Please play seriously in malaysia, lin dan

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by Miqilin7, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Assuming Lin Dan could read this thread, he knows very well that another walkover and defeat on purpose to an unseeded player will put him in an unfavourable position. With the draw he is currently placed together with Chen Jin on the same half, there's no reason why we shouldn't expect him to lose on purpose or concede walkover to let Chen Jin through?

Chen Jin ffs, we had enough of you being constantly fed by Lin Dan's shameful acts and please Lin Dan play seriously in Malaysia because another wrong move you make especially in Malaysia is gonna give you a very bad name as the most hated badminton player in the world.

It's gonna turn ugly when that happens we'll see how the media explodes this controversy out of the proportion.

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

if Lin Dan truely play serious, I bet he will give his opponent under 5 points each set game or worse...
    (e.g 21-0, 21-0)

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    What is the point here? If he does not play well or is motivated for Malaysian Open, it is probably more Malaysian Opens fault than LDs.. Lets say the set a prizemoney for Mens singels winner to 3 Million Ringgit, and 300.000 to runner-up.. I am pretty sure he would play "serious"..

You tell me what big incentive do you think Malaysian Open gives to Lin Dan to be serious? Is it even fair to DEMAND that players should be serious if the money and prestige for a tournament really isn't there?

/T

4. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    Super Dan. Suit with his name. =) I love to watch his game. Especially against LCW.

5. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    The new season 2012 will see better promotion of the sport through sponsorship and rise in prize money with better publicity. We all know every tournament is put in a better light every year to attract the best players from the world to play. However my point is Lin Dan has never tried his best to show his true colour since losing to LCW twice on Kuala Lumpur ground consecutively.

It will be a big news if LCW is denied an eighth title should the Chinese side this time played to their full strength plus LCW's confidence will be completely shattered by the defeat in front of the crowd. Too bad this pest Chen Jin has to stand in Lin Dan's way to enter the final, so either Lin Dan is gonna lose to Pablo Abian on purpose in the first round or maybe to Wong Wing Ki again just to let Chen Jin advance easily and controversially.

Also, Lin Dan will never hold back in Korea Opens because he likes to take a piss at Koreans after the 2008 incident. Additionally, the tournament is a very meaningful event for him since it's the first senior title which he won back in 2002. Well, that's how i see it on paper. We can only hope that Lin Dan doesn't pull a stunt like that again, another one of those will bring more shame to himself and the Chinese side.

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Sorry guys, I am Chen Jin hater. He has took away a couple of titles from Lin Dan just to see him through the next Olympics. I think it's not too late for the BWF to repeat the same qualification format as of in Athens 2004 where three players from similar country are allowed to participate.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    are this 1st time china send full strength squad in ms?

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Its also $75.000 in Mens-singles Korea. 2nd gets more in Korea than Winner in Malaysia.

I personally think it is a HUGE problem for our sport that only 8% of the pricemoney goes to the Mens-singles winner of each tournament!!

9. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Under LYB, does LD and the rest of the Chinese players even have a say in when they should play seriously (or when should they help a teammate, etc)?

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    should say
    not easy to please any badminton fans(maybe except china supporter) in the world after he had drank some cold water
    toe nail pain
    lol

11. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I will give you a good reason. It is for sportsmanship sake. All players are expected to perform their best for the fans, sport and respect for the other competitors. Something that is lost on many peoples reasoning nowadays. Money seems to be the only driver. Yeah Lin Dan is the best etc etc but he lost the respect of so many fans for his unsportmanship behaviour.

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    No one is simply able to play his best game every-time. In theory everyone should try to peak everytime and give it all in every game.. But after all even the best athletes are humans.

You could actually turn it around, and ask why LCW plays worse when he is not on home soil with homecrowd backing up.. even these factors with a big cheering crowd, playing at home etc are BIG "drivers".. Motivation will always play a key role..

And most Professionals play badminton to earn a living, and thus ranking, prizemoney, and majors is important to them..

And I cannot really see why we think money should not be a driver for them whenmost of us wants a big paycheck at work, and would not be very motivated to work extra hours without extra pay..

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah
    the whole world need to take responsibility that lin dan cant play his best in any not good money award tournament
    world championship must have paying millions to him,hehe!

14. winnie-kid

winnie-kid Regular Member

college student
    I can totally understand what you think.Actually,I used to feel disappointed about his quit too,but today, after I had read about some articles and had a second thought, I come to realize that it is not a problem of the player himself .In fact , in China,many great atheletes are longing for what they deserve on the court,which equate with their true abilities,say, Zhou Mi,Ye Zhaoying,even Lindan.However, because of some leaders' wills, most of players have to sacrifice and even suffer criticism from media and fans,however unwilling they are.So, as a fan, I respect all the athletes and deeply trust them,but meanwhile,feel pity about their being under such kind of mechanism.

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    :)
    But if LD does not play well, he will loose, and that is a "punishment" in itself..And of coure players will always loose face if "slacking".. But with low rankingpoints awarded, and low prizemoney, players will have less to loose by not performing to their best.

And with BWF even creating "negative incentives" for some players that would make them "heros" in their country by loosing so that a team member could et the ranking points and qualify for OG. I gets even worse.

16. LoveeYouu

LoveeYouu Regular Member

Student
    I think you forgotten about 2010 Thomas Cup which is held in Malaysia. I believe the 2010 Thomas Cup gives Lin Dan enough motivation to shows his best and he thrashed LCW in straight sets on a Kuala Lumpur ground.

17. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I will never forget how Lin Dan trounced LCW in that event. That was Thomas Cup we were talking about, not individual event. Lin Dan never imagined how easy the game would turn out to be and soon realised weight of the pressure Lee Chong Wei has to carry above him. In Malaysia Open in particular, no Chinese man has even snatched the title away from Lee Chong Wei since the under-achiever Chen Hong, the only person who managed to upset Lee Chong Wei in his home debut final. Lin Dan personally should take this as a challenge and test himself against hostile crowds. Well who are we to tell Lin Dan or CBA what to do. With the draw turned out to be like that, Malaysians will not be treated with another classic final. Chen Jin is so hopeless and still bears crutches of Lin Dan and Chen Long

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    bao chun lai beat lcw in 2007 mas open
    yawn

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    But he didn't win eventually....

20. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Why LD should consider this as a meaningful challenge? Why he should please Malaysians by treating them such a final instead of pleasing his own countrymen by sending CJ to OG12? Why a WR no.5. be denied of an OG place and need to squeeze into it via such way?