Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Uh oh..^^

..no more research from narnia??:confused:...i thought you're very good at finding stats and facts??..:confused:

My man, if you're talking abt the history of Indonesian badminton, yes, i do concur 150% they have a very good one. But that's "history". How abt looking ahead to the future?...If you mentioned that INA has "very good potential and they can catch up with all the strongest very soon", mind answering and filling in the potential names in each of the events i've listed above??..Or you can't find their names??..:confused:

#1101 ctjcad, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    badmania, do you know a WS player called bellaetrix?is she one of the promising young talents too?
    i think its hard for INA badminton to improve when there's still no full support from the government...but i guess we all jst have to hope for the best and keep forward:D

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Bellaetrix Manuputty used to be an upcoming talent, along with Sylvinna Kurniawan and Pia Bernadet Zebadiah, at least a few years ago. I believe she's still in Pelatnas Pratama. However, I don't think she is as good as Febby Angguni, who's a proven winner at least in International Series and Challenge levels. It's now time to move her up a level to GP and hopefully GP Gold levels.

In Pelatnas, I heard that Lindaweni Fanetri should be the one to look out for.

4. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    yeah and also lilyana natsir ...
    Nitya and pollii ....show their good performance in aviva open finals ...
    but ya wen and her patner's ranks better than them
    -:)-

5. maypi

maypi New Member

Junior Lawyer
    agreed with nitya/greysia
    they have great skills to be one of the great players one day

6. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    A question: Does Liliyana keep on playing WD since Vita's departure from the Pelatnas? Who's her partner since then?

7. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
  8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Players for the WC:
    Taufik Hidayat
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    Simon Santoso
    Maria Kristin Yulianti
    Adriyanti Firdasari
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan
    Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki
    Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati
    Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii
    Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir -- could be the pair's last WC
    Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita

9. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    i think no ...
    not yet...
    lilyana hasn't a patner now
    In IO ...she didn't play in WD

10. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

Nitya/Greysia in top 10 now...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

why? nova widianto will be retiring after this? btw, how old is him now? 30+?

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Nova Widianto was born on October 10, 1977.
    Here's one article about Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir taken from The Jakarta Globe.com (June 25, 2009) :

Ami Afriatni

Nova, Liliyana Ready to Make Last Stand in India

All good partnerships must come to an end.

When Indonesia’s Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir hit the court at the World Championships in Hyderabad, India, in August, it will likely be their final tournament as a mixed doubles pair.

As per Nova’s request, the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) will split up the duo and seek a younger shuttler to be Liliyana’s new partner. Nova, 32, has repeatedly said he is too old to compete at the highest level and is contemplating retirement.

“I want [the PBSI] to give more chances to younger shuttlers and find a new partner for [Liliyana]. She’s still young and has a long career ahead of her,” Nova said on Thursday.

Lius Pongoh, PBSI’s head of athletes’ development, said Fran Kurniawan (24), Muhammad Rijal (23) and Tantowi Ahmad (21) were candidates to be Liliyana’s new partner.

However, mixed doubles coach Richard Mainaky wants Nova and 24-year-old Liliyana to play together until the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, China.

“We’ll discuss this matter with both shuttlers and their coach after the world championship,” Lius told state-run news agency Antara.

Liliyana, who teamed up with Nova in 2004 to win 13 tournaments, said she knows her partnership will not last forever. “I’ve been preparing myself for that moment and I’m ready to be the mentor of my new partner, just like Nova did for me when we played together for the first time,” she said. “I hope that [the new partner] will be as good as Nova.”

Sentiment can wait, though, as there are still titles to be won. The duo is the current mixed doubles world champion, having won the title at the 2007 tournament in Kuala Lumpur.

They also won the 2005 world title in Anaheim, California.

“If this is our last performance together in the World Championship, I want us to retain our title, to do a hat trick,” Liliyana said.

Another title would put Nova and Liliyana in rarified company. Only one other pair — China’s women’s doubles team of Gao Ling and Huang Sui — has won three world championships in the same division.

Victory would also be a welcome relief from Indonesia’s title drought. Nova and Liliyana are the only Indonesian shuttlers to win a Super Series title this year, winning the mixed doubles at the Malaysia Open in January.

That slump saw South Korea’s Lee Yong Dae and Lee Hyo Jung supplant them as the world’s top-ranked team, but Liliyana is optimistic that the drought will end in Hyderabad.

“There is a month and a half of rest time in between the Indonesia Open and World Championship, so we’ll have sufficient recovery time to be back at our best,” she said. Badminton

13. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    yeah ...
    so Who the candidate to be nova's patner?

14. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Read the article more carefully.
    It's stated that he's contemplating retirement.
    What is he going to do next, becoming a coach or else, God knows.:)

Gonna miss him.:eek:

15. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Well if you ask me, I think he did his part. He won the Olympic gold, Asian Games gold, WC, lead the indonesian team to victory in the Thomas Cup and 6 time Indonesia Open Champion. What else do you want from him. Now he just want to have fun playing badminton.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a revitalize Taufik so we can more great matches instead of always waiting for LCW vs Lindan. I am proud of LCW as a player representing Malaysia but ask yourself this, which would you prefer to have, a player which won many SS tournament or the other one that bag the major titles.

16. maypi

maypi New Member

Junior Lawyer
    ive heard before that Hendra Setiawan is also a candidate to be liliyana's partner since they're at the same age..
    i think Fran kurniawan will be a good partner for her, but he's with Pia now..so how if PBSI also consider Bona Septano?

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Thats not true....I think either Tantowi or Frans could be a candiddate...tough for MD coach to let his charge to play mix....
    If they are allowed...I think Hendra setiawan and Ahsan are good for XD...especially Hendra Setiawan...

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    May be Tantowi or Frans......Tantowi is a better candidate...his deadly smash and the style of his play ( bolanya lebih jahat...)

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

If Towi is a better candidate, then, his partnership with Richi will be split again?

20. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I prefer to PBSI pulled in Rendra Wijaya paired with Liliyana, no other pair splitting.

#1120 Sandy, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009