Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

What do you mean by extra top cross? The MX frame has a very high top cross as it is!

2. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    no, the last cross is very low. im assuming your stringer has always strung the extra one without knowing the actual pattern

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    [MENTION=76286]blableblibloblu[/MENTION] I agree.

On the MX Pattern the last top cross at the top is at the last non shared hole section. But you can do 1 maybe 2 top cross extra through 2 holes which offer the size of a shared hole. I would do only one extra top cross. 2 would move the tie off more to the center of the top and makes weaving a bit tricky. I wouldn't recommend it. So only one will be enough but the option is given to do 2 extra.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, looks like he measured the cross too short and ran out of string. Victor rackets need more cross string than Yonex, and when you're doing a few rackets in a row it's easy to forget such things. Not that that's an excuse to deliver such a bad patched-up string job!

5. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I popped a main at the top on the official Victor pattern, definitely room for another cross/shuttle to get stuck. stupidest miss hit ever.

6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Okay, this string chit-chat is making me sleepy.

Who has a MX90 they can post a review of?

7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Sorry, Maklike Tier for boring you. ;). I think it's too early now for detailed reviews of the MX90. [MENTION=86581]Nauroa[/MENTION] hurry up, man. :p
    Does anybody know something more about the Jet Speed and can share?

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

test session roundup

Had a great meet-and-bash with Paul today and tried a few of the new(ish) Victors. Some broad impressions:

TK8000

In a word: reluctant. It's reasonably powerful when you get a good head start on a shot, but slow and lazy when you need angle (vertical or horizontal) from a short swing. Strong and stable for all this, though, and looks fantastic.

BS LHI

A really good all-rounder, put me in mind of the BS10. Fast frame offsets the tall balance.

BS12N (Ahmad's)

Right down the middle, the very definition of "anodyne". A very good "percentage" racket, but lacks that... sparkle.

MX JJS

Excellent. Hits very hard with any kind of swing, defends far better than the balance implies, and really responsive feel and control. A "letterboxed" MX80 - 10% less power, but 10% better at everything else.

TK6000 (4U)

Not in a million years did I expect a medium head heavy to be my favourite, but here it is. Ludicrously light in the hand, giving excellent manoeuvrability (despite its balance). It seems to defend on its own - you just point your hand vaguely in the direction of the shot and it's gone - and it gets some crazy angles from overheads. It doesn't have the beef of a 3U, but it gives you a better effort/power ratio than anything else we tried.

If the TK8000 can be called reluctant, the TK6000 can be called options - the sheer generosity of this racket opens up so many doors for creativity.

Paul has kindly lent me the JJS and TK6000 for testing at 32 lb, so these might get a more in-depth review in due course, and we have the MX90, TK9000 and others to look forward to later on.

#2728 Mark A, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  9. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I'm not at all jealous, honestly.

10. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Mark, nice reviews. Interested to know what strings are on the JJS. My tension preferences are quite similar to yours. I have two JJS's, one with VS850@31lb and the other with NBG99@30lb. I have to say I prefer the NBG99. It seems to suit the JJS very well.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Well... I am. :(

12. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=108229]Elisha[/MENTION]
    Looks like the TK6000 is calling to you... ;)

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

By weird coincidence, it's VS850 at 32 PS.

(The stringing is a quid pro quo: Paul tried one of my Pandas at 32 and loved it immediately, so he gets his rackets back at 32 minus six hours' play;)).

14. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Lol...maybe the TK9000 if the rumoured specs remain the same.

15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Indeed the paintjob of the TK9000 is gorgeous. But every Victor racket with the same specs, include the one of the same series play different.

Where is the review of the MX90? A few guys showed us the pictures to drop our jaws but are to lazy to share their experiences. :p

16. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I'm still waiting on MX90 and haven't a delivery date yet. i will check with Victor Europe again tomorrow.

Yes, it was a great session with Mark. An oh too rare occasion - we really need more as they are such fun. Both of us have similar thoughts on each racket although I got more from TK8000 than Mark, possibly due to my long history with head heavy rackets.

Without doubt TK6000 is the cream of the crop and I'm so looking forward to completing my review. This racket is sheer genius in terms of selection from Victor, choosing 4U over 3U. i had it strung at 25lbs in VS800 but feel it needs a livelier string like 850 to get even more from it.

And yes I tested one of Mark's current rackets strung at 32lbs and there was a noticeable difference in my power. I really can't wait to get these rackets back and give them another test.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

17. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Misters Stewart and Appleton are getting a little excited playing with all those new toys.
    What happened to the famed British reservedness? ;)

18. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=11783]Mark A[/MENTION]

TK6000 is so diametrically opposite in specs from your favourite very stiff head light rackets. What happened? :0

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He saw the light - finally! :D

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Believe me, the TK6000 should not have worked for me. But it did. Can't really do anything about it, just go with it:).

We'll see how it does in a game situation.

(By the way - me, reserved? I slammed the NR-ZSP, if you recall!)