Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Any idea to healing and preventing injuries

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Mimarking, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Mimarking

Mimarking New Member

Hi all!
    A few of us, old or young, are suffering some sorts of injuries because of badminton. Common badminton injuries include wrist pain, patellar tendonitis (jumper's knee), shoulder pain, back pain, ...... I am starting this thread for us to share ways that help heal and prevent these injuries.

Here is my story. I have knee problem (patellar tendonitis or jumper's knee) for a long time. I have been using specially designed knee straps (McDavid Jumper's Knee Strap at Sports Authority) for a few years. I believe they help reduce pain as well as heal my injury. I also have back and shoulder problems. I still haven't found anything good yet. I sometimes take Ibuprofen before and during play to ease the pain. Ibuprofen also seems to reduce back inflammation very effectively. However, you should not take ibuprofen for a very long period of time. Heard about growth hormone which can help in such cases, what do you think? any experience?

Your stories?

#1 Mimarking, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017 at 10:19 AM