Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Apacs Tantrum 300 or 500

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ~~Alfonse, Apr 9, 2013.

1. ~~Alfonse

~~Alfonse Regular Member

So I was wonder what are the differences between the tantrum 300 and 500? Is it a major difference? I was going to get one of them at canucks badminton store, but I don't know which one to choose from. Anyone got any details on the two and any comparisons?

2. watersapien

watersapien Regular Member

If you think you have strong wrist action, go for the 300. It has a stiffer shaft. 500 has a more flexible shaft and perhaps a little head heavy. 300 had really good reviews here in this forum. I myself use a 300.

3. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

T200 is stiff and even balanced. I measured mine today and it was 290mm with grip and strings (285mm unstrung). It's great overall, its only weakness is a "powerful" rearcourt smash. I can still smash really well from the back, but it doesn't have as much power as a head heavy racket.

T500 is medium stiff and even balanced, though slightly head heavy at 290mm (unstrung). So if you have a fast swing, this wouldn't be the best for you (then again, Lee Yong Dae and Ko Sung Hyun use a medium stiff racket Brave Sword 12, so go figure).

From what I've noticed from my own experience is that for stiff rackets I use more of my arm and less wrist. With a medium stiff and more so with flexible rackets, I tend to "flick and snap" instead of following-through.