Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    So.....are there any MAS WS (national/independent) players that actually commited to be in this profession til' retirement?

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Rosman Razak new coach for Womens and mixed double department! Good choice? Bad choice?

[h=1]BAM name Rosman as women’s and mixed doubles head coach[/h]

KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) showed faith in the local coaches when they named Rosman Razak as the head coach for the women’s and mixed doubles in place of Indonesian Rexy Mainaky.
    Rexy, the former Olympic and world champion, quit after seven years with the BAM to take up an appointment as director of coaching with the Philippines BA.
    Yesterday, the BAM coaching and training committee, headed by Ng Chin Chai, named Rosman as the replacement with Jeremy Gan and Chong Kien Ling as his assistants. Jeremy will continue to focus on the mixed pair of Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying.
    “We chose Rosman based on his seniority and ability. He has served with the national team for a lone time and has worked with the players before.
    “We used these criteria to pick him,” said Chin Chai.
    Rosman had assisted Rexy when he was in charge of the women’s doubles players.
    “Rosman has the job until the end of the year when the contracts of the coaches are reviewed. Only then will we decide whether to change the coaching structure,” said Chin Chai.
    “We have no plans to engage any foreign coaches this year.”
    Chin Chai said Pang Cheh Chang and Jeremy would have other responsibilities as well.
    “Pang is helping out with the men’s doubles to prepare Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong for the Olympics. Jeremy also has a specific job to handle Peng Soon-Liu Ying, who have a realistic chance to win a medal at the Games,” he added.
    The committee also decided that five players will participate in a month-long selection trial for the national team. They are Tan Chee Tean and Goh Jian Hao (Kedah); Chew Huey Yan (Penang); and Amelia Anscelly, Soong Fie Choo (Sabah).

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    If not, I can't really blame them....

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I love the sardonic twist in this headline!

Koo-Tan surprise coach with defeat
    By K.M. Boopathy

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/koo-tan-surprise-coach-with-defeat-1.78550

Excerpts:

Men's doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her struggled to find words to explain Kien Keat-Boon Heong's defeat as he claimed his leading pair had prepared well for the tournament.

"Kien Keat-Boon Heong worked hard before the tournament and were in good condition and that's the reason I set them a semi-final target. It's hard to win matches now if a pair is too defensive but that could not be the only reason for their defeat," said Kim Her in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

"I just watched their match on TV and it's hard to conclude what transpired. I have to get a report from Pang (Cheh Chang) and find out what went wrong.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Very bad choice. Who is he? Is he good enough?

Ha ha..Never knew that seniority and length of time means he is the right person? If these are the criteria, God bless MAS badminton.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Same old story..these coaches never got tired. We, the fans already so bored with these kinds of excuses. Hey...please try something new.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    bam wont get any better before we get a BERSIH ,clean and fair selection for management post;)

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    When Rexy paired up KKK/TBH, they are young, fast, fearless and opponents are not prepared and not know how to play them. They are the king of MDs at that time. Now, with their confidence very low, older too, it is uphill to get back to their 2007's dominance and the opponents now have the added experience and better prepare to play them. TKR may have train them hard, hence setting a SF target, but maybe TKR overlook the opponents are better than them, train just as hard and hungry to win too. The fact they can't beat INA reserve pair tells us where they actually stands in world MD level. I still say, it is a huge mistake to 'force' Rexy to quit. If only KKK/TBH have listen and follow Rexy coaching, and remind themselves what got them to their 2007 success and not gotten big headed, they could have done very well. It needs a committed, dedicated and passionate champion who has won everything, to know how to train future champions. I can only think of Rexy and Park in that category. The CHN coaches are great too based on their success, but I like to see CHN coaches take a weak team like Japan or England and transform them into champions. That would be the litmus test.

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    That's a problem with many players, be it singles or doubles. The moment they win big, the problems start. Its like suddenly, they are in a world of their own, having too much time for themselves. Take a look at mak Hee chung & company, same case but more short lived :D

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    A bit of off the record here...In Canada, we have a ice hockey player named Wayne Gretzky, played 20 years and broke 61 records, Hockey News crowned him the best hockey player EVER. I came to Edmonton in 1978, and Gretzky came in 1979 and I have the priviledge of seeing him played for 10 years, the best hockey I have seen. Growing up in MAS, I hate hockey whenever our PE class played hockey and I would say, I have sore arm except when there were chicks playing then I am cured instantly:p But I would watch every hockey game that Gretzky played, exam or no exam, of course pay back time once the game was over and I had to hit the books till late at night.
    One interview with Gretzky, he said he trained like there was no tomorrow and he reminded himself it was hockey that brought him all these fame, hero worship and money (lots of it). That is, fame and money did not corrupt his head;)KKK/TBH have the skills, talents, all those tools...it only needs good coaching coaching and guidance, and someone who knows and proven how to coach to take them to win. If Rexy is not good to coach them despite having guide them to AG/AE gold and WC silver, SS wins....so, what gives now with Pang, Yoo and TKR, and all those HP (HP stands for 'high performance' but I rathe call it 'high paid' duds? These 2 chaps cannot even get pass the QF and worse losing to INA reserve team. So, Rexy took the fall, now who to take the fall now? or business as usual with another excuse to delay firing and cashing in the pay cheques.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Uncle, it's TKH. Tan Kim Her

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Aiya...sama-sama lah, H and R tiada difference:D

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    So you got a good example here even though off topic

but the point remains the same throughout all sports.

Yes, it's not only hard work that pays off,

players have to build a good relationships with the coaches/trainers.

There isn't a coach who does not want a good result for his or her player.

The problem is the players ain't giving them the total attention :p

And when it comes to having time for themselves

they will just forget everything like there is no tomorrow. :eek:

If they can't manage/follow a timetable given to them,

who can coach them :D

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Guess what...the Korean coach Yoo Yong Sung also decided to quit. All is definitely not well within BAM.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    it was a wise move afterall to leave bam
    and a stupid decision to join bam

16. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    wow......... ;) bunch of rascals. ;)

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday May 6, 2012
    Yong-sung quits as Malaysia’s doubles coach

JOHOR BARU: First it was Rexy Mainaky. Now it’s two-time Olympic silver medallist Yoo Yong-sung’s turn to unsettle the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) coaching set-up when he resigned as the country’s doubles coach.

Yesterday, BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai confirmed that the Korean had quit and would not be coaching the back-up players.
    Yong-sung’s bombshell came just a month after Olympic champion Rexy had quit to take up the Philippines’ national coaching director job although it was learnt that the Indonesian did not like the BAM coaching environment any more.

BAM hired Yong-sung in January on a six-month probation but the latter decided to resign after he seemed not too pleased about a discussion on his role and remuneration package upon his confirmation last week.

“He was confirmed after his probation and naturally, he wanted a promotion but we could not meet his demands,” said Chin Chai, who is also the BAM coaching and training chairman.
    “We sat down and discussed about it, but we could not meet halfway. After the discussion, Yong-sung tendered his resignation without giving any reasons.”

Over the past six months, Yong-sung had spent a month observing all the players and was given the task to assist Tan Kim Her and Pang Cheh Chang in handling several players – especially doubles duo Mak Hee Chun-Teo Kok Siang – but he has yet to prove his calibre as a coach.

When asked whether it was a blow for the BAM coaching set-up after losing two prominent coaches within a month and just before the London Olympic Games, Chin Chai said: “There is nothing much that we can do.
    “We don’t have control over people’s decisions.
    “We did not ask them to go but it’s their call.
    “In the case of Yong-sung, we just could not accommodate and meet his request.”
    With about 12 doubles players in the national team, there is an urgent need for the BAM to hire new doubles coaches to support Kim Her and Cheh Chang. Perhaps former international Razif Sidek is a candidate.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/5/6/sports/11241174.asp&sec=sports

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Ask Rosman to come back would be the immediate action :D

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    at a second
    i saw u wrote Rosmah

20. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach