Which Nanospeed is best for Allround play?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gauss, Feb 6, 2006.

1. lindanfan

lindanfan Regular Member

student/ working in sport shop/ stringing
    i like my ns9000x, i find it similar to my ns8000 but it seems a bit better on smashes. my partner doesn't like it at all and he prefers the ns7000 and ns6000. i think many people do have different oppinions.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    That's exactly why we should only use specification and reviews for reference, and get our hands on the actual racket instead. ;) One drill session worths 2000 reviews. :D

3. Jono Frog

Jono Frog Regular Member

dairy warehouse distribution
    nanospeed 9kx

well guys i take back everthing i said about the nano9k. I renectly got hold of one for a bargain price - brand new and restrung it with the yellow yonex bg85 strings to 26lbs tension, put my own grip on it like i normally do and have now had it for allmost a week. i can now say its the best racket ive played with - ever! i thought my smashing was good b4 but this racket propells them at lightning quick speed. control is all there considering its a heavy racket. Well the thingis it may be 89grams but most of that is in the head so it actually feels quite light to me. easy to manovoure in defence and driving situations and backhand clears are easy. the built in elastic TI really gives your shots that bit more zip.

anyways have totally changed my mind. i must have used a pants testing racket because this racket really is the 'Dogs Danglers'!

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I hope you mean yellow yonex BG80... :rolleyes:

5. Jono Frog

Jono Frog Regular Member

dairy warehouse distribution
    yes sorry i do mean the bg 80. cheers for the correction :p

6. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    i have ns8000(3u/g5) and ns9000x(3u/g4), both are great to use, both good for all around play. but if you want to have a more powerful smash, then ns9000 is the one:D

7. w0shic0w

w0shic0w Regular Member

I LOVE MY NS 9000-X strung with bg66 at 25lbs!
    Its GREAT for all round play! I can assure u, it really packs a punch. U will seem lyk u are using less strength but achieve more POWER. Was a good investment i must say.

8. kingsway

kingsway New Member

ya that guys right....if u dont use ur wrist properly and mainly arm power u wont get any strength off your nano....i was once like that but nano helped me fix my weaknesses of using too much arm power than wrist. now its all gd and it feels great with the nano.....hte light head somehow made my positioning and swings so mcuh more correct.

9. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    yup thats what i thought when i had my ns8000 and ns9000x, your supposed to use your wrist and forearm strenght to be able to hit the shuttle with power when using the nano, not much arm swing, makes you play more easily and you dont get tires quickly.

10. docruben7

docruben7 Regular Member

got ns8000 and ns9000x

I really liked my ns8000 so I tried to buy another for backup fortunately it was not available and what i bought was ns9000x. Both racket was extremely good for smashing (as i am more of a attacking player) but i noticed my defense improved with ns9000x. ns9000x had less vibrations and seem to me offers stronger return of smash and control. Bought were strung using bg85 at 26 lbs, so i dont thinks its a tension diffence. So now, my backup racket is ns8000. :) I dont care about technologies but ns9000x feels the best all around racket in nano series

11. Jeffield

Jeffield Regular Member

Student @ Hugh Boyd Secondary
    Id go with nano 8000 or 9000 but 9000 go with 3U

12. tingc222

tingc222 Regular Member

i can give some insight on the ns9000s...I've played with my ns9000s for about 6 months now. I haven't had a chance to get it restrung (i believe i first strung it at 22x24 bg80) during the 6 months and the string weakened down to perhaps 17-18 pounds. Even with this low strength, the nanospeed gave incredible amounts of accuracy to my shots, was very quick, and smashes were a breeze. I've tried my friend's ns8000 after using the 9k for a while, and my first impression was that it was VERY headlight, much lighter than the 9ks. I just couldn't get the smash out of it. I'd say the 9ks is one of the best all around rackets out there. havent tried the 9kX so can't say much about it.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i concur............