Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Any badminton players in Rego Park, Queens - New York?

Discussion in 'USA East' started by magnumxcalibur, Jan 8, 2008.

1. magnumxcalibur

magnumxcalibur New Member

CPA
    I havent played badminton in 5 years, and now I am interested in playing again. I went to check out the 'New York City Badminton' club today at the address: 96-06 65th ave (66th ave & booth street) in Rego Park. I found this online through google search.

The place turned out to be an apartment in a residential building, so I am assuming its moved or closed down. Any of you know about this place?

The other place in rego aprk is Lost Batallion Hall, which is free with an annual membership of $50. Do any of you play at this place? If so, please mention your experience.

Any suggessions for a place where I can buy rackets in Rego park, or Manhattan would also help.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I assume that you got some really old information.

Check www.nycbadminton.com for your locations and time. They have gyms in queens (Flushing and Fresh Meadows) and city. You can also shop for equipment with them.

Also check www.friendlybadminton.com as they also have gyms in flushing and Jamica areas.

Also check www.brooklynbadminton.com if you have a car, and willing to go a bit further on sat.

Regarding LostBattlion, I am not sure about their current schedule these days. The fee is cheaper for sure, as it's run by the government. However, it (at least, used to be) known as to be crowded at times.

3. magnumxcalibur

magnumxcalibur New Member

CPA
    Thanks for the info LazyBuddy. I dont have a car, yet. Also, the sites you suggested are expensive - I never paid to play badminton in the past, so its a bit difficult for me to start paying to play this sport. I called up Lost Batallion today, the representative seemed nice over the phone. Here is the badminton schedule at Lost Battllion:

Tuesdays: 7pm to 9:45pm
    Fridays: 7pm to 9:45pm
    Saturdays: 1:15pm to 4:45pm

I am planning to go down this friday evening and check it out. I shall let you folks know how it is.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Hope you can enjoy the sport again. I was told way back then, that Sat seems have the least ppl. Not sure about these days.