Andre Kurniawan Tedjono

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 10, 2007.

1. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    happy to see that INA is on the track back to mightyness... haha not so for MAS now.. :(

2. tjl_vanguard

Student
    [​IMG]hohoho... master fang!!! no wonder tedjono is a giant killer nowadays... :D come tedjono!!! ina needs u.. rise to the occasion!!! :D

3. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    I am pesimistic about Andre honestly......
    well we'll see I hope he proves me wrong..

as an Indonesian....well I do hope the best...he beats Ng Wei today....I'll give him an applause...he beats Andrew Smith another applause...who cares is NZ open not even dat good...well but if he can beat Roslin and WCH then we know this guy is something

4. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Aiya, MAS has many many talented boys.. Chun Seang, Kenn, Daren, Li Qun, Wei Feng and Beryno.. Malaysia's new shining stars....... Just wait and see

5. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Are you for real? have you seen our juniors play? We have Tan Chun Seang, Lim Kenn, Liew Daren, Arif Latif etc. They're all good and will shine one day. Their time will come.Just wait & see :cool:

#45 erin_hakkinen, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  6. tjl_vanguard

Student
    hey erin and yannie... u two gang up bully me issit?? haha yea i noe about CHun Seang and those juniors.. im still waiting for them to shine!! and when they do, i can start bragging bout them!!! :D

7. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Me & Yannie brag about them already ;) :p :D
    Must create the WAVE ok? Haha!

*sorry off-topic*

8. kidosetiawan

Student
    Andre beat Ng Wei who is HK no 1 player...but who cares!!! is HK!! I bet he can't even beat that Roslin....he beat Roslin I'll give him some credit......so Andre dun expect any credit if u only beat Ng Wei.....we'll see if u can beat Roslin or else your win in INA open against Kenneth is just a fluke.........

9. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Middle

The guy in the middle is Fang? is he that old?

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Andre just beat Roslin 21-17, 21-19... Tomorrow Andre will enter the semifinals of NZ Open.

11. kidosetiawan

Student
    COme on...is just Roslin I bet he was lucky to do it....hahaha....I'll give him some credit if he beats Yeo Kay Bin...Roslin is like Malaysia no wat??? 4?? 5?? Well in any case.....Andre is a lucky guy......is hard to see him win here in NZ open he is surrounded by 3 Malaysians...there are Yeo Kay Bin, Lee Tsuen Tseng and Wong Choong Han...Andre won't stand a chance.....

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    At least he is in semi...you ought to give him credit..:mad::mad:...another INA player is on the rise...:p:p..

13. kidosetiawan

Student
    Why would I wanna give him credit for beating Roslin and Ng Wei??? they are not dat good anyway.........I mean semifinal wow dats something...no is nothing cos is just NZ open who cares!!! if he reach the final then I'll give him credit

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    NZ Open semifinal results: Andre just defeated Yeoh Kay Bin 21-18, 21-15 en-route to the NZ Open finals tomorrow. :cool:

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Andre is 'just' a lucky guy, huh?!? :p

In the past 12 days, he has beaten:
    World # 59, Roman Spitko (straight sets)
    World # 23, Yeoh Kay Bin (straight sets)
    World # 21, Ng Wei (straight sets)
    World # 20, Roslin Hashim (straight sets)
    World # 16, Andrew Smith (straight sets)
    World # 10, Kenneth Jonassen (rubber sets)

I wish I were that 'lucky'... :p Lucky is: if I have to face Lin Dan, but then he injured his muscle and could not continue, thus I win. That's lucky!

But a virtually unknown player [like the World # 100-something Andre was, 2 weeks ago] but able to beat so many top 10-60 players [mostly in straight sets] in the past 12 days, let's just safely say... Andre is in hot form. :D

If the present trend continue, Andre might be ranked below 20 in the world by the end of the year. Let's see if Andre can perform in a stable fashion month after month. :cool: If he can be ranked below 20 by the end of the year, then we can give him the title: most improved player in 2007 or something... Ha ha ha ha... :)

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Besides Simon and Tommy, Andre hopefully is for real...cos INA really needs new talents to replace the current aging stars. That bodes well for badminton and it would be sad to see a powerhouse like INA without world class players on the international scene after TH. :)

17. kidosetiawan

Student
    I wish I could be as optimistic as Krisna.....I dun really see Andre as a big deal anyway....lets see if he beat Wong Choong Han...btw Wats Yeo Kay Bin ranking??? it muct be coach Fang....hahahah come on ANdre beat WOng Choong Han tomorrow!!!! but I dun think he can beat Wong Choong Han.....Wong would be too strong for Andre

18. kidosetiawan

Student
    hehehehe is all Indo final in the mixed doubles.....

19. kidosetiawan

Student
    When is ANdre's next tournament?? where can u see the results?? that VIetnam thing is not on tournament software it seems....

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yeoh Kay Bin's ranking can be seen in my previous post above. In the list of Andre's victims in the past 12 days... :D

I can't claim to be either optimistic or pessimistic about Andre at this point. :p I just observe things as they are this time. Fact: he did beat many many athletes in the top 10-30 in the past 12 days.

Is it likely that a unskilled player be 'plain lucky' for 12 days beating so many top 10-30 players?!? His skill level must be credible enough to accomplish such feats. Tommy Sugiarto could not, Andreas Adityawarman could not, Alamsyah Yunus could not, Indra Bagus could not... er... I could not... :p

The results don't promise that he will be the next Taufik Hidayat or anything. No sane and critical badminton observer ever said that. :p But it is also very unlikely that a player can be lucky for 12 days in a row. :p Fact: aside from Taufik-Sony-Simon, there are no other Indonesian player that have beaten so many top 10-30 players... except Andre in the past 12 days.

Yes, we have to see whether this trend will continue... :cool: But for now, the results speak for itself that there is a 20 year old player from Indonesia that can compete at that top 10-30 level today [ok, though not at Lin Dan and Taufik's level yet]. And that is refreshing news for Indonesian badminton that need as many good news as possible. :)

Surely coach Fang and his assistants had something to do with this...
    Surely PB. Djarum's support for Andre had something to do with this feat... Surely Andre's own training, skill and determination had something to do with this too... ;)

------------------Krisna's humble non-pro analysis-------------------

Wong Choon Hann can very well beat Andre. Actually I give WCH a 55% chance of doing so. But not due to WCH's strength. More because of WCH's experience and match strategy. In last week's Indonesian Open, I witnessed Andre as a very determined, very positive thinking, very agressive, very strong and very fit player.

Andre is vulnerable to finesse and careful shot selection as demonstrated by Chen Hong. ...and by Simon Santoso who also dismantled Andre with high quality finesse in straight sets in the 2006 National Championship. If the match tomorrow turn out to be a battle of muscles, stamina, and will-power... then Andre has the edge over the more experienced WCH. ;)