2013 All England Premier SS - Day 4 Quarterfinals (8th March 2013)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2013' started by etudiant, Mar 7, 2013.

1. racoen_ndonyo

racoen_ndonyo Regular Member

kuli
    the match potential provide shocking result:

Lindaweni FANET - Tine BAUN
    Robert MATEUSIAK/Nadiezda ZIEBA - Tontowi AHMAD/Liliyana NATSIR
    Jin CHEN - Jan O JORGENSEN
    Ratchanok INTANON - Juliane SCHENK
    Sudket PRAPAKAMOL/Saralee THOUNGTHONGKAM - Markis KIDO/Pia Zebadiah BERNADETH

what i mean about shocking is player with high seeded potentially lose

2. *___*

*___* Regular Member

Really wish Schenk v Intanon was a tv game :(

#24 *___*, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Yes...I think badminton tv are so dumb! Yesterday we saw LCW and today, in MS, it is again LCW. This is stupid. To keep track of who was on display in previous matches and search for variety would not be so difficult!
    Moreover, I think the camera work is boring. Why don't they put more camera on the ground level, and shows us replays from different angles? With various speed? In some tourneys, like the Korean Open, the cameras are way up in the stadium, like they could not get any ticket! How can we attract fans with such poor media work?
    perhaps a little study of the tennis australian open would do the BWF some good.

4. *___*

*___* Regular Member

For watching the points themselves i prefer one camera behind the court. Every now and then for a jump smash they try to use a side on camera then switch back but it doesn't work because its too slow and you often end up missing the smash itself.

You raise a good point on better replays from different angles. I would like to see them use the spider cam, but it is very expensive and maybe isn't possible due to the set up requirements.

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    I feel that in terms of camera work...All England or Denmark Open still the best...they respond to the pleas of the commentators...due to language barrier perhaps...camera work in the asian tournaments suck balls....especially china...being the biggest badminton nation in the world...video quality not good...camera work not good...environment does not look nice...

6. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

They are on TV court 2, in streaming

7. SigH-Max

SigH-Max Regular Member

I think the camera work in the SS 2012 finals was very good :eek:
    The only thing missing would be 720p or 1080p ^^

8. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    INDONESIA... Semangat! :D
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For once, largely thanks to the 'Upset Duo', it's become difficult to predict the WS winner, how interesting.

If Tine can maintain her excellent form, thanks to her positive 'swan song effect', I would pick her as the front-runner. I feel there are a handful with more or less equal chances, it depends on who wants it more, who has got the nerve to win it, who is the better player of the day (sounds tautological). I'll pick three more, namely, Intanon, Juliane and Sung, not necessarily in that order.

The buoyant Lindaweni is the dark horse but, unfortunately, today she is up against the 'runaway' horse, Tine Baun.

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Hendra Setiawan is in his very best chance to make it a clean sweep of all majors in MD after won Olympic, Asian and WC.....in this AE 2013 !! Good for him !!

11. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Well, is it only me or does the quality of bw.tv replays totally suck???!!!
    The livestreaming itself didn´t work well yesterday, but the replays are soooo bad. It hangs (dunno how to describe it in English^^) when the picture moves to another camera angle.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    In WS, i will pick up Saina Nehwal if she show her full potential to move ahead to final and grab the title. Next is Lindaweni from the other side. I think that Linda will upset Tine today. With her current form, she will pass ahead and reach final. I don't think that there is an equal potential that Linda is possesing now in the other side of the draw.

13. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    MD is very dubious this year :// For me the most interesting discipline... Even BoMo lost yesterday.
    Quite open now, even Ahsan/Setiawan are the favourites imo.

For WS I root for Juli Schenk and Saina Nehwal. Will be a tough challange today vs Intanon for JS.
    MS I would like to see a JOJ vs LCW match, but Jorgensen has a tough task today vs the robot.

14. SigH-Max

SigH-Max Regular Member

Yes, it is quite choppy. The difference is obvious when you compare it to other tournaments :(

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it seems that everyone saying China is not doing well and is helping out other countries, i think while that is true to some extent, it is not helping out other countries as much as we thought as Indonesia has swept up most the spots that China donated and the other countries just reshuffled a little.

AE2013 Country Distribution:

[​IMG]

AE2012 Country Distribution:

[​IMG]

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the most impressive is Thailand who has 5 QF entries this year when they have zero in 2012.

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Its not appropriate by saying that China has "Donated" the spots to others :eek:. Actually speaking, Other countries did start to show their increased level of play in certain disciplines than China :). Many other countries has improved their levels better than superpower badminton nation "china". That is the case :).

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Interesting stats, kwun. However,other than the number of players fielded, I think the luck of the draw should also be taken into account, esp when same nationality participants are matched up in the early rounds, even from the qualification stage.

Say, if you've four reasonably strong WS players and they happened to be in four different quadrants of the draw, then the chances of having all four progressing to the Quarterfinals are definitely higher than if the four of them are bunched up in the same two quadrants, though theoretically still possible if they are in opposite ends of each of the two quadrants.

#40 Justin L, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013