The New Emerging Power in World Badminton: New Threats for China!

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by ardhitya.y, Jun 21, 2009.

1. ardhitya.y

ardhitya.y Regular Member

student
    I'm Majoring International Relations. Right Now, World Badminton do have several similarities with International relations as a science.

Nowadays, Most of Academic Literature in International Relations talk about China the new emerging power in World Affairs. They believe that it is very possible for China, with its power capability, to challenge United States as the status quo superpower. With its military and economic power, China has a lot of opportunity to be the next superpower and Challenge the United States.

I believe that World Badminton, for a long time, is a multipolar system. Indonesia, Malaysia, China, and Denmark dominated the system with their best athlete. Indonesia has its own golden age in World Badminton. Malaysia also has the same condition. But, before 21st century, the capability of those countries, i think, was in balance condition - none of them become a hegemonic power that dominates the whole world badminton.

In early 21st century, China dominates the whole system, primarily in the women sector. Nowadays China become more dangerous, when it has many women single player in a row, for example Xie Xingfang, Lu Lan, Zhu Lin, Wang Lin, Wang Yihan, Zhu Jingjing, Jiang Yan Jiao.

Wang Lin and Wang Yihan has proved that they can beat their seniors. Although Lu Lan, Zhu Lin, and Xie Xing Fang become less dangerous, another Chinese players ready to support the Chinese hegemony in women sector. In XD sector, Ma Jin become a brilliant players in the last Indonesia Open.

Unfortunately, many tournaments have proved that there are many emerging power in world badminton, both in men and women sector, and they challenge Chinese power.

Korea in MD, XD, and WD
    Malaysia, in MD and WD
    Indonesia in MD and XD

India'sWomen single and even Indonesia's challenge China’s superiority in Ws, for example saina Nehwal and Maria Kristin. They help Tine Rasmussen to reduce China’s superiority in the system.

In Ms, China only have Lin Dan, I don't think so Chen Jin and Bao kould as good as him in the next several years.

In MD, they have no other, except Cai Yun and Fu Hai Feng.

Although they still have few superiority in WD and Ma Jin has saved the XD sektor with Yu Yang.

Thus, is China still frightening?

Kome on saina, Maria, LYD/JJs, MK/Hs, KKK/TBH!

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think the title is misleading because the countries named as emerging powers like Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, and India have always been at the forefront of badminton, even before China.
    The original badminton powers were Indonesia, Denmark, Malaysia, India, USA. Then China and Korea emerged. The only country to have dropped out from these select countries is the USA.

3. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

Dont forget to put Japan (in Women sector). Japan had won Uber Cup 5 times..

4. ardhitya.y

ardhitya.y Regular Member

student
    Okay. I agree! The Title should be The Re-Emerging Power rather than the new emerging power!

5. gadjyah

gadjyah Regular Member

Student
    i'd love to see some more of anastasia russkikhs...

6. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    You'll notice the chinese national games, the top ranked CHN players are less dominant than in normal tournaments almost. They have almost an endless of unexposed WD, WS, MS players which they can bring out at any time. Remember how there was a CHN explosion of WS players right after the olympics.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My 4 sens-It'll still be CHN at the forefront..

..no matter who comes out from non-CHN countries, CHN will reign in this sport for quite some timem or at least for the next 3+ yrs (til 2012 Olympics). Didn't we hear the same thing abt Tine not too long ago, after she supposedly put a dent in China's Great Wall of WS squad by defeating several CHN WS players. Yet, CHN whitewashed the competition at last yr's Thomas & Uber Cups and this yr's Sudirman Cup..Other countries or certain players/pairs may put up a challenge, but the ball or the shuttle still remains in China's court..

8. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Yes, China might not have anyone after LD and Cai/Fu, but other countries are having the same problem and worse.

Who is after LCW, KKK/TBH in MAS?
    Who is after TH, MK/HS for INA?
    Who is after Gade and MC/BM for DEN?
    Who is after PSH and LYD/JJS for KOR?

China still has 3 strong pairs for XD, handful of pairs in WD, and at least 4-5 strong players in WS. And don't discount BCL and CJ yet, plus CL. :eek:

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    China still has so many good players outside National team...recently Wang XIN (24) just got into national team..I have discussed this with one of CHN players ..he said that politics play big time when selecting some of the players..he, even says that it is always tough to play non CHN team as they are so good..there are limited spaces that CHN federation can take and many pressures to take certain players from certain provinces...bottom line is ....there is a tendency to choose the players from their own provinces..depending who is in charge as well as who are the coaches...
    Other countries has limited players but CHN has too many to choose...so dont be surprised, Zhu Lin, Qiu Yan bo,etc may not be part of CHN team next year....