Indonesia Open SSP 2012 - Semi Final

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Indonesia Open / Singapore Open 20' started by kwun, Jun 15, 2012.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It's damn hot over here waiting for the matches to start and I have to leave the house at 3.50pm local time.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Perhaps they need to check and repair the roof.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Everybody is free to express their views in agreement or disagreement, just no personal attacks. To quote Voltaire (attributed to him): “I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” But I repeat , no personal attacks,hey,we don't even know each other. Let's be more respectful, tolerant,patient and understanding with one another - this is just a badminton forum and we are all badminton lovers,not just fans. To put it into perspective,we live and share this planet which is under threat of extinction by global warming and nuclear holocaust.

The following article by a lady named Tertia says it beautifully, worth a read :-

[h=3]The ugly cloak of anonymity[/h]
    What is it about anonymity that brings out the worst in people? I don’t get it.
    I know that I am perhaps too honest sometimes, too public, too open and so I am probably not the best person to understand this, but I really do not get why people think they can be rude / hateful / spiteful / nasty / mean / just plain ugly if they think they can get away with it. What I want to know is, don’t they feel just a little bit bad? Do they have a conscience? When they go to sleep at night, do they feel at least a smattering of guilt for what they have done to others? How does being anonymous change who you really are? If you believe so strongly in your opinion / belief, then say it openly. Stand up and have the strength of your convictions. Be proud of who you are and what you have to say. The fact that you are hiding behind anonymity makes me think that either you are a coward, or deep down, you doubt what you have to say.
    There is an online support forum that I sometimes read. An infertility support forum. I don’t participate too often for obvious reasons, but I read, just in case there is someone I can reach out to and help / offer encouragement etc. This forum is set up in a way that allows people to post anonymously, with pretty much a guarantee that their identity will not be known. And people use this in the most spiteful of ways. They post their regular posts under their ‘known name or pseudonym and when they get pissed at someone or something, they post anonymously. They attack other people, say horrible things, be really mean… all because they can get away with it.
    I honesty don’t get it. I find it extremely cowardly and deceitful. It smacks of bullying. Of meanness. And it brings out the worst kind of pack mentality among others. It is so ugly. I would hate to ever be that ugly.
    Of course there are many occasions when being anonymous is absolutely acceptable and even preferable. There are times when knowing one’s real identity could be dangerous / embarrassing etc. Although I am very open and public, I do understand that many others choose not to be so open. That’s fine. My issue is with the people who spew hatred and ugliness towards others only because they can get away with it. My feeling is that if you feel that strongly about something, stand up and say it openly. Be proud of what you believe in. The hate comments, the slander and hate sites, the vicious attacks, belittling other people …… is that how you think it should be done?
    I wonder…. do these people have a conscience? Do you think they feel even slightly guilty about the distress they cause others? I can’t believe that they don’t. I know I am naïve, but I just find it impossible to believe that anyone could be so hateful to others and not feel at least a bit bad. But ok, I know I am Pollyanna sometimes.
    But then, if they don’t feel bad, let me ask this question: if it was done to them, would they feel hurt or upset? And if they still feel their behaviour is justifiable, let me ask another question: if someone had to do what you did to your daughter or son, how would you feel about it then?
    I was disappointed to see how on the forum I mentioned, a group of regular posters hid behind anonymity to attack a fellow regular poster. How the pack mentality came out when they realized they could get away with it. That’s not on. Really not on. This ugly veiled cloak of anonymity has facilitated a free-for-all vicious attack from people who don’t have the guts to stand and openly say what they really think. What a pity. And to think that it is supposed to be a support forum.
    Are you proud of yourself for making that woman feel **** about herself? Are you? Was it necessary to attack her in such a personal way? Even if you believe she is an ******* / wrong / whatever, do you really think you did the right thing? I don’t know. I don’t think being anonymous excuses you from basic human decency. I think you should be ashamed of yourself actually. I think you acted like a bunch of bullies who found a victim you could all kick while she was down.
    I see it all the time. Find a victim, someone who either rubs you up the wrong way, or does something that doesn’t fit into your definition of acceptable. Maybe even someone who you are a little jealous of, although you would never admit it, and publicly rip her to shreds while hiding behind your anonymity. Then sit back and watch while your fellow mean spirited cowards join in the feeding frenzy. Like a pack of hyenas picking at the bones of the befallen pray, cackling your evil laugh and congratulating yourself at yet another conquest. A hollow victory meant to inflate your sense of self worth. Sad.
    I find it very hard to understand. But mostly, I find it really sad that people like that exist out there.

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    but it is your ability to change and adapt (for the better) that really counts.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That guy who was banned recently,he wasn't the only one. Even before he joined this forum,there were a few others like him and they are still roaming freely and lurking somewhere.

Let's apply the Confucian variant of the Golden Mean and not be hypocritical about it.

Peace and Loving-kindness,everyone.:)

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    but some people will abuse and exploit others' peace, tolerance and loving-kindness to the fullest extent possible. What then?

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm,that isn't the exact description,hehe

then i hope tai-phoon will meet her in the final,hehe
    beat wx for the 3rd time(keep dreaming)

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

the draw date is 23/07/2012, i think they can name their replacements until a couple days before that

9. freakout89

freakout89 Regular Member

will KKK be serious this time? not a bad tournament for them as they proceed to the sf without much trouble

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    thanks for confirming, Alany.

11. freakout89

wsx is going to stay home right?

12. freakout89

boring KKK old habit defending

13. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    who will get crowd's support? ;)

14. freakout89

The Danes i think

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Whoever you are,point taken. That guy I was referring to do have his good points - he was consistent,courageous to the point of recklessness, colourful in his expressions,offers some highly interesting views, but he tends to ruffle too many feathers,step on too many toes, vociferous and caustic in his remarks,carelessly exposed himself to attacks and ridicule, otherwise he is quite an intelligent and knowledgeable chap who often livened up the atmosphere for better or for worse. I always believe what one wise man said that in the best of us there is some evil,in the worst of us some good - except for the enlightened ones. Still as a fellow human being I wish him all the best.:)

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just make sure you yourself are not guilty of it, as for those people they will get their just desserts sooner or later.

17. freakout89

defending, defending all the time :mad:

18. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The last two singles matches,will they be shown on TV, I wonder?

20. freakout89

KKK better retire after OG 12