Yonex Nanoray 700 FX / 700 RP (NR700FX / NR700RP)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by demolidor, Jun 30, 2011.

1. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I'm looking for a fast doubles racket...so maybe I should wait for the NR900 then. Good thing it's next year so I can save up for it. :)

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Seeing as they never do a big release at Malaysian or Korean Open and the 9000 came out a year after the 8000, an NR800 perhaps with NanoPreme shaft is a more likely Feb/March release candidate (VT80?) like the 8000 was as well (March/April 2005). The NR500 is slated for mid December, "in time" for MO/KO ...
    Just bumped into the RRP in €: 179,95 (store price €139,95) for the 700's (and some highres versions of the total shot catalogue pics :p) ... but let's make the cloner fakers work a little harder.

#82 demolidor, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    freewilly likes this.
  3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

If they use the same frame construction as the VT80 on the top-end Nanorays I will be a very happy camper - the VT80 hoop is ridiculously strong. The Nanopreme... my jury's still out - it may have caused that "jerkiness" in the VT80 swing (but I was very taken with the thin shaft).

4. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    Yonex Racket Chart

%BF%E4~1.jpg

5. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Don't need it. Why would I care about Nanopreme when I'm packing toughlex. Sorry, did I say toughlex? I meant, TOUGHLEX!!! This thread is funny, nobody can understand "Ray" but "Toughlex" gets a free pass? :confused:

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

New racket for the japan open 2011?;)

7. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

bottom far right corner is what I need 

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Tough luck.
    Nanopreme is SUPREME. Toughlex is for tough legs only. If you ain't got tough legs, you can't use the Nanorays with Toughlex.
    Besides, Yonex needs to issue a dictionary with pronounciation guide. How do you say "toughlex?"
    Is it "too lecks"
    or is it "tuff lecks"
    or is it something else?
    We need to be very clear about what we are buying into.

With Nanopreme, there is no such confusion. We go to the counter and order "the stuff that Chong Wei uses." Simple.

Now, if as you claim, no one understands "Toughlex" it's because "Toughlex" is a very complex thing. Toughlex probably requires more compassion, patience and understanding on your part than Nanopreme ever did. In his lifetime, Einstein never fully understood Toughlex; how can you expect to?

I hope this answers your question... and yes, you're welcome... :p

9. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

2300 post in one year. Do you actually play badminton?

Oh, and the question was about Toughlex relative to RAY not Nanopreme (which could be confused with Neopreme).

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    What? What? Thundering Typhoons! Are you challenging me to a match???
    Actually, been there, etc... now, I'll leave all the hard work for you chaps... I'll just sit back and pass judgement... :p

You mean Neoprene. And you wanted to know, I quote, "Why would I care about Nanopreme when I'm packing toughlex."
    Tch tch...

In any case, there isn't a Nano Ray of hope I'm going to buy one of these headlight, re-conditioned sissy flyswatters. Accented in bold in case you miss the point - again! :D:D:D

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    cough.

gentlemen... :mad: :cool:

12. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    Ah, just to get back to Toughlex, its apparently derived from YY's Tennis section... if you look over at the tennis technology section, or even google Toughlex, you'll find that it has flexibility and durability. Not quite sure how it differs from Nanopreme or even X-fullerene. More marketing gimmerick? Probably.

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Roughly speaking I'd say Toughlex is geared more towards control and hold whilst the other two are more geared towards repulsion of which NanoPreme has more flex ability and is perhaps therefore best suited for the shaft. Also Toughlex was first introduced to the badminton line in the ARC9FL ...
    Susprised you couldn't find the difference between Toughlex and X-Fullerene even by just reading the tech descriptions?
    Was kinda expecting the 700FX would take the 7700's spot on the chart but guess it needs a more flexible shaft even

#93 demolidor, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  14. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Just looking at that launch poster for the nanoray... anyone seen the movie speed racer??

Anyway sure all the control players will be happy with it once the range develops.

Wonder if we take the Voltric Range as an example VT-70 then shortly after VT-80 people should hold off for the improved next new and improved version??

Which pros do you see downing tools and picking these up for the Japan Super Series event?

Im lucky enough to be going in September so i will keep my eyes open.

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

IIRC the NS7000 and NS8000 were released togther, with the NS9000S and X coming a few month later. I'm curious to see if either or both of the NR700s are seen in pro hands at the JO - I can't recall anybody using the NS7000 when the NS8000 was available.

Japanese WD team using them would be a safe bet, but I can't really envision any others.

16. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    s'pose it will be all about how they handle, with few/if any players currently on the nanospeed range it would be a more challenging transition to become nanoray'ed

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I think you can bet on that but rather than calling it the new and improved 700 it is simply a whole different spot to fill on the chart (well I guess you could call the Nanopreme introduction quite the improvement).

Since this forum is quite the archive ;) here is the NS timeline:
    2004 Q3: NS7000 (debut NS series)
    2005 Q1: NS8000 (I guess borderline Q1, more Q2 since Japan Open 2005 was still in April back then only switching to Q3 in 2006))
    2005 Q3: NS6000
    2006 Q1: NS9000S/X (German Open debut, January 2006)
    2006 Q3: NS7700

7000 sales couldn't have been that bad. They practically sold out two colourways :p;)(no idea actually :D but fact is they are on their 3rd paintjob and remember it was used by quite a few of the JP ladies and I can think of a few more local ones)

#97 demolidor, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  18. brianlg

brianlg Regular Member

student
    any more info on release dates or price?

19. devilkupo

devilkupo Regular Member

student
    I bet Tan Boon Heong is going to switch his racket to this Nanoray 700 RP haha

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

He went from a NS9900 to a Voltric 70 to a Ti-10 III, so it looks as though he can play with anything;).