over 8 years (played in high school and at my college's badminton club).

Basically, how is the badminton scene in Kuala Terengganu and the surrounding towns?

Thanks in advance for any info!! :)

2. adimux

adimux New Member

Hi birgritte, just happen to read your message.. there are several places to play badminton in kuala terengganu.. r u still in terngganu?

3. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Specifically, ever heard Bukit Besar area?
    Dr Sulaiman's hall.Plenty of badminton buddies come and play.
    Try to find it out.

Plus, Stadium Negeri sometimes have several tournaments.Suggest you to explore by yourself!
    I am studying outside Terengganu now, thus ,some infos might not be updated.
    Anw,Wish you luck!
    Welcome to Terengganu

#3 koo_fan, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  4. koyeng

koyeng Regular Member

executive
    Hi, Welcome to Malaysia! welcome to terengganu. Im born in Terengganu but Im stayin in Shah Alam, near KL. By 8th to 12th March I will be in Terengganu to visit my parent. I love to play badminton and I like to play even I am in vacation. If you don't mine, you can join me. I know a good place to play badminton call TER ( Terengganu Equestrian Resort ) own by Terengganu ROYAL Family. I often play there if Im in Terengganu.

By the way, where do you live there?

5. koyeng

koyeng Regular Member

executive
    Hi, Care to join me play in TRG in between 8th to 12th March?

6. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    I believe birgritte was also concern about being a Muslim country whether she should be wearing appropriate clothing to play and wish to be advised on this. As I have never been to Terengganu can I cannot answer her question. So help her out here people:D

7. koyeng

koyeng Regular Member

executive
    well here in terengganu, being 'white gal' already attract much attention cause there is harldy seen any of them accept in Resort Island ( Redang, Perhentian etc.. ). But being non Muslim is not a big thing here cause we also have Chinese comunity living here. They play badmiton wearing short pants and skirt. But advise from me, better wearing long pants if you were outside of the hall. Otherwise it will be too much attention.:)

8. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I'd say the same thing.

However, don't worry too much.We're just like other Malaysians.

9. Eric Soon

Eric Soon Regular Member

Sales Executive
    Hi, as part of my job requires me to travel to Terengganu, I'm looking for group/team I can join to play. I will be mostly be in Trg from Monday to Wednesday. Pls let me know the places too. Thxs.