2016 Syed Modi Int.Badminton Championships : Qualifying-FINALS (26th-31st January)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Master / Syed Modo International / Thaila' started by CLELY, Jan 25, 2016.

1. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Congrats Jordan and Debby

Sadly Ina has to rely on this pair now, since Towi and Lily havent solve whatever issues they have since late last year :(

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

No more surprises in finale as higher-ranked and favourites clinched the title despite battled hard to seal the victory, all rubber games except WD encounter that showed Jung/Shin dominated and controlled whole match. WS tie was the tighest which consumed 85 mins, a tiring duel between Sung JH v Sato while XD, MD and MS finals coincidentally spent exactly same duration 61 minutes.

Next, BWF GP Gold tour will shift to Bangkok next week ;)

3. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    And almost beat the IND's MS1 at his own home turf if not for the IND's linesman unjust interference.

4. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales

And conincidencely both the MD & MS Finals featured the home team India's participation, and for both matches the advantages and benefit in doubt were given to the home side, India. Are these called the home ground advantage?

5. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    We have to understand that India is a third world country, and in some other third world countries, national sport achievements are seems in the highest order and are attained in many unjust, unfair ways and methods with absolutely no sense of guilt and shame, not to even mention integrity.

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Please i request to control your emotions . Only one line call which provoked you to talk some rubbish against one of the fast developing countries !

You must be new to badminton ! . Otherwise , the examples which i posted before might have induced some sense in judging countries when talking about injustice and unfair ways . This is GPG level. Even though one line call is bad, we are taking liberty to talk obscene words on those countries. Countries like China and Korea are doing the same for ages. One such example is a match between Saina and Liu Xin , where Linejudges (Shall we call China as "third world country") of China were clearly in favour of Liu Xin (she was the only one standing in Semifinal at that time). There were 3 line calls given in favour of Liu Xin, which Saina challenged and won it. Thanks to Hawk eye system. 1 Line call is ok. How come 3 line calls against opponent?

Your complete explaination goes to that match alone !. I have so many examples . But i don't want to spoil this thread. Srikanth is simply superb and he destroyed Huang Yuxian in Malaysia Open 2016 in 2 straight games. Here he was leading in the second game and lost his script and patience. Otherwise, it would have been a straight game vicory. Cheers.:)

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Srikanth is a clear favourite. He already won Huang Yuxiang in Malaysia Open 2016 in straight games. If a player cries for one line call and loses the match, then he is not a player. I watched the match. Huang Yuxiang lags speed and power and smooth footwork. He is laboured. He worked very hard to win every point. No way he can beat Srikanth.

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Oh my my if that was the "Worst Line Call " EVER"" this is certainly "The Worst Post Ever"... I won't question your rights to protest an unjust call neither will I take away your privileges to post on this mindblowing forum, all you need to know is a better way to present your toughts!!
    You surely seems new to forum in case you are also new to sport in both the cases I welcome you with utter delight but always keep in mind to check the stats or atleast few instances before posting something extremely nation centred! Perhaps the " Third World Country" term is highly fancied for you by including which enhances your post lucratively that is immensely miscalculated!
    India is an advancing nation and I needn't brief you on that!! I'll allow the performances to speak their half
    If A sport, ops a tourney, or rather a stupid line call allows you to define an entire nation then I am afraid you need to take few add-on classes!!
    Also, as mentioned above if a player is so mentally unstable that a single line call which was well admitted and apologized by your opponent, shakes your belief in yourself you don't deserve to win a tourney!
    I am not taking anything away from Huang YX as well as from KS the gap was a major one and not a tight whiskery deuce. Huang was superb end route finale and also in g2 but a line call may made him to loose is a shere baseless comment !!

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    And I apologize for such a long post :p ;)

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I don't know why I get a feeling that they were absolutely relevant. It clearly enlighten the "refeerring errors" as blabl says from nations which are more technologically advanced and undoubtedly badminton powerhouses!!

11. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Reported. Hope Kwun takes some action.

12. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=15171]justin[/MENTION]_L

Bad line calls have happened at all levels in Badminton, from the Olympics, World Championships, Thomas/Uber cups, Super Series Premier, Super Series, GPG, GP and so on. This is not the first time and it won't be the last time. BWF can help reduce the problem by making hawk eye mandatory for all 6 courts not just TV courts or at least with countries which can support it.

It was unfortunate that it happened and we are not happy about it.
    Yuxiang had momentum in game 2 after erasing a 4 point deficit and that helped him win Game 2. Similarly, Srikanth had momentum after erasing a 5 point deficit which made Srikanth mentally stronger at the latter part of the match.

In 2010 Yuxiang H. was the better singles player but in 2016 Srikanth K. is the better player. Yuxiang was sidelined because of the focus on Lin Dan, Chen Jin, Du Pengyu and others. He now has an opportunity to progress from here.

Unknown or lesser ranked players beating or giving a tough fight to seeded players is not new. It is very common in all sports. I am sure you can give me many examples of this happening in badminton. In 2013 Srikanth beat Boonsak P as a lower ranked player to win the Thailand GPG. Srikanth also had one bad net call. The replays clearly showed there was no net fault. Srikanth went on to win in 2 straight games. PV Sindhu as a junior player beat LXR in 2012 just after she won the Olympics. This took nothing away from LXR as a class player and she still is a top player. :)

#512 badmuse, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    U do realise that rich SGP is 3rd world too, and never assumed leadership at NAM (Other rich 3rd world examples include Qatar and Switzerland).... While middle income Turkey is 1st world and poor Romania, Poland are 2nd world.

Fellow Indians, please don't feel offended at the kids ignorance. It's simply a reflection on his education (or the abject lack of it). [MENTION=123108]Baddyforall[/MENTION] China and Korea, even Japan are 3rd world. None are/were NATO/WP members; the criterion for defining 1st n 2nd world.

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Dear all bcers,

There is no point to keep on talking about the refereeing errors or write anything in this thread anymore. Just remember that th tournament is over, ended already. So why keep on harping on past issues. This will only lead to bicker arguments and harsh fights.

There are many things and much more meaningful things that we can do in life. I am extremely busy with my work too. So there is no need to waste so much time arguing over past events. Remember the title of the thread. It is meant for the Syed modi tournament so there is nothing for us to write now.

Even if we keep on arguing and fighting it will never change the outcomes of the tournament so why waste so much precious time arguing.

If can I also didn't want to say this but I observed that it has become serious. Dear bcers don't get our names banned from posting in this forum due to this small tournament only.

This is just a reminder.

15. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Agree that we should all move on. Can turn our attentions to the next tournament , Thailand masters.