Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by badMania, Apr 8, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Just downloaded the clip from the German Open 2008 R32 match between this upcoming INA pair and Shuichi Sakamoto/Shintaro Ikeda. The clip was showing the third set, where the INA pair lost 16-21. They so nearly won the match, having won the first set 21-12, and led comfortably in the second set, only to be stuck at 19 :eek:

This is probably the second time I am watching them play, first time was a couple of years back when they were still raw, facing Fran Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya in the Cheers Asian Satellite match. This time though, I thought they look very promising indeed. Both Bona and Ahsan are tall.....Bona is definitely taller than Kido (his older brother) ;)

Hopefully, they will be given chances to compete in GP Gold and Super Series tourneys after the Olympics. Both are 20 and turning 21 this year...so...time for them to rise up the ranks like Kido/Hendra in 2005 (when they were both 21 also)!

I foresee Bona/Ahsan to rise up to at least the top 20 by hopefully mid of next year :cool:

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ahsan is 174 cm... well, taller than me... but not so tall... he he he...

Bona... er... so far... lack power... He got to do more weights or something... And he lacks flare and explosiveness in his game, unlike Ahsan...

If both Fran-Rendra and Bona-Ahsan are in the top 20 by mid next year... plus Rian-Yoke in the top 10, I think INA's MD have a pretty good future in the next 5 years...

Let's see... who shall we have in the top 20 by mid-2009...
    Kido-Hendra
    Luluk-Alven [maybe]
    Candra-Tony [maybe]
    Rian-Yoke
    Joko-Hendra
    Fran-Rendra
    Bona-Ahsan
    We're in pretty good shape in the world of MD then. Comparable to MAS...

#2 Krisna, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

OK....fair comments :)

Ahsan looks quite good from my observation....they definitely need more exposure :cool:

U miss out on AG/Joko.....:p

I also heard good things abt the new doubles Pelatnas just recruited...Adi Chrisna....

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Adi Chrisna from Banten? Yeah I heard good things about him too... ;) And look, I've corrected Joko-Hendra in my post... Thanks for reminding me... :)

If I were PBSI, I will send Bona-Ahsan to many many International Challenge and GP tournaments first, not a lot of GP Golds... They need to play and win a lot... So... I think tournaments like these will suit them best:
    Vietnam Challenge
    India Challenge
    Pakistan Challenge
    Indonesia Challenge
    Australia Challenge

Vietnam GP
    New Zealand GP
    Bulgaria GP
    Dutch GP

Ok, since there are 2 GP Golds close to INA, we can include:
    Phillipine GP Gold
    Thailand GP Gold

And since we have one SS at home:
    Indonesia SS :p

For added match exposure against top INA players, we also have:
    Kejurnas [mixed team championship, this year]; but their clubs [Bona is from Jaya Raya, Ahsan from Djarum] might not need their services this time around. Still too many good players like Kido, Hendra, Joko, Candra in Jaya Raya and Rian, Yoke, Luluk, Fran, Rendra in Djarum.
    Superliga Badminton [men-women team championship]; Ahsan has been one of the Djarum main squad since last year, Bona was an inactive substitute in Jaya Raya.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Bona/Ahsan already WON the Vietnam Challenge last year :eek:

But of course, they will need to win more Challenger level events, like the usual Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia Challenger...all within reach of Jakarta :D Australia and Pakistan might be slightly out of reach...one is not worth it...and one is still quite dangerous :eek:

Vietnam and Dutch Open GPs are pretty ritual for PBSI too...so, I would think they will be sent to these events. As for NZ Open, I thought someone said (was it you?) that it is close to PON? Bulgaria Open...probably not also :p

GP Golds: Thailand and Philippines Opens for sure we will see Bona/Ahsan and other promising Pelatnas (and Djarum :D) players. Maybe can add the Macau and Chinese-Taipei Opens also in the later half of the year.

Super Series: Indonesia definitely...and perhaps Singapore if PBSI can afford to send those youngsters too.

PON, Superliga and perhaps Kejurnas will be additional home-based events for them to further sharpen their skills.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

A likely time-table:
    June 03-08: Philippines Open GP Gold
    June 17-22: Indonesia Super Series
    June 24-29: Thailand Open GP Gold
    July 01-06: Robot Vietnam International Challenge
    July 15-20: KLRC New Zealand Open GP (clash with PON)
    Aug 26-30: JPGG Indonesia Challenge
    Sep 09-14: Chinese-Taipei Open GP Gold
    Oct 14-19: Dutch Open GP
    Nov 11-16: Korea International Challenge
    Dec 02-07: Vietnam Open GP
    Dec 09-13: India International Challenge

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    :D True. PON and NZ Open clash with each other. For the most part, many of the players will play in PON. Except for a few: I believe Bona-Ahsan included.... Jakarta does not want Bona because they already have Kido-Hendra, Nova-Candra etc. Central Java does not want Ahsan because they already have Rian-Yoke, Luluk-Fran... :p

Maybe the other provinces want Bona and/or Ahsan... but maybe too late... :eek: If so... in conclusion, just send Bona-Ahsan to NZ Open and Australia Challenge! :p

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Okay...make sense. I didn't expect that the provinces still want the top players to be involved in PON also :eek:

In that case, it will make perfect sense for PBSI to send Bona/Ahsan and perhaps Nathalia Poluakan/Yulianti and Tantowi/Yulianti to the double-header NZ Open and Australia Challenge.

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    These provinces are serious, man! :p Paid Rp 3-5 million per player every month to 'secure' their players [so they won't defect to other provinces]... :p

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I think Bona/Ahsan needs to train more..I have seen their play for a while..If they could not progress this year...they should be splited ...Bona is the weakest one..Ahsan has more variaties and tricky shots.....may be pair with Chrisna...remind me of Ricky Subagya

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Congratulations, Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan just won another international title, the World University Badminton Championships 2008 in Portugal.

They were seeded first and fulfilled their top-seeding by winning the Gold Medal, beating 5 opponents:

R64: BYE
    R32: Beat Thomas Mckee/Justin Mullaly 21-12, 21-13
    R16: Beat Andrey Ivanov/Sergey Shumilkin (RUS) 21-8, 21-11
    QUARTER-FINAL: Beat Tsai Chia-Hsin/Hsieh Yu-Hsin (TPE) 21-11, 20-22, 21-11
    SEMI-FINAL: Beat Takuma Ueda/Kazushi Yamada (JAP) 21-15, 21-13
    FINAL: Beat Han Gi Hoon/Han Tae Il (KOR) 21-12, 21-12

Another junior pair, Rio Willianto/Davin Prawissa (are they in Pelatnas yet?) progressed to the QF, beating the POL no 2 pair Wojciech Szkudlarczyk 21-16, 21-12 in R16. Recall that this Polish pair beat Fran Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya in the Polish International Challenge. It could have been an all-INA Final in the MD, but, Rio/Davin lost in 3 close sets in the QF (21-19, 20-22, 15-21) to the Korean pair that Bona/Ahsan beat today.

With Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan (Laos International Future Winner) also in Pelatnas and perhaps the sign of another reasonably good pair emerging in Lingga Lie/Fernando Kurniawan (Smiling Fish International Series Winner), and Syahmie Syarif Radhitian/Adi Chrisna Wijaya, INA's future in MD seems to be looking good.

Pelatnas's pecking order:
    1. Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (World Champion, big target will be the Olympic Gold Medal)
    2. Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto (increasingly out of favor and partnership should be ended by the time Olympic ended).
    3. Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi (partnership not growing....no GP title yet)
    4. Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki (back in Pelatnas and need to win a GP Gold title this year, should jump to no 2)
    5. Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan (need to win at least 1 GP title this year and more playing hrs against top opponents)
    6. Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan (capable young guns...quite experienced for their standard).
    7. Lingga Lie/Fernando/Kurniawan (good start, ended up with a title this week, another Int Series or Challenger title will be welcomed)
    8. Syahmie Syarif Radhitian/Adi Chrisna Wijaya (rookies and need to send them to Int Series and Challenger tourneys)

Djarum:
    1. Fran Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya

12. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Rio/Davin was MD Junior winner of Kejurnas 2006, in final they beat Bona/Ahsan. Both pair represented Jaya Raya/Jakarta, Ahsan joined to Djarum in 2007.
    In 2007 Rio still play in junior event in XD represent Banten but his performance under Fernando/Subakti, Afiat/Danny Bawa or Wifqi/Komang Sandy

I guess Davin was born in 1987 and Rio was born in 1988

#12 Sandy, May 10, 2008
    Last edited: May 10, 2008
  13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Bona-Ahsan have reached the INA Open Quarterfinals! They will play MAS' Fuzzy pair!

14. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Slim chances to past thru The Fuzzy's :D:D

15. arumdaun

arumdaun Regular Member

student
    ya!ya!ya!fuzzy is so tough to pass!!!!they're unpredicted!
    i saw them (bona/ahsan) yesterday..
    ahsan is the one who made a lot of mistake,i guess they need a lot of 'bonding' to balanced their power and emotions.

16. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Everything is possible. Fuzzy's are not unbeatable.

Who perform well, who will win. Ina doubles always will not let us down.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

2 back-to-back Super Series for Bona/Ahsan and not bad at all, winning 3 matches and lots of ranking pts.

Up next will be the Thailand Open GP Gold next week and I expect them to reach R16.

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

My friend, sorry if I forgot, how old are Bona/Ahsan ? 24 ? Since this thread's abt them :D. Too bad, our Fuzzy bear pair bulldozed them today.

19. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

he mentioned at the top that they are 20/21.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

dato...u are posting towo totally different opinion...:confused: