Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    -A combination of both, maybe? I'm not quite sure. It's just disappointing to see him play like that

-2008 TUC semifinals against Korea... I forgot who represents Korea at that time. Seeing Taufik's performance during this years IO finals immediately reminds me of that particular game.

2. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    Why is that so? In my opinion Malaysia is still running strong... lack of regeneration, maybe?

3. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    yeah I saw the past ...
    his performance very good ...
    almost never lost with the other ...
    is taufik join WC?

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..not only during his Thomas Cup performance last yr. Remember his LiNing China Open last yr (if you did watch) and the Olympics??..
    ..you've seen his past performances?? you mean 2006 and before?? or after 2006??..
    ..yes, Taufik is included in the INA's 2009 WC team. Please follow the 2009 Tournaments sub-forum to find more infos.:cool:

5. hiltonmoreira9

hiltonmoreira9 Regular Member

student
    let's just pray for our badminton, Indonesians!
    if we just let badminton declining, we won't have world class achievements anymore.
    depending on soccer? SNAP SNAP SNAP no way..

6. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    wow now this is a movie i actually want to watch to see how good it is, i will deffinetly have to find a way to catch it. hopefully ill be able to.

7. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    I did. And found myself hot-headed about it. Not disappointed, FURIOUS!
    *Calm down, calm down...*

He was expected to do well on both tournaments, but both turned into mere disappointment yet again. Just days before the OG he is suffering from Dengue Fever though, but that's no excuse!

8. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    Oops, stop the daydreaming right there :p
    We will never be able to reach world's stage with soccer... Too ambitious.

I am wondering if our government/PBSI ever held a talent-search event or something like that? *One of my upperclassman's talent on badminton needs to be discovered!

9. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    As an optimist, I can only hope, it'll come ASAP.
    Being a realist, mister, how soon do you think it'll be?
    1 year? 2 year? 1 generation? Or eons? ;)

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

But mas cinema doesnt have this show:rolleyes::(

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

As i (and a few others) have mentioned a few times before..

..IMO, Indonesia badminton will have a draught (meaning lack of prominent Singles or Doubles players to contend with) for **at least** the next 3+ yrs, til the next 2012 Olympics.
    Why? You've still got LD & LCW (and more CHN players in contention) at the top in MS. CHN will still dominate the WS scene, despite a couple or so new challenges. MD is up for grabs but KORs will probably "dominate";). WD, well, you know the story. XD is also for grabs, many pairs will contend. So, where does the Indonesia squad's projection fall?? Their veterans are slowly but surely saying buh-bye to the national team..leaving the youngens to challenge the other top players from other countries...
    After the 2012 OG, then we'll see again....But that's still quite a ways.

#1091 ctjcad, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  12. narnia

narnia Regular Member

That's nonsense. INA is one of the strongest countries in badminton. They're real lovers of this sports. INA has very good potential and they can catch up with all the strongest very soon. This age is very fast beyond your expectation. INA Open is just over. You don't know what'll happen even in the next half of this year. :)

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Nonsense??..^^

..erm, okay, i'll give you "Indonesians are real lovers of badminton."

But tell me, what makes you think they are one of the strongest countries in badminton? On what base?

When, you say "INA has very good potential and they can catch up with all the strongest very soon"..please tell us, who are their potential players & who will be their star in:
    1. MS - (fill in the blank)
    2. WS - (fill in the blank)
    3. MD - (fill in the blank)
    4. WD - (fill in the blank)
    5. XD - (fill in the blank)

I might not know what'll happen even in the next half of this yr, but if i am to forecast on what the future will be, i'd base it on the current INA batch of players and upcoming players' achievements. Or unless i see them raise the Thomas Cup & Sudirman Cup in the near future, i still say CHN is still the team to beat and INA will be in the mix with the other badminton powerhouse countries.

14. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    yeah ,
    I see in 2006 and before
    ok thank u ctjcad:)

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Have you seen..^^

..Taufik's post 2006 performance??..

16. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    Not yet
    how to find it?

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I have my personal take on this and I hope these players will rise to the occassion:

1. MS - still ??

2. WS - Febby Angguni. Winning two international events in Malaysia (beating Kim Moon Hi) and Auckland should give her enough confidence and match experience.

3. MD - not too bad actually, we have some promising pairs coming up the ranks like Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan (just won their first international title last week in Auckland, not including the German and Dutch Juniors won in April). We shall see their action again in the Asian Junior and World Junior Championships + the various International Series and Challenges events like Indonesia and Laos Int Challenges in July/Aug. Both players are only turning 18 this year and they are already exposed to senior tourneys domestically, winning one domestic event before the Auckland International.

Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan
    is another pair that I like. They have won an International Series event before and have beaten Chan Chong Ming/Chew Choon Eng and Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Hendra Wijaya recently. I have very high hopes on these 2 pairs.

4. WD - still ?? also, but we are traditionally weak in WD. I like Jenna Gozali and the partnership between Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii should be able to break the top 10 very soon.

5. XD - also not too bad IMHO. We have 3 decent pairs coming up the ranks like Tontowi Ahmad/Richi Puspita Dili, Fran Kurniawan/Pia Bernadet Zebadiah, and Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto. We might also have Mohd Ulinnuha/Jenna Gozali joining them in the near future. Not to mention, despite her vast experience in XD, we always forget that Liliyana Natsir is only turning 24 this coming September. She still has a long way too go! With a right partner, they might yet go far again.

18. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    I think nitya/greysia and liliyana,,,
    almost very good
    from technique ,, and stamina:)

19. Chibot

Chibot Regular Member

Yeah, nitya/greysia are very good in technique and stamina, i believe they will reach their peak performance in OG 2012

20. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Just search in Wikipedia to know about the facts; search for the stats for their performance for the past history of badminton.

You know the basic principle here in badmintoncentral? Before you ask here, you always need to "SEARCH" for yourself.

:)