APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    ouch..that's a lil bit unfair haha

2. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    usually these rackets are designed to look nicer but specs are more or less the same.

however, the prices and mark up is also significantly higher than other more value for money rackets by Apacs in Malaysia.

3. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member

Biotech Sales / Marketing
    Well, it's not really unfair, it's catering to the market for more pretentious people who value image alot :p

Besides, you can still buy it and get it shipped to malaysia.

4. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    Finally I got my Lethal 60 this noon after place an order a week ago. Haven't tested it yet but excited because it is not easy to get a Lethal 60 in M'sia here. Lethal 50 and 70 were having exactly same design and colour. But seller told me no different between Lethal 60 and 70 except colour of the racket itself. He told me Lethal series was not a hot model in Msia compared to clone series because people always look for APACS clone rackets at the lower price.

Seller said Lethal was consider as highest range among APACS but low demand due to the price around RM300 (appx $85.00). He can help me to order Lethal 70 if I insist to get 1 but no stock with distributor at the moment and Lethal 60 is having limited units.

So I still go with the Lethal 60 at price RM300 inclusive of Yonex String BG80 (Strung 26lbs), Latest Bag (AP-365A kind of AP1009B) and Karakal grip.

I did call AJ Mart but no stock for Lethal 60 and TBA is next year (No Lethal 70 available from AJ Mart). AJ Mart quote me RM280 ($80.00) with Yonex String BG66 and Karakal grip but exclusive racket bag.

5. pk_volt

pk_volt Regular Member

I just tried out my lethal 70 today for the first time. Strings are Yonex BG80 strung at 23 lbs.

At first, I was having a little bit of difficulty clearing the bird all the way to the end, but after warming up a bit, the raquet sure came alive. The bird just seems to always stay in, but one thing is that the raquet does vibrate upon impact.

Is this a bad symptom?

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Vibration can occur when the strings are too loose however @,23 lbs I wouldn't expect a lot of vibration
    How much vibration ? Is it really noticable or is it just a small occasional vibration ?

7. pk_volt

pk_volt Regular Member

The vibration is noticeable on every shot, although I am still able to get pretty good accuracy. On top of that, I have a pretty thick spongy grip over it (Apac PU grip) over the stock existing grip, which I think should further dampen the vibration.

I'm still pretty new to badminton gear, but the whole racket feels a little "damp". I am able to get some decent power out of it, but nothing spectacular, though this may be just a reflection of the lack of skill I currently have.

I still have the Tantrum 300 again, strung at 23 lbs with different strings by a different person. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see how it compares.

8. sid 11

sid 11 New Member

student
    fellas!

ive been using edgesaber 10 for 3 months now and its a great racket

worth buying it costs around a 100 rm

i strung the raket with fischer 0.68 at 26lbs

ull get more power from this raket

9. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Any bros know where to buy Apacs 180g training racket in Singapore ?

10. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Try go to 10&10 at Bras Basah Complex. Last time i also bought at there.

11. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    Tested the Lethal 60 newly bought on Thursday... Overall it is a decent racket for POWER.

At first I having tough time with the racket because the sweetspot is rather small compared to my APACS Nano 9900. But after half an hour playing with the Lethal 60, I find it very easy to get powerful smash when hitting the sweetspot. I did a smash and it is the hardest smash I did ever (I have 13 years experience on badminton).

Not sure how it compared to Yonex Armortec high end series but it is much better than the Armortec 300 I used before. I can not feel the head heavy of Lethal 60 until I did smashes or back to back clearing.

I did feel vibration even I strung at 26lbs but I did solve the issue by holding it tightly and extra power from shoulder. The smashes are go beyond my expectation where I love the most with this racket. I am offensive player and it is the racket to me.

However I need to spend extra effort with this racket because I did not get good control on drop shot and defense compared to Nano 9900 which has better handling on all round but poor smash.

In my own opinion, If anyone is looking for an offensive racket, Lethal 60 or 70 is one of the best option to go to.

Power - 9/10
    Control - 6/10 (need extra skills to control it)
    Defense - 6/10
    Value - 11/10 (Best Buy because I got it only at RM300 equal to USD85.00 where other countries offer beyond USD100.00).

12. Mr.Defensor

Mr.Defensor Regular Member

Grab Car Driver
    I have 2 Apacs ...

1.Nano900 Power
    2.NanoFusion Speed 722

Inexpensive backups for my Yonex Ti-10 .

Supposed to be just backups , now Ti-10 my back up !!

Just love NanoFusion Speed 722 , simply magnificent .

I love the sound , with 24lbs Yonex BG-66 string .

Good net control , good smashing power , extremely good in looping shots ( baseline ) .

If u are those guys who likes playing cross-net drops , drop shots , this NanoFusion Speed 722 nice !

Light head , overall quite light weight .

As for NanoPower900 , it is very good for smashing !!!! Not for defense though .

Not a bad racket overall , good base line , not as good as NanoFusion Speed 722 .

13. belr21

belr21 Regular Member

JOBLESS
    WHATS up...

i own 4 apac racket.

edgesaber 10 , Z-spark, 9 (for the ladies)
    nanopower 9900.

all budget racket. all strung at 27lbs, BG 66

for all round players i would recommenrd nanopower 9900. it has the best feel and it is easy to handle.

feel like smashing to relieve stress,? go edge 10 or z-spark.
    comparatively, edge 10 will be a more head heavy racket to z-spark.

I feel apac "clone" racket handle similiar to yonex racket, the only inferior part is the higher amount of vibration you get in each stroke.

but the plus point is, it is cheap and durable. so dont worry about crashes and high tension of stringing. JUST WHACK!!!!

now my yonex nanospeed 8000 is just sitting in my bag. seldom get a chance to feel the warmth of a shuttle.... haha

14. neogenesus

neogenesus Regular Member

student
    My Nano 900 Power performs very well in defense. It is 4U and it is very maneuverable and I can return it to the baseline. I have tried the Yonex AT900T and I can say that the nano 900 power performs almost the same with the real thing. The only noticeable difference is that the AT900T has more solid feeling when hitting the birdie, for the price ($2xx vs $4x) I can't complain :D.

15. pk_volt

pk_volt Regular Member

Anyone know where I can buy the Apac PU Super grip?

It came with my raquet and I did a really good job wrapping one of them, but messed up the other. One of the grips seem to be "harder" than the other for some reason.

Apacscanada has a box of 30, but I don't want to buy that many!

16. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member

Try splitting the box of 30 with friends, it's really dirt cheap lol

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

yeah if the box cost $50 keep ten for example and sell the rest at $3 each and you make a profit of $10 !!!!! And have ten grips practacally free !

18. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Has anyone try the Tantrum 160 ? not heard much about this racket and it suppose to be one of the best apacs

19. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    For me, I am not a big fan of the clone range , I am only interested in those developed by apacs because they are as good/better than Yonex's top range . anyone selling Tantrum 200 in uk by any chance , is out of stock at apacs-sport uk ?

20. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member