Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

A less stiff alternative ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dimiberbs, Sep 26, 2012.

1. dimiberbs

dimiberbs Regular Member

student
    Hi all, I've tried using Arcsaber 10 and Nanospeed 9900 for a few months each and the former felt a bit :confused:heavy for me as I only play doubles and the latter, although it feels much lighter, seems to take a toll on my wrist and shoulder due to its extra stiff shaft.

Could anyone please recommend me a flexier alternative ? One that feels light and friendlier to the wrist / shoulders.

Personally I'm looking at Arcsaber 7 or the new Nanoray 800.. Would appreciate any help here :).

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i only have the arcs and i can say that for doubles the 7 will be a bit easier to maneuver than the 10. i find the 10 sluggish at best.

3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

In my opinion I find the voltric 80 to be similar to the arcsaber 10 but faster in doubles. Maybe try a 4u if you think arc 10 is too slow.

4. dimiberbs

dimiberbs Regular Member

student
    that's exactly how I felt with the arcsaber 10, plenty of power to hit the smashes but not easy to maneuver at the net area.

5. dimiberbs

dimiberbs Regular Member

student
    I've tried using my brother's Voltric 80, didn't like the head heavyness.