what type of badminton fan are you?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dreamzz, Mar 18, 2008.

?

what kind of badminton fan are you?

1. 1) play badminton but are not interested in international badminton tournaments at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2) play badminton and do follow the pros and the international circuit religiously

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. 3) something in between 1) and 2)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4) those who don't actually play badminton but do follow international tournaments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

I'd like to request a poll/survey to see what category most of the forumers in BC fall into. I find this interesting after speaking to members of my badminton club over the last few weeks. I would categorise badminton fans into

1) those who play badminton but are not interested in international badminton tournaments at all (a lot of the members of my club seem to fall into this category)
    2) those who play badminton and do follow the pros and the international circuit religiously (like yours truly)
    3) something in between 1) and 2)
    4) those who don't actually play badminton but do follow international tournaments (like some forumers in here)

I'm just curious really, no malicious intent at all (in case someone suspects that's the case and wants to flame me). i just find it surprising that I know quite a few people who love playing badminton (3-5 times a week) but when I mention that I'll be watching the All England this weekend say, 'Oh, is it on this weekend? Who's playing?'

:D

2. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Regular Member

Engineer
    I play anytime I can (which is about 4 times/week rightnow) but I almost never watch Professional badminton. Of course living in Canada I pretty much have to rely on Youtube so a big thanks to all those who post videos!

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

ah, great, here we go ....

4. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Any vote to #4 would be interesting.

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i think there should be a few forumers here who don't actually play badminton at all buy follow the tournaments. however, i think they are still asleep at the moment ...

:)

6. jerby

jerby Regular Member

ha, evening the odds at 9 all :p

I play up to 7 times a week (the popular term for this would be "nut"), watch some scores online when I can, download some finals whenever I have time..

I can only hope there're people out here worse than me ;):p

7. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I played 7 times a week last year before a tournament, and ended up playing in that tournament with a knee injury... still came in at 3rd place in doubles.:p It took me about a month of no badminton whatsoever, to completely heal my knee.:crying:

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

There are...

I watch the All England on Sky Sports and, until this year, Darren Hall was the "colour" commentator (alongside Gill Clark). A few of us played a game whereby we bet how many times Hall would say "absolutely" - his opening response to any question put to him by Gill. I won in '07 with what I thought was a ludicrous overestimate: we counted 135 across the three days that were televised:eek:.

Unfortunately (for the game, that is), the great Morten Frost replaced him this year:D.

9. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I play 1-2 times/week at a low level, but I have become fascinated by professional badminton since finding BC last year.
    Just as Polar Bear says, Canada is not a place you are likely to find any TV badminton.
    Interestingly enough our provincial badminton president (who is a wonderful person) doesn't seem too current on international badminton.

10. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    haha i said 2) .. i do watch the pros all the time and have tons of videos but i dont really follow the gossip stuff, just the straight facts and results.

11. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    deffinetly play lots of badminton training for sure (4-7 days a week) and compete in tournaments provincial, national, 1 international one as well. but i also like to follow the professional players more so the tournaments and what happens at them. I will watch matches when i can dl those i cant watch online and well i will read up onto some of the stuff on the players themselfs and the incidents that happen, etc.

12. Makunouchi

Makunouchi Regular Member

Badminton Addict
    I fall under #2. I play 3X a week. If wife permits I can add an additional day of play for the week. Like other member I also rely from you tube to watch some tournaments. Since our cable company dropped a sporting channel which carries the only badminton game. I'm in the process of changing our cable subscription in order to be able to watch my favorite players in action once again. There are times I just stare at the monitor watching the live scores changes and imagining what is happening during the actual match.

13. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i play badminton and i follow international badminton but not religiously. :D there are some player i have never heard of. mainly i know the top players. and some oldies players.

14. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

aha, we finally have someone in category 4, i'm in that category as well, not for badminton but for football ....

15. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

average around 9 per week. my friend told me my house is in badminton hall :p

16. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

you play 9 times a week????
    that's every day and 2 sessions a day during the weekends????
    do you sleep with your racquets as well?

:)

17. ae86trueno

2-3 on the weekend..
    ahahaha last night actually was the the 1st time i sleep with racquet beside me :eek: finished restring almost 2am and couldn't be bothered to go downstair to store the racquets so I leave it on the bed (i have 2 bed put together so i have enough space.. wouldn't dare to put on bed if its single bed) :eek:

18. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hahahhaa, nice one man .... so what's that, 20-25 hours a week of badminton? that's more than some people work, i'm a truly impressed.

19. ae86trueno

yeah around 20ish.. but not all of the game is hard out game though, some of the game pretty relax, some just purely training around the court :eek:

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    i picked for the third..since i don't really take it religiously..the international competitions n pros..just some.But i do take badminton sport religiously i guess.Almost everyday badminton,don't really care who am i playing with.As long as i can hit the ball,i'm happy.LOL..