Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

A newbie finally snapped his strings ;D

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by 6332268, Apr 7, 2009.

1. 6332268

6332268 Regular Member

So i finally snapped my strings on my arc 10 ^^ and now im in search of a new set of strings >_>
    i've been using bg-70 pro at 22 or 23 lbs (i forgot) for a year and i've been deciding to either use bg-80, bg-66 or bg-65 at 24lbs. But the problem is i want to know about the tension loss, or if i have to string lower tension to get the effect to be the same or relevent as bg-65 as 24lbs.
    so.. can you guys help me out decide? If i use bg-66 how long approx. do you think would it last me, and the price differences between each.
    Please and Thank You :)!

2. hunterkillerz

hunterkillerz Regular Member

Student
    BG-65s will not retain tension very long.

3. thejym

thejym Regular Member

On the other hand, BG-66 and BG-80 will not last very long at 24lbs. They will probably break within a few weeks depending on your strength.

If you want to retain tension, BG-70pro is a good choice. Usually its priced very similarly to BG-65 and BG-66/80. In the end, a dollar or two's difference isn't really significant.

Or you could pay almost double for Nanogy-95, which should be more durable (in terms of tension holding I don't know) than BG-65 or BG-70pro.

4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I do not think BG80 is that fragile. I had my BG80 strung at 25lbs lasting me 4 months. It probably dropped to around 23lbs on its last few days of service. The racket is restrung at 26lbs and is holding up well for the last 1+ month. I play between 5 - 10 hours weekly, averaging around 7 hours.

5. 6332268

6332268 Regular Member

Thanks for the input, I might try out BG 80