Wilson K factor tour - survey

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by C6Goh, Aug 4, 2008.

1. C6Goh

C6Goh Regular Member

Hi,
    Anyone who have used Wilson K-factor please help!!!
    Please gred Wilson K factor in the area below:
    Smash power (please gred 1 to 10, 10 the highest) = ?
    Defense =
    Net shot =
    Durability =

Thank you:)

2. Doc_E6

Doc_E6 Regular Member

I recently got Wilson K - Tour and played with it for about a month. I had it strung to 31 lbs using Ashaway Powergut 66. I used to use Yonex Armotec 700 with the same string and tension.

Initially, I find it hard to use (power games, control and defense) but now I like it very much to the point of making my Yonex Armortec 700 as my back up racket.

Grading the racket is subjective and if 10 is the perfect score, this racket gets a 9 in all aspects.:)

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @Doc_E6
    How long do you need to adjust to you K-tour, until you made your AT700 just waiting in the bag?
    how much do you buy it?
    it costs 100USD in my country.

4. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

The durability of Ktour is definitely good. Have been using Ktour for the last 6 months and have a couple of crash. It's still good. It's a powerfull racket as it is head heavy and slightly to stiff. Good for single but I use it for double...since I like the power it generate. Have another Klite that is really light...when u r tired, it's good to change to Klite...another good racket...Heard that the distributor is changing in Malaysia...previously got it for RM$240 include string ,grip,bag, short and shirt. Now I think you can get it for RM$220 without the short and shirt. Value for money.

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @cd4se
    it is quite cheap in Malaysia.You are lucky buying there.
    In my country, it costs around 100USD, in your country, it costs around 65USD.
    Planning to buy K-Tour initially, however, some other thread states that wilson racket are not durable. But since you said durability is not an issue, i wanna give it a try.
    Would you mind to elborate more, especially on your level of play, how long have you played badminton?

Thanks for your reply.

6. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

Licin...I have been playing for more than 10 years..there are a lot of variety of badminton racquet available in Malaysia..and I have tried a lot, apac, rsl, yones and Wilson. Since I started using the Nano version of Wilson, I stick to it as I know there is technology in it and it is durable. The first generation of Wilson with the racquet without the grommet is a disaster in term of durability..majority break due to the wrong stringing ..then I think Wilson learn their lesson and the subsequent racquet is solid. Kfactor are one of the better racquet that Wilson have come up with. I always believe human will get adjusted to whichever racquet we have.so look for a racquet that is stable...strong and are durable. Of course you will want to change if it just does not jive with you...any way enjoy. I am sure some of the proffesional players that has been signed up by Wilson will reject the racquet if it's not up to a certain standard.

7. Doc_E6

Doc_E6 Regular Member

Hello Licin,

I got adjusted to K-Tour racket in less than a week's time. I play 3-4x a week, about 3 hours max a day (of course there are breaks in between).

Regarding the price of the racket? Well, it's about 100 USD also(discounted). Rackets in the Philippines are expensive.

8. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

Look properly..the Denmark double player are using Kfactor Ktour in Olympic semifinal. If it is not up to a standard, nobody will use. Other than Yonex, I did not see any other racket used in the Olympic...especially in the quarter finals onwards...

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @cd4se
    Yup, Jonas Rasmussen used that.
    I agree that K-Tour has a good durability as well as its performance.
    it has been included in my shortlisted rackets.
    hehehe.

10. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

I used Yonex AT800DE (4U) and AT500 (4U), before I have a Wilson K-Tour (3U). Comparing the three, K-Tour is more even balanced, even though it is head heavy. the stiffness is about the same. I should say K-Tour is very sturdy and durable.

11. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

Just an update about a couple of clashes with my friend's Yonex rackets.

incident #1. He was using Yonex ARC7, and clash occurred to about 3 o'clock position of our rackets. Yonex showed a BIG scar, about 12 mm long, and internal material is showed. My KTour shows small paint chip (about 3 mm wide), and didn't get into the internal material.

incident #2. he was using Yonex NS7700. mine at 2 o'clock, and his around 2-3 o'clock. mine didn't show any chip or scratch, while his showed about 6 mm scar, with internal materials showed again.

even though they were unfortunate incidents, it showed that KTour is VERY tough. I am getting another one.

12. persona

persona Regular Member

banker
    sound like a good rackets to me

13. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

wat is the balance point for k-tour?

14. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

i have AC-102EX overgrip and BG-65 string on it. right now, the BP is at 287 mm.

15. lblroy

lblroy New Member

k factor klite

hi...i have k lite racket,what is the tension of this racket n i use yonex gb 85 string is that ok.can u help ? :confused:

16. lblroy

lblroy New Member

wilson k factor klite

hi anyone know please help thank u

17. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

the tension is depend on urself....find a suitable tension....i would like to test from high to low which is start from 28lbs until the tension i needed...=)

18. Nanospeeder

Nanospeeder Regular Member

Grad student
    I think Wilson guarantees up to 28lbs. I used to play with K-tour and strung it at 25lbs.

It depends on your badminton skills and how strong is your wrist/shoulders/arms?

If too high a tension, you can easily get injured and lose power on your strokes not to mentioned your racquet can cracked when mishit on the frame.

Generally:
    beginners: 15-20lbs
    intermediate: 20-25lbs
    advanced: 25-30lbs
    professional: 30-35lbs?

19. lblroy

lblroy New Member

how is the n code n8, is this racket good

20. Stinkiray

Stinkiray Regular Member

Uh yeah, just asking...

Is this racket made in China or US?
    According to my friend(who does not have to be right), the catalogue says that it's made in the USA but the shaft or bottom of the racket clearly states that it's from China.

Anyone knows?