Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Accuracy

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by TheQQ, Feb 23, 2012.

1. TheQQ

TheQQ New Member

Hey, I've been playing badminton for 3 years now and I'd like a little advice on how to improve my accuracy in smashes in singles. I'm a hard hitter, but right now I want to focus more on placement than on power. The rackets I use are the Voltric 80 and Arcsaber Z-slash, which one do you think is better for accuracy? (I generally like the arcsaber more because I'm used to head light rackets, but I find the voltric more consistent with big smashes)

Thanks!!

2. trapatoni

trapatoni Regular Member

students
    use the racket that does not familiar with you..i mean there was no chemistry between you and the racket...and then, try hitting the shuttle on the same spot/place thousand of time until you became consistent..that how i trying to increase my accuracy..not sure if it will work with you..:eek:

3. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Perfect yr smashing technique n timing by practising half smashes. Concentrate on making good impacts on each smash, esp. the wrist snap just before impact. Then when you have good impacts 80% of the time practice on placements and angle of smashes.

Look for video on Zhao Jian Hua's tips on doing correct smashes. Good tips.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Out of the 2, vt80 would be more accurate because it has a stiffer shaft.