LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

bg80p?! bet ya most of the disconnected feel is due to that string...

put on zm67 or vs850, that should do it

and yep, i love that repulsive feel off the stringbed... must be due to the frame strength and design

2. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i agree with you 100%. may be people who like this feel, just look for this racket..i'm not. :rolleyes:

#1062 riffsuad, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    We are all looking forward for your review.. Seems Like VTZF vs VT80 & VT70 review is just around the corner...

Yes i do agree.. 3U Arc 10 is comparable to 4U VTZF

4. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Hmmm if is not much heavier, why 3U if given the choice again ? :) Juz wondering hahaha.
    Coz i've done a few dry swing with 3U before and is kinda taxing, momentum i guess.

5. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Learned this from stringing the ARC-ZS over and over again and damaged the paintwork of it. I finally solved it by putting a piece of string left from earlier strings at every overlap of the main string during main stringing. When I had to put the cross strings in the holes between the main strings, I can easily pull them aside and then remove these pieces. So I don't have to take the risk using any tools. Their may be other methods, but this works fine for me.

6. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    imo, cab50 got better swing and feel than vt-zf after got chance to try yesterday.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

By any chance was there any string on the racket and were any shuttles hit? Just asking...

8. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    ..no string actually, just dry swing at racket shop.

9. haroon77

haroon77 New Member

student
    vt zf

hello can any body tell me any source that deliver this racket to pakistan ..i want to buy some shoes strings a bag and voltric z force,,,,thnkssss

10. AimUk

AimUk Regular Member

Just about coping with my 3U. Actually felt like i'd been hitting feather shuttles against the wall non stop for an hour after my first evening session of training. Control with it is amazing, especially mid/ forecourt. I'm used to playing with a lethal 90 and I found the extra head heaviness wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. I', mark with my Apacs and I definitely noticed an increase in speed, drops are extremely good with this racquet, but I still feel I've got something missing from my game. Maybe it's because i'm a doubles player ;)

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3757/p1050059.jpg

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That's pretty much the standard method if you're stringing bottom-up - and by far the least risky. :) Using an awl to push the string aside you're almost guaranteed to slip at some point and peel away the paint and if you're unlucky some graphite as well...

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    With strings attached & a few strokes could make a huge different..

13. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I just don't feel like the 4u has the weight I expected (preference) I also haven't weighed it so I might have gotten closer to 80g then 85g

14. frezon

frezon Regular Member

Same feeling here. Having played with Arc 10, VT 80, SW 35, MX 80, all 3U, VT was the heaviest feeling racket to me. The first impression when holding my 3U ZF is that the feeling is even noticeably heavier comparing to the VT 80.

Personally, I don't like VT 80 a lot due to the shaft is not stiff enough, which can effect pushing shot's accuracy. Though with the same stiffness, Arc 10 gives me much better feeling. This might be due to the combination between head-heaviness and the stiffness (Arc 10 is less head heavy than VT 80).

So, the extra stiffness in ZF and the head heaviness of VT 80, a tad less air resistance... Uhmm... I think it is really potential...

Will try with it more before giving more specific comments on this new beast.

Cheers.

15. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

i've seen many pe0ple sells their VTZF due t0 reas0n c0uldn't tame this beast,
    me t0o..for 1st time i'm holding this racket, I can't keep it up with this racket, but you all should knows that taming a beast is impossible in a one day. so, for a people who wants to sells this racket, I think you should sticks with this racket a little bit longer. :)
    Right now, this is the best racket along with my VT80. XD

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Talking about taming the beast, just played 2 days in a row with this beast... and I can feel soreness in my triceps, of all places. Compared to the first day, on the second day my smashes were slower but defence and touch shots were great. Particularly, backhand serves and net play are very well easily controlled. I suppose the vs850 strings helped a bit. :)

17. ns9900

ns9900 Regular Member

finally gave in to the dark side of the force... :crying: as a user of vt80, vt80ltd and arc8dx (all 3ug5), here's my review of vtzf...

yes, vtzf is very head heavy, and very stiff. the head heaviness is the same as my vt80ltd, which is noticeably heavier than my vt80. stiffness of vtzf is slightly less than that of arc8dx, but considering that it is very head heavy, flexing it is a bit challenging compared to arc8dx. because you need enough head speed to flex it, therefore u need more forearm/wrist strength to overcome that head heaviness during initial swing. although both vtzf and arc8dx are extra stiff, they feel different when contacting the bird. arc8dx feels more "hollow" in the shaft, and vtzf feels more "solid". this is probably due to the very thin shaft of vtzf.

although the frame of vtzf is smaller, you won't feel it actually. hitting the sweetspot is not an issue if you already can constantly do it with your other rackets. :) as for better aerodynamism, yes, better than vt80. less lag due to air resistence.

power of this racket can only be harnessed, if you can overcome the head heaviness and extra stiffness. indeed, more power than vt80. i have never thought that vt80 is flexi, but my opinion changed when i switched back to vt80 after playing with vtzf for an hour or so... :cool:

to conclude, existing vt80 users shld be able to play with vtzf. but you may need some time to tune to the extra stiffness... if you can't handle vt80, then i suggest you stay away from vtzf. the above are just my opinion. remember, everybody plays differently, therefore feedbacks may differ as well. cheers! :)

#1077 ns9900, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  18. Aurora_

Aurora_ Regular Member

Totally agree with ns9900. The more I played, the more I feel the different between VT80 and ZF (both 3UG5). Both are very different racket. I am already missing the flex of VT80. VT80 is actually quite stiff, and like what ns9900 mention; once you tried VTZF, you get the idea of real stiffness with ZF.

My setup is like this:
    VT80: NGB98 @ 28lbs
    VTZF: BG80power @27 lbs

With VT80, the weight is very focus at the frame (because of the flex). With a fast wrist action (not necessary a powerful one), I can feel the weight resistance at the frame during swing initiation, and later on follow through.

VTZF, on the other hand, is very stiff. It hardly flex, so the weight resistance is more focus on the shaft. Drive was difficult, without the flex, couple with a hard string, I need to use more arm motion to generate the swing speed. It sort of mess up my backhand as well (can't flex it enough). A soft string (like bg66 or ngb98) would deal better

But VTZF is not all bad, because of the stiffness, with weight focus near the shaft, VTZF does generate more power. But clear was horrible, I need to put more speed in my swing to get that distance. Then again, I blame it on the hard string. :p (and partly due to my horribly slow swing)

Overall, VT80 has become the more friendlier and forgiving racket compared to VTZF. For better or worst, I am sticking to VTZF, retiring my VT80 to rest. Just so until I am able to tame it. :).

19. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Guys, if you want to tame this beast easier, then maybe you need to do some of my armchair exercises.

Go to the videos on my blog - they're free and see if these exercises help change your mind on this racquet.

I am still waiting to test Z Force. My retailer has still not received their ordr from Yonex, so I have to wait patiently for this to arrive.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

20. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

@paul

I'm looking forward to your review even though I already do have two of them. Please focus on one thing while playing doubles: Are you able to smash or flick your wrist fast enough to put the birdie of an very sharp and fast drive or smash defense to the ground? I think this is crucial for advanced doubles...

I've had one very occasion where I hit it just a little too long of the back-line ... something that would not have happen with my Arc10.