Doubles Racket Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Makkein, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Makkein

Makkein Regular Member

Hi all!I am having quite a huge dillema choosing a racket. Been researching for weeks now on and off the forums for the right racket.First off, I am a beginner+ (been playing on/off for about 4 years), 17y/o, now deciding to play badminton more seriously (cycling isnt really the most economic friendly hobby nowadays), and very keen on improving my game significantly.I am currently playing with a 'Talbot Torro Isopower 4250lite' stringed at I believe 24lbs. I tried to search the specs for this racket but, no hits, mainly because its an old (4-6yrs) racket i guess. Although it feels headheavy and it has a good flex on it (shaft inscription says 'Flexibility: High').On to the dillema. Although I like to power the racket generates, I feel like the control & manueverability is all over the place.I am looking for a better replacement, during my research I narrowed down a couple of rackets that I think may fill my dillema.*points that i considered in my search: good control, lil fast, some offensive prowess, good maneuverability and user friendliness.Victor Bravesword (09,10,12,15(?))Victor MX 60? (quite comparable to BS series, I heard the 60 is mid flex)Yonex Arcsaber (7,5dx,10)Lining (55,50ii)*Budget isnt really a problem * as long as I pick only one.*Valuable real-life input on which one should I pick would be really appreciated.:Also feel free to suggest other rackets.Thank you very much,Makkein

2. Makkein

Makkein Regular Member

What in the world, wheres all the spaces??

3. visor

visor Regular Member

lol! you must be typing this on an idevice... the forum software is dumb and doesnt' recognize the paragraph breaks...

4. visor

visor Regular Member

arc7 and bs11 would be a good start

both mid flex, balanced to slight head heavy

5. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

head heavy n medium flex
    VT 60
    head heavy n stiff flex
    VT 80
    even and medium flex
    Arcsaber 7
    even and stiff flex
    Arcsaber 10

Anyway, my advice is chose of rackets is very personal.. every1 may say A racket is good or the best... but u may not like it..

just go with what u like.. maybe see if u can try a few from your friends if they willingly to let u try. or else... buy a 2nd hand one...as it will be very much cheaper.. u can always resell it here if u find u dun like it.

6. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

hmm for good control, lil fast, some offensive prowess, good maneuverability and user friendliness i suggest a medium flex, balanced to slight head heaviness.

you can wait and try the MX60 or you can buy the BS12 or SW37 :D

7. Makkein

Makkein Regular Member

I would've opted-out on the Arc7(ugly as hell) till I found out there's a new design. What about the other BS series, what are you're thoughts on say, BS 12 or 09 (both are in the flex categ.)?

True, but all I can do is dryswing a couple of rackets. As for borrowing from friends, not alot of them play badminton and the ones that play has the cheaper Yonex range rackets. Buying second-hand is not bad, but for me I live (Edmonton) pretty far from Badminton hubs here in Canada (Vancouver/Toronto), but if they do ship, it would be nice.

8. Makkein

Makkein Regular Member

I cant really try it since no one sells victor rackets in my area. But its a cool looking racket though.

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I would go for Arc 7, the new design is catchy..It is quite flexy, even balance racket , and it is very forgiving..

10. zogun

zogun Regular Member

VFX Artist
    how about bs 10?

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    BS 10 is not that bad as well.. It swings faster than Arc 7.

12. Makkein

Makkein Regular Member

From what I've read the Braveswords are considerably swings faster than Arcsaber series(Z-slash might be an exception). But the BS 10 has a stiff shaft, or is it not?

13. visor

visor Regular Member

yah, bs10 stiff shaft may not be for beginners

bs series likely also not for beginner doubles as they chip very easily on clashes due to the sharper edge of the sword profile

the mx series from my experience withstands clashes better due to the sturdier octagonal profile, yet it's quite fast swinging still

so, i'd recommend mx70 or mx60 to you... which would be cheaper and better than arc7

14. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

The Nanospeed 9900 while you can still get it. Yonex's new Nanoray series seems to subscribe to the "thicker is better" school with more flex.

15. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

nanoray is thicker than nanospeed? just the bottom part of the frame right?

16. Makkein

Makkein Regular Member

I'm almost winks away from buying either the BS 15 or MX 60, just waiting for reviews. (the new Victor 2012 rackets just released..)

17. hokaro

hokaro Regular Member

IT
    I have been playing badminton for 17 years now, and I have had a wide range of rackets. I really don't think it should always be a Yonex! From Yonex I have now only one racket, NanoSpeed 7700. It is very good, and felt very comfortable to play with it and playing with it gave me a lot of playing self-confidence... But when I bought my first Head racket, I never played with my yonex anymore.... I bought a Head Helix 10000 and changed the string first to Nanogy 98 and later with BG80, and oyoyoyoi, this racket is very explosive with BG80, and I feel like a have a very good net play control. the frame is very thinner than Yonex NS 7700.
    Also, I can rocommend Li Ning rackets. They are just amazing. Not very easy to find them in europe though, not yet. A couple of my friends are sponsored by Li Ning and sometimes I play with their rackets, and I feel a jump in my game.

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    True, indeed... It is a matter of preference....