Breaking!!Fischer,Pedersen,KamillaJuhl, Boe and Mogensen may not play 15 World Champs

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by lzhaol, Apr 17, 2015.

1. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Did you weigh yourself at the same time?
    I'm currently on a quest to cut weight for the summer (gotta get that 6 flab out for 6 packs :p)
    I gain pretty much 2 kg of weight from waking up by simply getting rehydrated and have a meal throughout the day.
    It's kind of amazing how much your body weight can fluctuate in one day.

2. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Fully reinstated no less.

4. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Looks like there was a successful negotiation process between the two parties :D

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    google translated text:

Badminton Denmark and the five players - Joachim Fischer, Carsten Mogensen, Mathias Boe, Chris Pedersen and Kamilla Rytter Juhl - is pleased to announce that it has found a solution that makes it possible to resume cooperation. This means that the players again take part in the team's activities including training, team competitions and individual competitions where Badminton Denmark is in charge of the derogations. The five players are all selected for the World Championships in Jakarta in August.

Henrik Parkhøi took the initiative to create a dialogue between the parties in order to find a solution to the conflict. The following weeks have been working intensively to find a solution, but it has also been important to ensure some future framework of cooperation that minimizes the risk of a potential new conflict.

- It's been no secret that the battle lines were drawn very sharply when I took the initiative for dialogue. So in addition to getting an overview of the various aspects of the conflict and look at possible solutions, it has been essential to establish a common understanding of how future cooperation to function, says Henrik Parkhøi.

The conflict is resolved by both parties recognize that they will live up to the applicable collective agreement and the individual team agreements concluded. At the same time, it is considered that there may be conflicts between personal appointments and team appointments.

It has established a basis for selling national team sponsorships for the coming years, making it possible for all players to participate.

- We are pleased to have the five players left. It is clear that we prefer that all our top players representing Denmark. We appreciate the efforts made by all parties to find a solution and we are naturally delighted with the role and the opportunities Henrik Parkhøi have submitted bids for this process. The important steps have been taken, and there are still some things that need to fall into place before we are back in full business, says Rene Toft, president of Badminton Denmark.

- We are pleased that we can again represent Denmark both for team championships and individual championships. At the same time it's nice to be able to focus 100 per cent. against playing badminton again - it is after all what we do best, says Joachim Fischer.

- It has taken some time to get used to the idea of ​​resuming cooperation. Now we are back and it also means that we will look forward. We all have a common goal and that is to win medals at the major championships, says Mathias Boe

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    not sure if anything is lost in translation, but it seems that Danisa won?

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That is a positive development and good news for Danish badminton as a whole and the five affected players in particular. Way to go!

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    body weight fluctuation is incredible. i have lost 3-4 lbs within the span of 2 day, and that's weighing myself consistently at the same time in the morning, after all the morning "business" and before any breakfast. the key to losing weight is to exercise consistently, and most importantly, control the diet. i have friends who put themselves in a triathlon training routine consisting of nearly 10 hours of exercise a week and lose no weight, and then started to realize they eat like crap and decided to eat healthily and then the weight start going away.

nobody wants to know that as most people believe they can burn off their food intake, and everybody love eating. reality is that even going out to bike for 100 miles one only burn around 3000-4000 calories, which is just a couple of meals.

9. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Preach it sister :D:D Abs are made in the kitchen!
    I'm cutting down my weight at a 1500 kcal per day for someone's who's 6 feet tall. Steadily losing about a lb a week with some cardio worked in.
    Trying to improve my fitness levels so it matches up to my skill level for badminton next season.

Nice to hear the danes are back, Denmark would be a real contender with the big boys at the surdirman cup.
    I do want to know more about the details like who compromised on what.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it sounds like they will keep the individual sponsorship but will have to abide with the team collective sponsorship for team events. that's my guess and only one that makes sense. even Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei have to wear LiNing/Victor during team events. that should be the norm. they just need to get new glasses to make sure they read their contract properly.

11. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

I thought Danisa has only signed sponsorship for this Sudirman cup only, thus far anyway, or did I miss something?

12. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

i saw Danisa' logo on Jorgensen's shirt at AE 15 so the sponsorship should belong term

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    here is the detail. basically, Danisa for the whole team in Sudirman Cup, and HKV & JoJ get individual sponsorship.

--

http://badmintondenmark.com/cms/default.aspx?clubid=3563&m=2132848&cmsid=133&pageid=1998

--

Badminton Denmark and Danish Specialty Foods extends cooperation Dato: 04-03-2015 16:23
    Publiceret af : Badminton Danmark
    It’s with great enthusiasm that Badminton Denmark can now present that we are expanding the cooperation with Danish Specialty Foods (DSF). This among others means that Denmark Open 2015 will be named Yonex Denmark Open presented by Danisa.

In the beginning of February we announced that the Danish players will have the cookie brand Danisa printed on their t-shirts during Sudirman Cup and we are now happy to announce that the cooperation has been developed even further. Badminton Denmark and DSF have made new agreements about Danisa.

- A title sponsorship which means that Denmark Open 2015 and the coming two years will be called Yonex Denmark Open presented by Danisa
    - A sponsorship of all the Danish national coaches
    - Furthermore there has been made individual agreements with Hans-Kristian Vittinghus and Jan Ø. Jørgensen.

The famous and world renowned butter cookies are very popular in Asia, and it has therefor been an obvious choice to use the Danish badminton stars as a way to present the product to the whole world.
    “It really pleases us that we already now can expend the partnership. Badminton is maybe the most popular sport in Asia and the Danish players are big stars, on the world stage, so it was the obvious choice for us to spread even further out to a market which we have a big focus on. After our first agreement we have only been confirmed that this is a very rewarding cooperation. We are really looking forward to work with Badminton Denmark in the future,” says Erik Bresling, CEO in DSF.
    The optimism is returned in Badminton Denmark.

“We really appreciate that DSF chooses to expand the cooperation with us. After the agreement about Sudirman Cup I hoped and believed that we could do more together, and of course I’m happy that it’s happening already now. It only confirms that there is a big possibility of exposure through our sport especially in Asia,” says René Toft, President in Badminton Denmark.

The Danish players who have made agreements with DSF are also pleased.

”We are really looking forward to the cooperation with DSF. Danisa is a very strong and positive brand and the impression of the company is very good. We hope and expect that both parts can create top results when working together,” says Mikkel Nissen, manager off Jan Ø. Jørgensen

14. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I hope the previous decision to exclude the 5 players was not pushed by the coaches. That would wreck the team's spirit.

15. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

I am surprised Axelson isn't included in the sponsorship

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

17. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Really??? Am pretty certain most Asian non-badminton fans have still not heard of Danisa; and an overwhelming majority of those who have only discovered its name during this controversy....

18. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    So JOJ is actually thinking that he'll have to share the cookies...[/QUOTE]

Cool Haircut.. Really nice instead of that pony tail.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that was the marketing department talking. :)

BINGO!! any publicity is good publicity. you just uncovered their evil plan. they knew it would boil down to this, and now everyone heard of Danisa.

20. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Thanks for confirmation,
    so yeah that's what I thought. So more like the issue has disappeared rather than a solution being reached. Looks like going as far as firing the 5 from the setup rather than just suspending them for the duration of the existing conflict(just 1 week @ sudirman) was just a game for publicity or hierarchy message purposes.

This is an interesting statement,
    "It has established a basis for selling national team sponsorships for the coming years, making it possible for all players to participate."
    Considering that statement and assuming the 5 are stuck in their kjeldsens contract for a few years, it will be interesting if next time Danisa want to sponsor the team, what will happen with regards to realising that statement.