ALL-ENGLAND Promises to be HOT.......

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by X Ball, Feb 1, 2008.

1. morphy

morphy Regular Member

I was actually rather impressed by LWW/CTF, especially LWW. Other than the brain cramp towards the end, the match was of high quality compared to the finals. There were several rallys that were simply breathtaking. Granted the end result wasn't the desired one for MAS fans and a bit of a letdown by CTF but overall solid effort from both sides. So even tho they're being criticized for their lack of finish and rightly so, I can't deny that they've played really well up to that point.

As for LCW, sigh..it's not just that he played bad but he employed the wrong strats. I honestly feel that even if LCW doesn't play up to his standard he could still beat most players (LD being the exception) in 3 games. 2 if everything was working together. Same can be said too about LD. That double whammy is what cost him. Failing to recognize early or just plain stubborn whichever the case may be that his approach wasn't working. I hope he doesn't carry that over into the OG. :eek:

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Pemuda,

Are you employing a different strategy? :D
    Quite a pleasant deviation from the norm! :cool:

#182 Loh, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I have a feeling that you may need to do just what you've promised.
    But how can we be sure you're not keeping to your words? :rolleyes:

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He is a 'Flasher' - you will have to know which window to look into.:D

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Totally agree.How can LCW get the strategy and tactics so wrong?Misbun , his coach got it wrong or LCW the player, being naughty? CJ played very well but would be sufficiently contained by LCW with the right moves.(Maybe Morten Frost should be guest coach once just like he did for Tine in JO07, culminating with her breakthrough win) My guess is LCW was trying to conserve energy for his final vs LD, not realising that can result in his loss.He probably did that with Tommy S.thinking he has to conserve energy before meeting TH.He forgot CJ is just one class below him and not a rookie like Tommy.(With the NSS, a top player can take chances with a rookie but not one who is a class or even two below them.)
    There seemed a touch of arrogance in his approach to CJ and he was served a good lesson(if he learns). Or maybe the AE MS prize money was not worth it;actually worse than last year's?
    When is LCW gonna learn there's no need for him to conserve energy at all in a tournament?His JO07 sensational win proves that he has the fitness and stamina to go the max of 5 tough matches in a row against opponents who have easier runs.Should I be his freelance shrink?

6. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i watched the AE match between LCW and TH and Frost was with the commentator. and frost was saying that LCW have this passiveness that makes it difficult for him to pressure his opponent and finish the game. i agree. i dont think it was a show of arrogance. i think it was more a passiveness in his game that he was beaten by chen jin. chen jin played very well. he, however, was making mistakes and making errors due to the pressure chen jin managed to put on him. even when he is full of energy he tends to play safe.

#186 azabaz_ipoh, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  7. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    disaster also for CHN team

8. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Dont ever try to make sure that he keep to his words..dont ever.

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    If china in Ae is a disaster,then malaysia is a hurricanne.
    Katrina or durian.i dont know.Combination of both perhaps

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

must be some tsunami disaster in AE this year:p

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Tsunami is for bombshell.Like tsonga tsunami

N we are truly disaster.We dont deserve tsunami.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

That's being sarcastic in reverse language, which is what majority of Msian fans actually think in real life - though some BCers dont think so.

BAM, NSC are upset, that such results are unacceptable, they must post-mortem to see, etc,etc - hightened anxiety bf OG. Sports Minister too busy with shock election results to bother yet.
    Just be glad your Kendrick Lee dont get such pressure;).

13. eaglehelang

errrr, BAM & coaches dont think so, CTF/LWW have been around for years, if they can play well but dont win, it's still a lost. It's still not a good result, no matter how high quality the game was. That's what counts for the decision makers & most Msian fans. Anything less is considered a failure cos Lee/Jung is lower ranked than them.

CTF/LWW have beaten the top 8 pairs before = Fu/Cai, Kido/Setiawan, JE/ML, Lee/Hwang, so more is expected.

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Surprisingly, I think Kendrick has done well against TH although he still lost in the Swiss Open. So he should not feel too much of a pressure as underdog. But I doubt he would have a chance to go to the Beijing Olympics if Ronald is still fighting for a place. But I'll rather Kendrick go to experience his toughest test.

15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Morphy,appreciate ur remarked on lww/ctf
    If they didnt do well,bam,nsc,ms,fans have no right to put the blame on them.

They performed at this age.Thats good enough.

16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    sis,will be in my side on this?
    i blame lcw more than lww/ctf
    i dissapointed with lcw more than Lww/ctf.
    In this Ae,Regardless the result,lww/ctf deserve credit more than lcw.

17. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    The Choon Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah pair has more than proven their standard (I'm omitting "superior," justifiably) on the badminton arena. They are respected and have the staying power, when compared to Tan Boon Heong/Koo Kien Kiat.

However, if Tan/Koo have the temerity to hang in there, and play solid badminton, instead of fading, they could very well be Malaysia's MD change-of-the-guards.

It's a shame that due to their age, the lollipop girls can't rally on to their bandwagon in the same fashion.

-dave

18. eaglehelang

:D:D, LOL, due to their age & experience, more is expected as the most senior pair in the team. They already have this prob for years. What I put forth is the decision makers & majority view, not my view, he he. The decision makers view is what counts, not fans.

Funny term, "lollipop girls", I'm much older than KKK/TBH, there's no swooning for players, they're like my little bros - they are the 2nd youngest MD in the team. 2 years down the road, if KKK/TBH still like 'fading', then...

Just one year ago, CTF/LWW, esp CTF, received a lot of blasting from Rexy, there were calls for them to retire, that they were going downhill, etc,etc.
    They are dubbed Mr Runner-up in MD with good reason.
    What the uncles 'got' last year, KKK/TBH are getting it this year.

Koo_Fan - like I said above, that's majority view, not a matter whether I on your side or someone else side. Stimes ppl forget the amount of blasting the uncles got in the past,this year, they're going to retire, maybe some think, no point blasting.

#198 eaglehelang, Mar 13, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Lollipop gals?

Ok.theres a term called 'sissy ronaldo' too.
    But does it affect ronaldo from being the most wanted man u player?
    no.