APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

Tantrum 200 not bad, can consider

2. EddieC*

EddieC* New Member

Thank you for the suggestions above, I currently want to look at the cheaper rackets which are around $60 USD because I am a college student and have a few rackets already. But will definitely look into them more if I am able to sell two of my rackets to friends. If any person has owned/demo'd the Edgesaber z-slayer and let me know if it is worth the price or if I should save up for the more premium ones that would be great !

3. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

the avp costs around 60usd... am i wrong?

4. EddieC*

EddieC* New Member

I was looking on ebay and badmintonbay before and just found the site sportshorizon so you are correct !

5. RaidX

RaidX New Member

I received an AVP as a present and I absolutely enjoy it. I was wondering if there are any racquets recommended by the fans here with similar specs to the AVP (slightly head heavy, medium flex) but with a quicker frame? I mainly play front court in doubles and I was looking at the Lethal 85 as it has similar specs but with the high speed frame. Any recommendations otherwise? Thanks in advance!

6. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    You can look at Ashaway Viper series and the Fleet Triotec and Woven series. These racquets have fast frame shape. The Fleet even has a frame that has different shape at different point of the frame.

7. RaidX

RaidX New Member

Thanks Teoky, I have been interested in the Viper XT series for a while. But I wanted to sample what APACS has in store. Plus APACS is cheap enough to have a good few tries without having to worry about the hip pocket too much lol.

8. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Is the Lethal 60 and Lethal 70 the same racket?

I've read some different things. Some people say L70 is an update and improvement of the 60. Other people say that they are the exact asme racket, 60 is for malaysian while 70 is for international markets.

So once and for all, are they actually the same racket or not?

9. Lethal70

Lethal70 New Member

Civl
    My friend is using LEthal 60 and i am using lethal 70. I feel that they are difference. Just a bit, not much. :) Smash with Lethal 70 > Lethal 60 and Lethal 70's stiff is more than. Sorry my bad english.

10. EdSalv

EdSalv Regular Member

Hi Old Man,

So, as nobody spoke, let me tell about my impressions after some games. As I said before, I played more with head heavy rackets (I have 2 VTZF, 1VT80 and 2 Nano800 for doubles games :D). I'm a intermediate player, with balanced style.

On my firsts shots I had a tremendous difficulty to clear, smash and I hit several wrong drop shots. So, I strung my Feather300 with 29 lbs. After a while and with new strings, I started to understand that the problem was ME! I think there is as important timming difference that have to be understand and mastered to play with this racket. Now, my shots are better and I feel quite confortable during the game.

Well, on doubles, I felt me unbeatable yesterday. This racket deliver a incredible defense and I could beat some strong smashes too. On singles, I think I found an interesting balance and I got to make a nice game.

I still think that this racket lacks in power and stability (Well, it is a 6U racket!), but the defense is so delightful that I'll play my next tournament (tomorrow) with her. I'll want to test other 6U rackets, like Victor and Yonex!:cool:

11. Old-Men

Old-Men Regular Member

Retired
    Thanks Edsalv,

Just a confusion for me.... I always thought tat head heavy should be good at hard smashing but apparently is different???

12. EdSalv

EdSalv Regular Member

Yes Old Man, you are right! But Feather300 is NOT a head heavy racket. Sorry, I forgot to tell you before :D

13. davinci..

davinci.. Regular Member

I donno about that.. my featherweight 300 has a balance point around 304mm(with strings, before overgrip). Coming from my tantrum 300 which ended up at 275mm loaded, I coudnt imagine a more head heavy racket, you just don't notice it, because over the racket is so light.

14. EdSalv

EdSalv Regular Member

Just we tell some ******** and someone appear to response:D Davinci, you are totally right! Sorry by the wrong information Old Man.. So, how do you hit a hard smash with this racket? I almost lost my shoulder trying

15. Old-Men

Old-Men Regular Member

Retired
    Noted ....Edsalv, ijjit because of the string tension ? Maybe too high ?

16. EdSalv

EdSalv Regular Member

I think not Old Man, I really believe that it is my problem.. maybe timing adjustment. I'll continue insisting in this racket for more some weeks, I think it really worth.

17. davinci..

davinci.. Regular Member

To be honest, I've never had harder smashes until I used this racket featherweight 300.. I've always had a really good smash, so much so that I was willing to give up some of that power going to a lower weight racket in exchange for its other benefits.. Turns out the complete opposite effect happened. Because of the lower weight you can accelerate the racket much faster, and because of the massive aerodynamic advantage the racket has. Your racket head speed is improved substantially! Put both advantages together, and instead of getting weaker smashes, I've gotten much stronger ones.

The caveat being, you have to have a decent technical smash to begin with. If you are generating the bulk of your power through the weight of your full arm swing, you'll definitely be giving up power because of the lower racket head weight.. However if you are generating your power from racket head speed(read: good wrist use), you'll find you can generate SO MUCH extra racket head speed, the kinetic energy you impart to the shuttle should be massively higher, and thus much harder smashes.

Everyone I normally play with was blown away by the smashing ability of the racket, I was just blowing shots through anyone time and time again.

Timing helps a ton too, and it takes a little while to adjust. Ill post my review of the featherweight 300 soon.

18. tiching99

tiching99 Regular Member

Hi Guys - there are now a number of apacs rackets on sale from various retailers in the uk and I'm interested in trying these out. Based on budget and availability, I've narrowed my choice down to Lethal 90 (stiff, 'slightly' head heavy) and Lethal 100 (med-flex, even balance).

Two questions:
    1) How does apac's 'stiffness' rating compare to YY / Victor? Are they broadly similar or is there a big difference (e.g. apac's "stiff" = Yonex "extra stiff" or vice versa)?
    2) Anyone used Lethal 100 before? Any reviews? Did a search on this thread and couldn't find any reference to Lethal 100 whatsoever!

I was also looking at the Virtuoso Performance, but its too head heavy for me (according to apac's measurements anyway!)

19. yuan7980

yuan7980 Regular Member

feather w 300 a very gd racquet.. easy def ,clear n smash .BG80 p 27 ibs .
    It's cheaper than arc fb =D
    i own 2 of this racquet!

20. yuan7980

yuan7980 Regular Member

uploadfromtaptalk1396328193930.jpg
    feather weight 300
    Is anyone know apacs virtuso performance selling price in m'sia?