Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

anyone had good experiences with leather grips like me?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by nypockus, Mar 29, 2004.

1. nypockus

nypockus Regular Member

I've bought a wilson tennis leather grip and used it on my Carb 20MP and i think it's terrific. the feel is excellent and better than any grip i've ever used. although it's a bit expensive, $30 AUD, i will be getting another one for my other racquet once it gets restrung. my hands do get a little sweaty and also i usually sandpaper through my grips in 2 or 3 weeks so those cheap grips always have to be replaced. If you got the same problem as me, buy a good quality leather grip and you certainly won't be disappointed.

Does anyone else have the same good experiences with leather grips like i have?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe your new leather grip is the "replacement grip", and the so call cheap grip is more like overgrip?

Personally, I think overgrip is not designed for durability, but more for tackiness and increament in grip size purpose.

3. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

nypockus,

I'm just a little bit worried about the hygene. If you have ever tried to wear a wrist watch with leather strip in a hot humid summer, you'll know what I mean.