Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

An Odd Stringing Pattern

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by noppy, Jan 8, 2010.

1. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    Well i was just browsing through the sotx website and stumbled upon this racket stringing pattern and thought how odd it was and wondered if anyone knew why these changes were made ?
    [​IMG]

The odd things are the very close top two crosses and also there are 3 knots at the top and 1 at the bottom.

#1 noppy, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    3 knots on the top is very normal, that means there are even number of mains on each side (e.g. 20 mains instead of 22). I believe quite a few Babolat rackets are like that. :rolleyes:

3. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

wow top 2 cross are very close that is a very stiff spot to hit.
    maybe pattern is upside down? :D

i would skip the first cross and start at the second cross w/o going through the first one

4. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

It is only the way the lines are drawn make you think they are close on the first 2 cross.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Warehouse dogsbody, Stringer, Panda reseller,
    Hehe - 20 mains = both main tie-offs at the top if done 2P

This racket, like any with mains whose number divides by four, could be done one-piece top-down like a Bab X-Feel (and my new Forza TI 550 VS, which has 24 mains). 1PTD is the holy grail of badminton, so I would suggest to SOTX that this should be the defaut pattern!