How To Sell A Racquet

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by nigelboswell, Apr 12, 2008.

1. nigelboswell

nigelboswell Regular Member

Well, I posted my armortec 150 on facebook marketplace and got an offer the next day.

The problem is, they guy is saying he'll only pay with a personal check and he 'doesn't wanna deal with paypal'.

So, he's mailing me the personal check with the racquet's price ($80 USD) and also the shipping the cost (which he said he'll look after and he'll send a shipping agent to my house to pick it up).

Is this okay, or is there some problem in it. It's just unorthodox I think, I feel there's some risk somewhere in this.

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i reckon that's fine, don't send him the racquet until you're sure that the money has cleared and it's in your bank account.

3. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    i think the only risk is probably the personal cheque...like if the cheque he sent has no money in it...i guess just make sure the cheque clears before you let the shipping agent take the racquet...

other than that i think it's pretty safe and to your advantage, saves you the trouble of finding someone to send it...

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yup..make sure money comes in first,then racket goes out..:).How to ship the racket?If he decided to send an agent to pick it from ur house,wouldn't it be better,since all u gotta do is wait behind ur door?:D