VOLTRIC 7 or 5 or above

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by caspiali, Apr 3, 2011.

1. justinloong

justinloong Regular Member

May I ask why did you choose the VT5 instead of the VT7? Is it because the VT5 is heavier and you like heavier racquets?

Yes, it's a very subtle bulge. Hardly noticeable. :cool:

2. fiish

fiish Regular Member

Engineer
    From Paul's review on badminton-coach.co.uk, he gave both 5 stars and said the two had very little difference between them. VT5 is cheaper than VT7, therefore I chose VT5 :)

3. amitsatpathy

amitsatpathy Regular Member

Systems Consultant
    Hi Everyone,

My VT 7 has taken some bad hits in the hand of my friend, which peeled of the paint at the trivoltage written black region at 10 O' Clock the red paint beneath the black paint is visible post the peeling.

In another case the hit was real bad and the racquet bone was visible :) i.e. the metal frame inside. But it still stands strong with even less than .5mm bend to the head (frame). I do not know about the VT 5 though.

#23 amitsatpathy, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    VT7 frame is from graphite

5. amitsatpathy

amitsatpathy Regular Member

Systems Consultant
    Its made of HM graphite and the look is like any standard metal when peeled off completely. :)

6. justinloong

justinloong Regular Member

Good choice! :cool:
    I'll purchase a VT5 this weekend to try it out. ;)

7. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    what a bout you? what do you think of VT5? review a bit... since no pro in this forum wish to try low-end racket.. hehe

8. fiish

fiish Regular Member

Engineer
    Sure thing. I need to spend some time playing with it first, though :) Where I usually play on weekdays is closed for maintenance and I'll need to wait until the weekend.

9. fiish

fiish Regular Member

Engineer
    OK, played a 2 hour session today using just the VT5, nylon shuttles. The turnout was a bit unusual in that the less experienced players didn't come and I was the only beginner, playing with much more advanced players this time. Something like a trial of fire, and I've been roasted today :) Just to provide a bit of context for the first impression review.

Mine was strung with BG80 at 22lbs, same as the Arcsaber. Medium flex meant it was not too demanding on my arm. What was obvious was the overhead power shots, both clears and smashes. It was much easier for me to get more power into them yet I did not find playing the shots as tiring. It feels like an AT800DE I borrowed once. It might just be the head heavy balance, as this is really my first head heavy racquet.

My defence technique is not good and defending with the VT5 didn't feel easier than with the Arc008. I was facing more venomous smashes than I usually do though.

I had 3 clashes during the session and now there is a small chip at 2 o'clock. Not too bad for durability, I think, considering how thin the frame is (my Karakal's frame had double the thickness). I buy racquets to use to destruction, so am thinking less about resale value than how many years I can enjoy using this racquet.

In short, playing with the VT5 was a real pleasure. The racquet helped me a bit with power and was not more difficult to control than the Arcsaber. I think it suits me better than the Karakal MTEC-85 it replaced.

10. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    will vt7 be ok at 25lbs? I plan on stringing at 25-27 or 24-26 with bg80

11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
  12. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    Read both your reviews already Paul. And it makes it even harder to choose between them :p

You mentioned on your blogs both warranty tensions max out at 24lbs, does that mean 24 main - 25/26 cross? I would like to string them at 25-27

I'm gonna buy one to mess about with for around 550HKD, which is about 44 squid. Vt5 is 5 quid cheaper here.

13. ran495

ran495 Regular Member

i agree. since they're both similar, i really cant find any solid justification to choose one over the other.

14. vile10

vile10 Regular Member

tried out the vt-5 last night, not used to it yet, head really heavy (i know it says so on the description) maybe i need to play more with it to make any comment

15. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    I have the voltric 70 (2010 model) i got it for 2500 pesos in the phillipines equivalant to 57.65 right now current to exchange rates. You see this is a extreme bargain i already know its real i have checked yonexs website and everything. It it is slightly headheavy with a medium flex shaft. I love it because before i had this i had a nano 100 yonex strung at 22 with black knight. I thought my smashes were decent for a head light racket. with this being a headheavy i felt like my smashing power folded over many times. And the tri voltage system yonex devised is pretty beast. I can do everything that my nano did and can smash super hard. MY vt70 is strung with karkal string @ 28lbs. It is everything ive dreamed in a racket. I couldnt ask for anything better (except for a vt80 lol)

16. ran495

ran495 Regular Member

dude whered you get it? im from the phil too!!!

17. ran495

ran495 Regular Member

i mean im currently in the phil and want to get this racket

18. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    i got it from my coach hee in laguna

19. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    im from the phil too btw

20. ran495

ran495 Regular Member

i just got me a VT5 this morning and i cant wait to have it strung this afternoon and tested tom. I'm thinking of having it strung with BG65ti or NBG98. What do you guys think? tension will most definitely be 23-24.