Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Most likely as the WC and OG loss to LD was very marginal especially that WC.
    It could have gone either way.

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Fan out of the box (not think)

I don't get it, I just don't get it. Why must a LD fan always be a non-LCW fan? Or is it that pea-brained sized LD fans 'used' LD as their weapon to 'scream and shout' out sport profanities at LCW? I myself am a fan of both. It's possible. Most of the time, it's the fans who start this 'imaginary' war. It's not real. This illusion of 'war' between 2 badminton great is just in a Sony Playstation. Now the rivalry on the other hand, is good for the sport. Good sports rivalry. Not twisted, used as a warring tool and purported to be by these deranged fans likened to the football fans punching, trampling, spitting and running down the stadium walls. War mongers I call them. These fans have no peace in themselves, that is why they will always pick any sports heroes to fuel their warring agendas. They can even pick a carom playing hero and start a war if it suits them. For once, try to be a fan of both LCW and LD. Leave other personal issues aside. After all, isn't it that sports bring people together, not the other way around?

3. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    'Tis very hard to do. It is possible, as long as they don't meet each other in a match.
    Even harder if the said fan is actually a fan of the country of the athlete. Even MORE harder if the said fan is, well, a chauvinist. :rolleyes:

After all, "fan" is short of "fanatic". Sometimes, it's amazing to see what a "fanatic" can do, especially in this cyber world. You really think a [player A] fan could spout every possible insulting words about [player B] straight out in the face of his/her fan, in real life? Nope. In some extreme case, if s/he does that, there will be blood. ;)

4. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Most important is be a fan of the sport. That's enough. No need the additional craziness. This link below is already crazy enough as it is without the deranged fanatics. Do some of you love badminton like this? I bet some of us do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emv7eiFfCo8

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    me dislike both:p

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    This is too much.. The last one in this video is the topper..Lol :D:p

7. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Oh common, limsy, come out of the closet already.:D

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    why?everyone have their own like and dislike:p

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Very true... i myself am a big fan of LCW, LD, TH & PG. Each of players has their own characteristics, plus & minus. When there are clashes among them, i am just hoping each of them played at their very best and let us enjoy a high level of badminton.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    This is the problem.
    Badminton is so different from Tennis.
    When you see a badminton match, you ask which country the players are from then their names.
    When you see a tennis match, you ask what are the player's names first then the country they represent.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I remember how it goes if someone attacks INA players, INA fans more passionate than Msian fans, lol.:p

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star :

Chong Wei to pick and choose on overseas invites

KUALA LUMPUR: Several countries are dangling lucrative cash incentives to lure world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei to play in their local leagues but coach Tey Seu Bock does not want his player to bite more than he can chew.

For Seu Bock, the priority for the 30-year-old Chong Wei is the World Championships in Guangzhou in August.

Chong Wei will, however, play for Musica, a club spearheaded by former world champion Hariyanto Arbi in the Indonesian League which starts in Jakarta on Feb 2.

“Chong Wei will play for Musica but only for two matches. This will not disrupt his training. In fact, he will probably enjoy some high quality matches,” said Seu Bock.

Chong Wei’s participation in the China League will only take place after the World Championships.

There is also the lucrative US$1mil Indian Badminton League (IBL) in June. Chong Wei, however, has not made any decision on his participation.

“We have decided that the priority is the world meet and Chong Wei will only begin his participation in the China League after the completion of the championships.

“So far, he has not been entered for the IBL. Some of the leagues clash with Chong Wei’s tournament schedule and we do not want him to be overloaded with too many responsibilities,” said Seu Bock.

Chong Wei’s participation in the home and away Axiata Cup team championship has also not been confirmed. The first leg is in Kuala Lumpur from March 21-24.

Chong Wei has had a brilliant start to the year, picking up US$105,000 (RM315,000) for winning back-to-back Korean and Malaysian Opens. His next big tournament is the All-England in Birmingham from March 5-10. He is eyeing his third straight triumph in the world’s oldest badminton tournament.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2013/1/28/sports/12635926&sec=sports

#9192 nokh88, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  13. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    TSB, the coach, and LCW must plan the schedule with great care so that LCW could still play competitively for the next two years and the big one is the world championship.
    Playing in leagues is very taxing and we are talking not just the China league but now also the Indonesia and India leagues where LCW has been invited to play. The appearance fees are substantial and it is obviously very tempting.

14. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Why do you say playing in leagues is very taxing?
    I say his normal training is a lot lot more taxing.

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It's the travel to and from the matches that is taxing, distrupts training and any goals that TSB has for LCW's training. To play 1 match in a league in a foreign country requires at least 3 days out from Malaysia, possibly 4.

16. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Ok, so it is more of a disruption to his training than taxing.

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Very good statement. :) . Atleast now, they have planned to give him some liberty to choose his own decision. Afterall , he is a human being as well. Let him follow his mind .. That will definitely be a wise one of any kind of decision he has made so far. Go Datuk !!!.. We love your game always..:)

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Also, WMC is pregnant & should be giving birth sometime around WC, so if LCW wants to accompany his wife & newborn baby, he will only go for tournaments which are compulsory

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

20. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Hey no problem george@chongwei .... always a pleasure...

if you need anymore exciting badminton vids to watch... let me know...