View Full Version : Where to play in Dubai

dk
12-09-2001, 04:03 AM
I have just begun working rotationally in Dubai and I have yet to find a place to play badminton? Does anyone know where to play? Any clubs or drop in nights?

Thanks for any help I can get. I miss playing 4 times a week!

dk

cooler
12-09-2001, 08:52 PM
how about asking your co-worker or sportshop workers?

Jan
12-10-2001, 03:12 AM
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - DUBAI Indian Sports Club, Kumar, PO Box 679, Dubai, UAE
http://www.iscdubai.com

or maybee check this lonely guy out. He is the only one from Dubai on a badminton challenge thing!
http://www.sportsladders.com/badminton/vwladder.asp?ladder=216

Jan

Mahesh
07-23-2006, 05:01 AM
Dear Sir,

We have started a new facility in Quasis. there are two wooden courts. the environment is really supporting and have good players also. if you have any further query pls contact 050-2484183.

Mahesh
07-30-2006, 01:49 AM
hi friend how r u? WE have started a new facility in Quasis. Its cheap and economical. it has two wooden courts and we have players playing from different nation. The environment id very friendly and motivating. please use this facility to improve your game. for any further query please contact the following numbers

JJJalal 050- 6468586
Mahesh 050-2484183

yannis
01-25-2007, 07:42 AM
hello everybody, im just new here in dubai just 2 months here. Im a filipino. Im an avid badminton player just an average player also. Just want to play for exercise purposes and to have fun and continue playing badminton. It seems that its hard to find a place to play here in dubai. Hope anyone could help me in this matter. I love to play badminton again. Thanks..

Bulos
01-25-2007, 09:54 AM
hi! yannis,

actualy I am new in this forum, Im a filipino and if u want to play a badminton, just visit this site so u have an an idea and u can join us if u want, the site is www.wowpinoybadmintonuae.multiply.com (http://www.wowpinoybadmintonuae.multiply.com) coz i am also new in this group.:)

yannis
01-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the reply bulos. I look in your website and it seems that may club na kayo. Im still browsing your website and im happy i found a filipino badminton club here in dubai. Actually im from davao city and gusto ko lang malaman what are your criteria's in joining the club and were do you play and how regular na man. And also the fee's in play badminton. Thanks again.

Bulos
01-26-2007, 02:21 AM
every friday 1 pm ang laro sa may Al Safa Gymnasium sa likod ng gulfnews office sa sheikhZayed.

Bulos
01-27-2007, 04:01 AM
for those who play badminton, what is the best brand of rackets for biginners, and what is the weight and how much it will cost?

oveeh_one
03-22-2007, 05:25 AM
hi
im new here in dubai
can i play badminton with u guys
pls leave ur no. so i can contact u
thnkssssssss

hareshpoliyath
03-26-2007, 05:23 AM
hi friend how r u? WE have started a new facility in Quasis. Its cheap and economical. it has two wooden courts and we have players playing from different nation. The environment id very friendly and motivating. please use this facility to improve your game. for any further query please contact the following numbers

JJJalal 050- 6468586
Avinash 050-7350947

hctan38
04-01-2007, 10:33 AM
can anybody advise where i can find a proper badminton court in dubai particularly in Jumeirah area?

hareshpoliyath
04-02-2007, 01:03 AM
well we have a club but not in the juamirah area...u can find the details of the club and the location at www.eacademy.ae...check it out...

Bulos
04-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Where in Al Quasis? How much is the cost? Is there any membership?

hareshpoliyath
04-03-2007, 04:30 AM
u can find the location at www.eacademy.ae....it would cost max dhms 280/month
THE BREAKDOWN IS:
for members : Monthly fees of Dhms 150/per month and Dhms 10/per session for the shuttles
for non-members : Fees of Dhms 30/per session + Dhms 10/per session for shuttles.

hctan38
04-07-2007, 05:22 AM
Would like to keep in touch with all those regular badminton players including those from malaysia in dubai to find out where is the best place to play.
my email hctan38@yahoo.com

Regards,

hctan38
04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
u can find the location at www.eacademy.ae....it (http://www.eacademy.ae....it) would cost max dhms 280/month
THE BREAKDOWN IS:
for members : Monthly fees of Dhms 150/per month and Dhms 10/per session for the shuttles
for non-members : Fees of Dhms 30/per session + Dhms 10/per session for shuttles.

Thanks, someday i will drop by to play there. By the way how many players are playing there at the moment.

regards,

sac_man
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
any graphite shaft racquet will do,
Yonex, Carlton are good brands, as far the weight most of the graphite or Tatinium are very light, the best thing to do is to go the sport shop, try them yourself, until you can find the one you feel most comfortable with..

Price range in the USA ( $ 60 - $100)..will get you very nice racquet.. Good luck..

for those who play badminton, what is the best brand of rackets for biginners, and what is the weight and how much it will cost?

s1nn3r
04-15-2007, 05:42 AM
Dubai racquet are quite expensive compare to msia, so any msian player planning coming over to work & play badminton here in dubai should bring along their gear. I just join JJ's group at Acedemy Etisalat near Al-quasis & is quite fun playing with them.

ravindharg
05-06-2007, 04:02 AM
Hi Guys

We have a nice Indoor Court booked on friday mornings from 10.30 to 11.30 am every week consisting of 3 courts. The court is off Al Wasl Road around 3 kms from Satwa Bus station. The hire cost is 100 Dh for 1 hour. A max. no. of 12 ppl.can play at any one time. We have 3 to 4 ppl at the moment. so we are looking for more no. of ppl to join us. If anybody interested to join, pls PM

ramboson
07-28-2007, 11:52 AM
me too
are there any friends who love badminton living beside twin tower,deira?

qtpie
08-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Hi Everyone! Can anyone help me please find a nice indoor court here in Dubai? My first time if ever to play in Dubai -though Ive been playing for years back in the Philippines.

Thanks very much for all your help :)

fselhami
09-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi, does anyone know where to find a court in my area (Jumeira, Al Wasl, Um Suqeim). We are looking to rent a court per hour every week. I have heard about the Emirates English School but I couldn't find their contact number. Can you help.

jrsilvestre23
09-04-2007, 01:16 AM
any good players here?? class B or A..I know some club in Dubai..who wanna play? I want a good partner...0509081066..

jorge:-)
11-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Hi guys! just came here in Dubai a couple of months back. Anybody here living near International City or somewhere in Al Awir and wants to play badminton? am not really that good in this sports but i can at least play a little hehehehe....if theres someone available to play with just within International City contact me okey -> 0503482619
Tnx!

jorge:-)
11-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Hi guys! just came here in Dubai a couple of months back. Anybody here living near International City or somewhere in Al Awir and wants to play badminton? am not really that good in this sports but i can at least play a little hehehehe....if theres someone available to play with just within International City contact me okey -> 0503482619
Tnx!

s1nn3r
11-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Is there any court near international city?

This is pathetic!!!

mrezat
03-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Dubai racquet are quite expensive compare to msia, so any msian player planning coming over to work & play badminton here in dubai should bring along their gear. I just join JJ's group at Acedemy Etisalat near Al-quasis & is quite fun playing with them.

hii sinner.. im from msia too. im coming over to Dubai soon. Thanks for the advice... i just about to leave my racket at home now i think otherwise.
Would love to join in later.

thanks...

SibugiChai
05-20-2008, 09:21 AM
I am playing at jumeira beach every weekend

anyone welcome to join!

mrezat
06-02-2008, 09:13 AM

anyone welcome to join!

How to join in?.
Im staying at Jumeirah Beach Resident.
Email me at shahzt@yahoo.com

Thank you.

mrezat
06-02-2008, 10:31 AM

anyone welcome to join!

Can i join i.
Im staying at Jumeirah beach Resident.
My Email shahzt@yahoo.com

stu-uk
06-08-2008, 07:26 PM
hi all,

im moving to dubai in 6 weeks time from the u.k and cant find any imformation on badminton in dubai.... i play to a high standard in the u.k and was wondering if there's any strong clubs located within dubai? if anyone can help me with this i would appreciate it, as im a devoted player, im also a fully qualified professional coach in the u.k which i do in my spare time, would there be a market for coaching this in dubai.....?

thank you, look forward to hearing your responses.

p.s, would also like to know where the nice parts are to live in dubai....any advice?

SibugiChai
06-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Dubai Dubai...

I play at the Beach every weekend... MREZAT you can join us no problem we also got extra racquet but the beach sometimes can be too crowded to play.

In the summer we only go around 6pm to play.

Welcome

SibugiChai
06-09-2008, 08:30 AM
hi all,

im moving to dubai in 6 weeks time from the u.k and cant find any imformation on badminton in dubai.... i play to a high standard in the u.k and was wondering if there's any strong clubs located within dubai? if anyone can help me with this i would appreciate it, as im a devoted player, im also a fully qualified professional coach in the u.k which i do in my spare time, would there be a market for coaching this in dubai.....?

p.s, would also like to know where the nice parts are to live in dubai....any advice?

If you are badminton lovers...

there are few place to play

Indian Club... registration Dhs17,000 & Dhs3,000 per annum

The best facilities in Dubai!

If you dont mind you can join us playing in beach near jumeirah... no point playing in those ultra expensive place since we are not having competition

stu-uk
06-09-2008, 08:41 AM
hi there,

thanks for your quick response.....

i cant believe how expensive it is to join that club, do you know what the standard is like within the club.....?

i can see i maybe taking up squash if the badminton is so unpopular....

thanks for your invite to play on the beach, being in england its weird to think that people actually play badminton outside......

thanks again,
stu

SibugiChai
06-09-2008, 08:57 AM
hi there,

thanks for your quick response.....

i cant believe how expensive it is to join that club, do you know what the standard is like within the club.....?

i can see i maybe taking up squash if the badminton is so unpopular....

thanks for your invite to play on the beach, being in england its weird to think that people actually play badminton outside......

thanks again,
stu

I know there are two resindential that got indoor badminton court.

Burj Residence and Marina Promenade, both are very expensive place to stay. If you rent there, I will join you to play :)

I used to play in Burj Residence but I find that playing in beach is more fun and my friend who stay there has go back to Fiji

stu-uk
06-09-2008, 09:07 AM
thanks,

the marina was one of the places ive been looking into..... and yes it is expensive. i must i am a little intriuged inton what beach badminton is like......

SibugiChai
06-09-2008, 09:13 AM
thanks,

the marina was one of the places ive been looking into..... and yes it is expensive. i must i am a little intriuged inton what beach badminton is like......

There are lot of MARINA... only Marina Promenade got few badminton courts.

Beach badminton are for courting girls :)

mrezat
06-20-2008, 11:27 AM
thanks,

Hii.. im interested if u wanna play near the marina area. I'm still looking for a good place (indoor) and a good player to play with.
Holla me at shahzt@yahoo.com .

raychoi1983
07-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey Stu whereabouts did you play in the uk? I used to play warwickshire juniors and uni badminton... it's quite hard to find courts around here but theres a philipino group that plays on fridays. There are a few decent players there. They book out a sports hall and has 7 courts drop us a line if you fancy a hit, 0508792901.

Ray

stu-uk
07-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi Ray, thanks for your message. I'm not going to be out in Dubai till the end of september, as my job doesn't start till then, but once i'm settles i will give you a shout. I play in the 1st team for buckinghamshire. It's a shame, i expected Dubai to be bigger on badminton as a lot of people from the far east are settled there, but never mind.

Thanks again,

Stuart

andykots
08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi If you are very good player contact me
kokatnur@eim.ae

hii sinner.. im from msia too. im coming over to Dubai soon. Thanks for the advice... i just about to leave my racket at home now i think otherwise.
Would love to join in later.

thanks...

andykots
08-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi I play badminton
I have 2 daughters and I am looking for good coaches. Thats a start.
If they perform you could be in great demand. contact me kokatnur@eim.ae

hi all,

drshihas
11-01-2010, 02:39 AM
hi...i'm looking to play badminton...i'm an amateur player...my work finishes at 10pm(I'm a doctor).I reside in muhaisinah wasl properties building opposite gulf model school.i'm looking for partners to play with suiting my time frame for atleast 4 days a week. Anyone sharing come interest plz mail me at shiya_h@hotmail.com

regards....