Any rackets similar to Victor Super Waves 35?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by e2theipi, Mar 27, 2018.

1. e2theipi

e2theipi New Member

Student
    I recently broke my 5th copy (at least one a year due to wear and tear) of the Super Waves 35, my favorite racket. I could get another one, but I'm wondering if there's anything equivalent or better out there nowadays. I prefer head heavy and stiff rackets, and play doubles/mixed only. My backup is a Victor Jetspeed 10S, which is awesome for defense but doesn't quite have the power of the SW 35. Some rackets I've played with include Armortech 900 Power, Arcsaber 10, Arcsaber 8 DX, and an Arcsaber ZSlash. Out of those I liked the 900 Power and 8DX the most. Also another factor to consider is the cost/performance ratio. I can get SW for 174 USD, whereas the newest models are like 250-300 USD. I'd rather not shell out 100 USD for a marginal performance increase. Let me know if there's a worthy successor to SW 35!

2. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    wait for new mx80

3. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I was a fan of the SW35, used it for years. Had trouble adjusting to other rackets after this, so I know the problem. I have now settled on the yonex duora z strike. Very stiff, slightly head heavy and a little bit faster than the sw35, also enough power. You do need to adjust timing to use the little flex it has to get that power, though.

Otherwise, 8dx is nice, and Victor tk has some gems, too.

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Tbh if you can still get a 35. Get it. Worry about the eventual replacment later down the road. I have 4 SW35s for use now and don't intend of ever losing them except to sunken holes if ever.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Old MX80 and SW35 were total different rackets. Mine had same weight/headweight and were totally different. To me the SW35 was a very unique racket with a smooth but fast swing. Tried alot other rackets and never came across something same. It was never the sledgehammer and never the ultra stiff stick like some people rumoured.

6. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    in our country sw37 is available, but in 4u. fit for doubles?

7. amleto

amleto Regular Member

It felt like a mega stiff sledgehammer to me... sold it on quickly.