Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

4 knots on the string ????

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by pussiii999, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    Thanks to you too, Terraglow & weeyeh.

Unfortunately I dont have ECP machine, would like to try that out in near future (probably Wise, but many doubts when shipping in & after sales service)

Commercial stringers do 1pc rather than 2pc is faster business turnover . Comparing 4 rackets (1pc stringing) vs 2.5 rackets (2pc) per hour rate.

I agree that slice, chop, half cut or watever, slippery string coatings & low tension could contribute the string moving sideway.

There's no good nor bad about 1pc & 2pc pattern. Just they have own "characteristic" about repulsion feeling.

My opinion about 1pc vs 2pc (crank job, no ECP) is:
    1pc = faster stringjob, good playability, loose tension:fast
    2pc = slower stringjob, good playability with stiffer stringbed, loose tension:slow

2. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    well it is so disappointed that not many stringer prefer to do 4 knot....

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    With low tension one or two pc stringing is acceptable. With high tension, especially at tension in the 28lbs-35lbs range, one-pc stringing is rubbish. Only two-pc stringing with the crosses starting at the top with a real starting knot is ideal for very high tension. Starting the crosses from the bottom as recommended by Yonex is also undesirable from a playability point of view. Reasons for this can be found in past posts.

4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    maybe that is the case in indonesia but here in Canada, specifically Toronto, I've been to 5 different stringers and they all have strung my rackets with the 4 knot (2 piece) stringing method.

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

One-pc, two-knot stringing pattern is very ancient. It was the only way a racquet could be strung in the old days because stringing then was by hand, with the awl as a clamp and the hand as the string puller and tensioner. Both Indonesia and Malaysia are more or less the founders of the modern badminton game, and they created the one-pc, 2-knot pattern manual stringing. Today, this pattern lives on in these two countries.

6. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

in Singapore, still many stringers use 2-knots instead of 4-knots, unless you request for 4-knots.

and thanks taneepak, for your explanation of 4-knots especially stringing the cross from top ... I will take that as my guidance ...

7. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

note for this as guidance .....

8. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    just a survey .... do you guys feel that ISO head feels less tight with the same string and tension compared to an oval Head ....

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

AOTBE, a smaller stringbed is always tighter.