Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

Really like the Bs LYD but i have some Trouble with the Production Variation:
    I own 4 of These rackets but they are completly different. Weight ist between 92 to 102 gr. All with the Same String and Same grip. The Balance is different too. Frome really Head Heavy to nearly Balanced, all in these 4. Hate that. I talked to my retailer and he said, it could Happen weithin Victor. Dependance all in production Factory and Date. Thats why i will replace in soon mayer Arc11. Hope Not to habe These Big tolerance

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yonex has the same variation in weight, so it's likely that it won't be better....

3. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

But then it doesn't make Sense to have more rackets of the same. but with the bs lyd it is extremly in Terms of differences. Could Not Imagine yonex or others have the same issue

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It does make sense - it's the same racket. But for normal customers, there's a certain variation in weight. Yonex has that, Victor has that, Li Ning has that....Victor might be a little worse than others (I got different Bs09s as well) but don't think Yonex or anyone else produces all rackets in a .5g weight range. The only difference might be a slightly tighter quality/weight control.
    Are all your rackets set up just the same? Identical string/tension, number and thickness of grips,.....?

If you want them to feel more alike, you can get some lead tape (Victor offers it pre-cut, called 'Powerizer') and apply a small amount to the lighter rackets' heads.
    It'll help even out the difference in feel - but be cautious! Even .5g can be felt very much, so there's no need to go with 2.5g or sth and it's actually risking damage to the shaft which might not stand up to the high weight.

Oh, and using a just slightly thinner grip on the lighter rackets might make them feel head heavier, too. Use the same number of grips as on the others, but apply with less overlap.

5. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

- all 4 with Same String and nearly Same tension
    - Same grip, 1.5 yonex overgrips
    - totally different feeling of BP....
    can't tolerate it. Feel like totally different rackets.

6. Krunc

Krunc Regular Member

Just want to know if this racquet is still in production and easy to find?

Thank you

7. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

8. melforge

melforge Regular Member

senior designer
    i like it white..looks elegant..hahahahaha

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Too heavy? What do you play with, then?? :confused:
    Having another testing session with it tomorrow. Dry, it's about the same as my Bs09...

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

*dry-swinging

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    This racket not bad.. 1 comment is stiffer than BS 9 .. , smashes more power

12. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

When LYD first came to Victor he used Brave Sword 9 right? So I assume the BS-LYD is just BS9 with different paint jobs. But now both LYD and his partner are using the Brave Sword 12. Why is that? If it's the newest Brave Sword maybe they're helping to advertise it?

If BS9 and BS-LYD are really one in the same, I'm going to just get BS9 to save some money. I'm tempted to get the BS12 just to try out as well. Such a difficult decision.. haha

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Bs09 and LYD are pretty different. Bs09 and 12 are in fact nearly the same as far as I can tell (considering weight variation, they might actually be just the same).
    LYD is stiffer and surprisingly just a tad head heavier than the Bs09 (although the balance indicated otherwise).

14. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

My opinions are identical to j4ckie's.
    BS09 is rather equal to BS12. BS09 and BS12 feel pretty balanced for me.
    BS LYD is head heavier. Not really heavy, but noticable head heavier for me.

Logically BS LYD should be more powerful, but I don't use it too often, because I don't like it too much. Therefore I can't comment this aspect.
    Probably it was only its design and all the hype of the racket why I've sold my VT80 for this racket :eek:

Actually I like BS12 more than BS LYD, sinced it's more balanced and faster during doubles. Very probably I'm not used to light head heavy rackets. I've noticed this when I was testing Victor's newest Light Fighter 7400. It's really light and really head heavy and really didn't match to me :p

But I've seen some skillful players in our country playing BS LYD in singles and doubles.

One thing is sure: It's not that fast as any other Braveswords, but it is still a Bravesword with its "cut-through-the-air" characteristic

#534 Accordaz, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. I didn't think it was that head heavy. Just a bit slower than my Bs09, which is on the lighter end of 3U...the stupid string made it impossible to feel anything really, so I can only say a bit about the swinging characteristics. It's faster than the N55II, about on par with the Arc11 - although to be fair it has a thinner grip, which makes rackets feel head heavier to me. I'll see if I have the time to swing it around some more on Thursday, but with a tournament on Saturday in mind I might want to concentrate on preparation.

Not having played with a Bs11 in a long time and never having touched a Bs15 I can't really say where it ranks in the Bs lineup concerning speed. It's slower than the 09/12 though, and probably the 10 as well (didn't compare yesterday).

16. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I also didn't state that BS LYD is really head heavy. But it is noticable head heavier ;) Not much, but noticable.
    It is slower than BS10 as well. It can be told by swinging only.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Sure can be - but only if pretty much everything is the same (grip, string, dry weight). Still, it's obviously a Bravesword, only few other rackets will surpass it in terms of speed (a couple Nanorays, some Babolats....no N-series Li Ning, I think).
    Comparing the Bs10 and LYD dry-swinging, there isn't much between them. The Bs10 has a much sharper sound through the air, perhaps because the head is about .3mm thinner (not the frame profile, but if you measure in line with the radius).

The LYD seems to be marginally slower. Would be very interested in getting one set up with my preferences, but I really doubt I'm allowed to peel of the factory grip :D

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

This is even a bigger No-Go than the "bending-racket-to-test-its-flexibility" :p

19. Ace_Everything

Ace_Everything Regular Member

Can anyone make a comparison of BSLYD and MX80? Or MX JJS

20. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The LYD and BS09 use a different mould. The 09 is thicker at the T, and without having the two in front of me, I think thicker everywhere. The LYD still uses the same slightly shorter head design though. The closest comparison for me for the BSLYD is the MX70 or maybe even the BS10.

Both the BS09 and LYD are not the BS12. The weighting and flexibility might be similar, but the 12 uses the 'standard' head design of the 10 and 11. The 12 I had felt weird - like all the weight was in the T - and it's BP was 288 making it way too headlight for me anyway so I never grew to like it.

The LYD is just a bizarre racket and an even more bizarre marketing plan, frankly.