Motivated & Passionate about training, please take a look.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by MotivatedP, Nov 27, 2011.

1. MotivatedP

MotivatedP New Member

Student
    Hi , I just recently turned 17 about a few weeks ago. I've been playing badminton ever since I was 9-10 years old back in Thailand , I had coaching for a year or so until I moved to Canada. Took a year off and then I started playing clubs but I never got any training. Last year I started going to camps and such and I've discovered that this is what i'm really passionate about , I would say I'm at the advance/intermediate level. I'm about to start to play at tournaments and such , I'm also a hard worker and I'm passionate about this , my question is , is it too late for me to hope to play nationally at this age?

Thank you for your time
    -Pete

2. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

have not seen u play b4..

have u ask yr coach or clubs..or school... on this?

start from school level before going to state n then national..

good luck...

3. jajvirta

jajvirta Regular Member

Programmer
    I don't think you should worry whether it is too late to achieve any particular goal. There is no other way to find out what you are able to achieve than by trying as hard as you can.

The first approximation is that it's not too late. You can refine this estimation as you progress.

4. MotivatedP

MotivatedP New Member

Student
    I do play in school level and I'm A flight in singles My peers do compliment that I'm good and such. Thank you for your kind words , I'm gonna do as you say and try my best and give it my all.

5. joshyedward

joshyedward New Member

I've been playing for 6 years, but I have only got into badminton seriously the last 2 years. I'm only a year younger at 16, and as long as you remain inspired and motivated, if you put the effort in you WILL ACHIEVE!! currently badminton is my life, training at least 4 hours a day, fitness at the gym everyday, and lots of hard work. My aim is to get to national standard - after serious hours and hours of hard work, my aim is getting closer by the day!! Good luck and as long as you are passionate about badders, and hard working you can get there!!!

6. MotivatedP

MotivatedP New Member

Student
    Thank you so much , it's good to know that there's someone that feels the same way I do , and it is in the same situation of getting older. I'm going to work very hard every day , I'm about to start private lesson at "Lee's badminton" here in Canada , so hopefully it'll help me improve quite a bit.

7. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    anyway, u r still young... :) u still havent reach ur peak yet... so dont give up... i've wasted 4-5 years of my playing times due to injuries... well, for my age, i know i wouldnt be able to fulfill my dream, but i dont mind to improve on my skill (even if i cant match the fitness of the youngsters :)) ... so, keep on training k... it's not too late for u ... :)

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    coaches at Lee's will be able to make a much more accurate assessment on what you can ultimately achieve in your badminton career, be it just competitive recreational, regional competitive, or national/international competitive.

it is a good step to move on to private training.

good luck.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Lee's?

From what I hear, it's a well organized setup.

If you are worried about age and playing internationally, then having a chat with Andy Lam would probably be helpful.

10. MotivatedP

MotivatedP New Member

Student
    Oh i see , it is a good choice then! They're opening up a new facility soon which is close to where I live , so hopefully I can train more and improve! Thanks for your response!

Who is Andy Lam?