Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    don't you worry I haven't forgotten about it I have a clip of just a simple static drill I did where hit some fast drops and quarter smashes so I shall find a way to get that to you once I get the time, school is finishing up for me today is my last day of classes last class from 6-9 tonight so after this and finals ill have some time to hopefully get som time to v
    get some more video of stuff we shall see how it goes. lol im nothing super amazing though well thats how i feel about it all we will see what you all think my day of judgement is coming

2. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

This thread is great, we can show each other videos of ourselves playing and fellow forum members can give some constructive criticism on how we play and what we can improve on.

3. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

The thread is great, but too bad not many people are posting videos. I know you guys are out there, I've had 114 downloads since posting the video.

4. strobofred

strobofred Regular Member

I had competition a few months ago, and the club that visited us recorded all the matches. I sent an email to that club to ask if they would upload them, i hope they still have the footage.

5. hellopanda3

hellopanda3 Regular Member

TRAIN!
    I'm posting one hopefully by Friday.
    I've been too busy.
    School sucks.

6. krisss

krisss Regular Member

I want to post , perhaps my next tournament :D.

Its going to be a big one :D.

Win that a chances of a yonex sponsorship are in :D.

I might video that one.

I'm nervouse about it though , ive been doing wrist training , devleopeing my fitness and now I'm worried about my technique :O. Not good.

Anyway ill upload footage when I can.

7. hellopanda3

hellopanda3 Regular Member

TRAIN!
    That's awesome.
    I wish when I get better I would be sponsored.
    That would be sweet.
    Very unlikely, but a man can dream.

8. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Mate, if you're top 728 internationally like krisss posted, you are something super amazing and I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Oooooh, Yonex sponsorship *drools over Yonex sponsorship*. Do you think there's any chance of you winning? My coach has said Carlton will offer me full sponsorship but I have no idea about any of their rackets or anything. I also have a form to fill in from Apacs but I've no idea how many racket sales I could influence in a year (that is actually one of the questions), I'm tempted to just put lots lol.

Oh and krisss, is this that tournament you told me about? You didn't say anything about Yonex sponsorship then :rolleyes:. I mean, I'd have been there if you did.

9. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Lol firstly - Smash Master is very modest :D.

Kent Open U16's - its an open so everyone can enter including england players :D.

Carlton sponsorship :O - Carlton is a good company and it being full is even better :D. How do you apply? Or is it through your coach?

Next season I'm going to play a Lot of tournaments. Every single tournament I enter I get better :D , and feel more confident :D.

Won't apply for a new sponsorhsip just yet , maybe after a few tournaments :D.

Next three that I will hopefully enter - hants , warwickshire rising stars and kent open. All U16's but it will be a good expierience nonetheless :D

10. mtr1993

mtr1993 Regular Member

school

11. mtr1993

mtr1993 Regular Member

school
    Are you in the A or B singles?

12. Danstevens

Student
    It's through my club/coach. The head coach somehow managed to get Carlton interested in sponsoring the club and personally sponsoring the top 4 players in each age group and as I play number one under 15s and number 2 under 17s, I'm apparently eligible for Carlton to sponsor me. if you could get hold of a Carlton email address, I doubt they'd say no to you for at least a partial if you represent county. In fact, I reckon they'd probably offer you full - from the sound of the arrangement that is coming about with my club, Carlton can't be that strict on requirements. Such a shame Carlton don't have a web presence.

I don't know how someone with that ranking can be modest, he must be a great guy.

LOL, good point and full Carlton has to be better than Karakal partial (what I'm on now)

13. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Yeah - I do particularly like Carlton rackets aswell :D.

You have to keep us up to date on it :D

14. mtr1993

mtr1993 Regular Member

school
    What age group are you? Do you play for Nottinghamshire?

15. Danstevens

Student
    I play under 15s and under 17s (I'm fifteen but I was fifteen after 1st January meaning I can still play at under 15s this season). I don't play for Nottinghamshire for 2 reasons really, the first and foremost being that there are a few people on the team I don't get on well (and have had some confrontations with) and the second reason simply is distance, the county team trains at Mansfield which is about 45 minutes from where I live. It doesn't sound a lot but that's an hour and a half round trip every training session and it's just really not convenient.

Perhaps I should see if one of the county coaches could give me a tryout again. I guess it's kinda stupid that my main reason for not playing for my county is other people and I think I could somehow persuade my mum to take me to training sessions/matches. Anyway, if there is an update, I'll let you know.

16. mtr1993

mtr1993 Regular Member

school
    Our county training is 40mins+ from where I live, but you can't please everyone.

17. Danstevens

Student
    No, that's so true and counties are relatively large so they've probably just chosen the most central place or something.

What age group and county do you play in?

18. mtr1993

mtr1993 Regular Member

school
    Cheshire u17 (u16 this season).

19. trickflick

trickflick Regular Member

HS
  20. Keios

Keios Regular Member

Student
    I am 21, have been playing just a little over 2 years.

Regarding the foot stance when i serve: I think its just been a habit since it allowed me to move more efficiently to the front of the net if they try to play at the net. Though i did think about it and practice with trying my racket foot in front and whilst it feels different, the serve seems more fluid or at least faster. Will try this stance more in the upcoming week to see if i can incorporate it.