Grommet Replacement for Li-Ning N90-III Racket

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ludwik, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Hello everyone,

I dug up my old racket, the Li-Ning N90-III, and I'm keen to give it another shot. But before I dive in, I want to swap out its grommets.

Here's the thing: at the base of the frame, it's got a single pass grommet instead of the usual U-shaped one.

Should I just use the single pass grommet I've got lying around, or would it be smarter to order U-shaped grommets for it?

Appreciate any advice you've got! IMG20240404052426.jpg

Sent from my RMX3363 using Tapatalk

2. what07

what07 Regular Member

You can use a u-shape grommet as it helps distribute the stress around an arch, but single pass works as well if that's all you have.

Ludwik likes this.
  3. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Doesn't really matter. The n90iii frame is like a tank. I've strung it up to 34lbs before and it doesn't sink, no need for U shaped. I personally just make sure to turn the singles 90 degrees every restring and it's perfect! One thing I hate about the U shaped grommets is that it gives the illusion that it's distributing the force better and is beefier, but the the inner part wears holes just the same as a regular grommet. It's actually worse as you can't rotate a U shaped.

Woesi and KBM424 like this.
  4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Wait. Am I the only one seeing sinking because of lack of grommet maintenance? If the sinking is evident I would go for U grommets only.