Yonex Nanospeed 9900 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Feb 5, 2009.

1. spoonsport97

spoonsport97 New Member

Hi there,

Where can I find Nanospeed 9900 2U in Malaysia? It seems very hard to find. All I found is 3U.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    There is no 2U in Malaysia.

3. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I think can get it in China

4. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

oddly enough but there's not too many ns 9900 2Us around these days (except japan), they'd (stores) stock-in 100 pieces and there are only 2-5 max 2Us, reason being, they know their ''most usual'' walk-in clients prefer 3U. however, if you can wait for the next batch, your friendly store may be able to reserve you one.

#584 MetalOrange, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  5. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

Spoonsports97

Get it from shuttle-house.com

6. Brooks

Brooks Regular Member

businessman
    Nice and very easy to run around with, stiff enough and has a large sweetspot. Real quick too. A great racquet, up there among the best ever produced.

All the best,
    Brooks

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

it is a fantastic racket there is no way anyone can say otherwise in my opinion
    I bought a AT900T again (4uG4) because I thought that it would be a better racket for singles but at the moment it is sitting in my racket bag because it can't compete with my ns9900
    I will get my AT900T re strung as I think that's the problem (it's still factory strung my AT900T)

8. Random-person1

Random-person1 New Member

Student
    Wow! Isn't playing singles with the NS9900 tiring?

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

no it's fantastic !!!!!!! My smashes are like I am using a AT700 and my defence is like I am using a very head light racket the speed of retrieving the shuttle is fantastic even shots the other side of the court are reachable it is like there is a magnetic atraction between the shuttle and the ns9900 when defending and when attacking it is just soooo powerfull especially for a head light / even balanced racket

10. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    been playing badminton on/off since school days and at times during working days.

been using only Yonex ,and i lost count the numbers of raquets i bought and 'lost'.. lost in a way of moving and then didn't bring them along.lost by the way of lending to friends and then they in turn lost them.

so... back to topic,started again a few years back and this time it's regular .and i got Amortec 900 Power. feels 'good'.. lol..

and then NanoSpeed came out,so got the 9900... and 'pity' Amortec..been in the bag all along ... only took it out when the string on the Nano broke..lol..

yea, it's a good raquet...one more thing... the tension of the string is allowed at max 24 lbs only ?

cos, i prefer 28 lbs, but the guys can't promise me if anything happens to the racquet should it goes...

#590 T-maker, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  11. Colonel

Colonel Regular Member

consulting
    Not true, I got my NanoSpeed 9900 2U at 31/32 the first stringing for that break in effect then restrung at 29/30.

Yonex are always conservative but they certainly don't lag behind RSL by that much.

Enjoy

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Review - Nanospeed 9900

Finally got to take my 9900 for a spin today, so here are my thoughts...

NS9900 3UG4, US code
    String: Ash Zymax 62, 24 x 26 lbs (over-calibrated manual)
    Balance as used ~285
    MD only, plastic Mavis 300 shuttles

Impressions

I was told (although "warned" might be more accurate) that this was an extremely head-light racket, but I would disagree - mine was balanced perfectly for all-round doubles. The frame cuts the air beautifully with a nice, high-pitched swish. I myself denegrated the colour scheme but it looks so much better to the naked eye (my monitor makes everything look like it's just come from the land of Oz).

Game time

It took me less than one game to fall in love with this thing...

Power

Excellent. I was smashing harder than ever before, real howitzers, and this isn't a particularly demanding racket either. Clears and drives, forehand and backhand, ALWAYS reached the back of the court (and even went long a few times) no matter where I hit them from. Lifting, though, was the highlight - I got huge height and depth on EVERY occasion, giving me lots of time to recover position. Given the stiffness I was expecting the NS9900 to be unforgiving in the extreme, so this was a nice surprise.

Defence

Outstanding. Probably the easiest defensive Yonex racket I have ever tried. There are some serious smashers in our group, and when they get hold of one it usually gets a weak lift first time. With the NS9900, though, by the time I'd thought "uh oh", the shuttle was already screaming off in a drive or lift to the baseline; there is almost telepathic defence on offer from this racket. The head is so mobile that you can play backhand defense with almost any smash, and the few times I had to take it on the forehand I was not disappointed. Not to impugn the other aspects of the 9900, but defence was definitely the strongest branch for my money.

Control

Excellent. The accuracy of my lifts, drives and net shots was up over anything else I have tried, with depth in particular being very precise. Even serves were more controlled, with the feel of the racket helping me a great deal. I was delighted at being able to get such a huge cross angle from defensive shots, and once I was dialled into the racket I was consistently lifting and clearing to within six inches of the baseline. The balance combined with the head speed made it very easy to throw deceptive shots in as well, as they could be delayed for a really long time before committing.

Stability

Excellent. This X-Fullerene seems to have made a real difference - the hoop is a real tank:D. It was very difficult to make it wobble no matter what I did; nice to have a Yonex that doesn't carry an air of delicacy about it, especially given the ease with which it swings through. I would think nothing of stringing this past 30 lbs if the mood took me.

Conclusions

This is one of the finest YY rackets ever made, and a worthy successor to the 9000X. Its attributes became apparent during the first few minutes of knocking up, and I must confess I was supposed to be trying the Arc-Z tonight but I barely put the 9900 down. It does EVERYTHING a doubles racket should do.

Pros - power, placement, DEFENCE, feel... etc etc.
    Cons - Er... I honestly can't think of any. Perhaps the price; I got mine as an ex-review racket.

If I manage to get the Z-Slash out of my bag I'll put a review up next Weds, but it's going to have to be a real earth-shatterer to get the 9900 out of my hand - this is now my go-to racket.

13. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Can i ask those NS9900 users, how's this racquet performs for netplays, dropshots? Easy to maneuvre? :D

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Very easy. One of the best front court rackets. Sensitive feel and not too over powering.

15. rotchanasak

rotchanasak Regular Member

engineer
    Like you said "ANTS".Compare with NS7700 my old racket.
    the NS9900 often do more tight spin net shot.
    Easy to lift and half court drive.
    But beware for hard lift at the front court the bird will fly out the line.
    For head light racket lover , THE NS9900 is your upgrade racket for sure.

16. Porky

Porky Regular Member

So my next Qns would be, where in Sg izit more worthwhile to buy NS9900? Compared to JB's Honly retail price, which is cheaper? Looking at so many reviews, i'm sure i'm gonna get 1 soon...hehe:p

17. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Btw, does it matters which code the NS9900 comes from? All performs juz as good and quality no issue?

18. rotchanasak

rotchanasak Regular Member

engineer
    Sorry guy! I am in THAILAND.
    And here the ns9900 only come with TH code and only 3u.
    In THAILAND you can buy 4200-4600 bath.
    And quality is diferrent by dealer.
    You should try by yourself before buying it.
    Good luck.

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ladies,

Just received my performance bonus last week. I am a happy man indeed. With the RM, I got myself a Nanospeed 9900 through a colleague when he went to JB. Got it for RM623. I must say this is the first time, I bought such an expensive racket. Took it out yesterday for a test drive and my heart almost sank when my doubles partner's racket clashed with mine. I must say I was a little distracted as I was thinking about the RM623 paid and we lost the game :D.

With a new top of the line racket, I need a pair of decent badminton shoes. Am looking at Victor.

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

wow....you finally made a bold move ar...:D:D
    i thought you only buy less than RM 250 racquet...