Victor SuperWaves 35 vs Meteor X80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by LD rules!, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    You just get a psychological edge from the SW35, that's all, and it suits your style. Don't make it out to be more than it is.

It's also the first time I think I've heard JJS be called 'an average joe'. With his partner LYD and wielding an MX80, they've won two big tournaments in two weeks.

Such an 'average joe' racket :rolleyes:

2. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

average joe he means by the ones that go out and buy the most expensive racket there is, just becoz :p "coff coff"

mx80 is way to stiff for an average joe to handle at an optimum level, you wont be able to release your best smash out of it just like an average joe cant handle a racket strung at pro level.

plus i do think the qualify check for pro racket might be slightly better than us retail buyers :p

3. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Purchase of the month, or should I say 5th anniversary gift(s) from my gf :D

[​IMG]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mizivin...in/photostream

Love the way both play, each has unique and different characteristics for different gameplay. Both are certainly very good rackets.

Now, gotta think what to buy for her then :D:D:D

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    @ mizivincible: Congrats to your new rackets. I think you will put down you VT80 for a while.;)

BTW: Nice shots.

5. hawkeye96

hawkeye96 Regular Member

which one mode stiff & head heavy (base on your experience not from the spec)?

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    @hawkeye96

I own both rackets and would rate the SW35 as stiff and MX80 as stiff+. The MX80 feels slightly head heavy and and the SW35 a little bit more head heavy.

Moderate stiffness is hardly to define. Making own experiences is the best way.

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I agree 100% with this summary of specs.:)

8. visor

visor Regular Member

So how's the maneuverability, racket speed and defense compare between the 2 rackets?

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    @visor

The racket speed of the MX80 is a tiny faster if you do overhead strokes compared to the SW35. But hardly noticeable.
    At defense the MX80 feels quicker and the weight in the head seems to be reduced. I got the impression that it is easier too move around. At performance the feeling of both rackets is not very different and the result in terms of defense is minimal. I would say that I cover more hard smashs from my opponets with the MX80 but this doesn't mean that the SW35 is slow and sluggish. I estimate I returned more smashs with the MX80. But only around 5 %.

10. Marpan

Marpan Regular Member

After my weekend's tournament, I have decided to keep using SW35s and hang up my MX80s for good. I am a bit disappointed that MX80 did not perform like the SW35....expecially when I spent the last two (2) weeks only using MX80....

Oh well, I guess Victor is trying to replace something that is perfect (SW35) and they are just not quite there yet. I wonder if Victor actually made the shaft length of MX80 the same as SW35 would it make any difference.???

We will never know...

11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The MX80 is not a replacement for the SW35! It's a completely different handling and feeling racket, so if ANYONE buys it looking for a replacement for an already beloved SW35, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

12. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    Hi All,
    Can anyone compare the stiffness of MX80 and SW35 with Yonex racket?

I've try NS9900, Ti10 Purple, AT700 NC, MP33.

Thank you

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @Rocker
    IMO, MX80 slightly feel like Arc 10. If you could find an arc 10, it is best to give it a try, to give you initial impression of MX80.
    MX80 is slightly flexible IMO and easier to handle as compared to arc 10, although arc 10 itself is also a forgiving racket...

SW35...erm.. i have used it few times, i don't really like it.i just find nothing so special about it. maybe it is just me... i don't know..

If you are in the consideration to buy between MX80 or SW 35, then surely MX80 is your way to go... it attacks as well as it defends, although it is not as fast as NS9900

14. visor

visor Regular Member

^^^ Huh? No way mx80 is more flexy than arc10. Mx80 is one of the stiffest racket around, stiffer than all of Yonex rackets other than possibly ns90000x.

15. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @visor

I have used 2 different MX80.. in my opinion it is still stiff but more flexible than arc 10...

16. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    I'm a bs11 and bs12 user. Went to a shop today and feel the swing it's really nice!!!! I always assume mx80 would feel heavy and I was wrong! Do you guys think as a bs11 and bs12 user can adapt this mx80??? Btw very hard searching a used mx80 :-(

17. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    @Visor & Licin
    I plan to buy head heavy racket with good maneuverability. I think these two rackets have that criteria.
    But I don't like super stiff shaft. I'm OK with Ti10, but I don't like NS9900.

18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Never ever. I don't agree. Compared to the stiffness of MX80 the Arc10 is midflex to mid stiff.

I don't agree with your statement that the MX80 is easier to use compared to Arc10, too. You need a strong wrist and fast armswing to wield and get the full potential of the MX80.

And with your statement that you didn't find anything special on the SW35, I also disagree. Everyone has the right for an opinion, but you told us in three acts that you have a bad taste and and not much experience with these rackets.

Are you a Yonex employer? :p

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    haha.. no2 i am not Yonex employer nor employee

Yup I agree, everyone has their own opinion, we have to respect it..

That's why i said, it is based on my opinion when i play with those rackets..everyone might have different views which sometimes also contradicting each others, i am okay with it.. that's why we are in this forum mate...

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Well in my opinion, head heavy racket which also good in maneuverability is Meteor X80...Arc 10 may work as well, but MX80 just slightly better if you bring maneuverability into the picture.