Wang Shixian ( 王适娴 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're being modest, not only good at finding interesting stuff, I think your understanding of Mandarin is at least as good as mine if not better. Kindly try not to ask me to translate anymore stuff, grant me the free will to decide.:D

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    er, actually i can only understanding 33% of the Mandarin commentary of a badminton tourney by CCTV-5.

I will not ask you anymore. I will simply ask to decide on your own. :D

#502 pcll99, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry, I amended the word "biasness" which is a typo error - should be "bias" - to "favouritism", a better word I think.

4. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Cai Yun likes her very much like his own sister. Just like Fu Haifeng being extremely close to Majin because they played in the same club for so long. Fu Haifeng even let Majin babysit his son while he is playing on court.

Shows the bond is more and stronger than just friends.

5. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I remembered watching an interview of LD and XXF. XXF was thinking about quitting badminton and became a fashion model. It was LD who persuaded her to stay in badminton.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    here's WSX blogpost on 12 June 2012 (ie, on the eve of the Indonesian Open 2012)

你们知道,你们不知道

(2011-06-12 19:46)
    其实,我也只是个90年的小女孩。
    命运赋予了我更多的责任。
    你们知道的,是我现在的排名。
    你们知道的,是我的每场比赛。
    然而,你们不知道。
    还好,教练,队友,都很好
    还好,我很爱这个
    突然好想吃观前街的小吃。。。。

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6f0b58c30100r9g9.html

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

pcll99,you're tempting me again,luckily it's simple conversational Mandarin. Allow me to try my hand again at translating:

You know, You know not (the heading of her blogpost)

Actually, I'm just a post-90s little girl.
    Fate handed me a lot of responsibilities.
    What you know,is my present ranking.
    What you know,is my every competition.
    But then(yet), you don't know.
    Fortunately, coaches,teammates, are very good,
    Not bad, I love it.
    Suddenly crave to eat Guanqian street's light meals and snacks...

My comments: she sounded a bit melancholic before the INA Open'12 as she sensed the heavy burden of having to perform well at the tournament in view of her situation then.

Let me share an apt quotation :
    "Better by far that you should forget and smile / Than that you should remember and be sad"- Christina Rossetti

8. Wang Shi Xian

Wang Shi Xian New Member

atlets
    this wang shi xian my atlets favorits

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry,I beg your pardon,you're Wang Shi Xian ?:confused::p:):D

Just curious,nothing else.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A very warm welcome to you.:)

11. Wang Shi Xian

Wang Shi Xian New Member

atlets
    wang shixian is my superstars

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

well, she can try in another 4 years time... Train harder and comes back stronger, WSX!:)

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..and knock on wood she won't experience the same bad luck as Wang Lin (who probably would be a shoe-in for this yr's OG if not for her injury)..

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Lin's fate is similar to Simon Santoso's, two such talented players beset by injury problems,haiz.

I'd love to see Wang Lin make a great comeback,still only 23 years old(born 30th Mar 1989). Wang Shixian at 22 (born 13th Feb 1990) despite her OG qualification setback is more fortunate than her. Optimistically speaking,both of them have yet to realize their full potential, far from it. Hopefully,we'll get to see both of them re-asserting themselves soon.

15. repentedboy

student la
    Qualifying for the Olympics is out of reach for WL because CBA will never place full confidence in her to deliver with the injury permanently remain in her history record.

The best WL could ever do now is to do well in tournaments especially in the All England so she can be remembered as one of the best in the winners' history.

WSX still has plenty of chances up for grabs. However, her fate solely depends on the outcome of the Olympics. Should China fail or succeed, the restructuring and reshuffling of the squad will affect her greatly but dont know in what way. We will find out soon enough.

She has so many tournaments to look forward to:

World Championship Guangzhou 2013
    Asian Games Incheon 2014
    World Championship Copenhagen 2014
    World Championship ???? 2015
    Rio Olympics 20016 (she is only 26 years old by then)

....and many more to come.

Do not write her off yet. She has plenty of opportunities to shine in other singles tournaments. She has scrapped all gold from all major team events available in badminton, one of the first players to do in fact (AG, UC and SC).

Again, it depends on how China performs in London later .

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's moving to see you cherish WSX so much, together with that newly minted poster by the same name. :D Realistically speaking, WSX's problem isn't that insurmountable as it has been quite accurately identified as having to do with her technique specifically.

Ultimately,it's all up to her to muster the will and determination to do it, what with the resources available to her in CHN especially in the form of a certain genius coach,namely Grand Master Tang Xianhu. Adopting a new style of play isn't that difficult or rare as I've heard or read somewhere that Chen Yu and Sun Jun doing precisely just that in the past, cannot remember who changed from defensive to offensive player.

Do not,or more emphatically never,write WSX off yet - I'm with you all the way except that I'd like to say the same for Wang Lin too based on how I've seen her performed on the way to winning the 2010 WC. Another thing is I don't see how the London Olympics outcome can affect her much negatively or positively, as I believe it depends more on whether she can raise her game another level. Same as you, I wish to see WSX at least, better still WL as well, at Rio 2016. Cheers!:)

17. repentedboy

student la
    No it does. The outcome of this Olympics will define the ups and downs WSX is about to face in the next four years; good or bad. She can only wait and rest while the Olympics is over.

WL is the past now. But to see her coming back and winning tournaments is more than enough for fans to be happy about. Do not expect so much from her.

She has become a world champion; a title to be proud of and surprisingly CBA still treasures her as an asset to help other prominent players to push themselves to another level.

18. repentedboy

student la
    The possible scenarios after Olympics can involve WSX in many ways, also to Han Li and Chen Xiaojia.

What if China fails in WS? LYB could furiously command the whole team to be restructured and we will see a big change that could potentially rob them of their chances to prove themselves.

Another scenario is what if China wins; WSX could be sidelined as well because CBA will developed special programme to retain the form of the players who had experienced it and WSX will eventually fall out of favour like Jiang Yanjiao and Lu Lan.

I pity Jiang Yanjiao the most who has been used and abused like a tool throughout her career. This outcome will matter the most.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I wouldn't go so far as to say Jiang YJ "has been used and abused like a tool throughout her career." It just so happens that she is often eliminated by her more illustrious sisters in major international tournaments while she frequently and quite consistently knocks out the foreigners. Her handmaiden role is not so much foisted on her as brought upon by herself, unfortunate but true.

Who is to stop her from winning and rising to the top if she hasn't faltered time and again at the final hurdle? I'm sure CBA will be glad to have another star player like LXR.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Between Han Li and Chen Xiaojia, I'm more impressed with the latter, recalling how she pushed LXR in the Asia Badminton Championship early this year.

Han Li is not bad too but somehow I cannot forget how she was bested by Sung Ji Hyun in the KOR Open GPG '12 which at the same time also convinced me of Sung's promise as a rising threat to CHN WS.

Amateurish as I am, my opinion is formed based on how they played rather than the results or scorelines. Of course,the two of them are continually developing their game,my view of them could change over time.