Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Another fake verification

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by maxp74, Feb 16, 2010.

1. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    Ok so I have been offered a used Yonex Armortec 800 off for a resonable price (about 60$). The seller claims he bought it in a store in Dublin. He kindly gave me the sereal codes. 3748033 on the shaft and 270389sp on the cone.

If I understand it correctly this racket was made 27th march 2008 or possibly 1998. I'm no expert in the yonex production line, but the AT800 wasn't produced as early as -98 and not as late as -08. So it has to be a fake, right?

Yea, and how did a SP end up in a shop in Dublin?

2. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    So it was a fake!

Thank you ryim for the help. :)

Don't go shopping in the shady districts of Dublin. :eek:

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    But do keep in mind that SP rackets in Europe does not always mean counterfeit.

4. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    That's absolutely right! I have several SP rackets that was bought in Europe that's not counterfeit. But that has an explaination. In short:

The former import agent got samples from Asia and he later sold them to friends.